TGDT: 11/7 Oilers @ Blackhawks 6:00PM WGN

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
It was shortly after the Olympic break and right after Campbell got hurt. Continued almost to the end of the season.

I believe it was the dreaded Minny game when we gave up a 5-1 lead in the 3rd period and then we sucked until we played them again like two months later and destroyed them.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
I believe it was the dreaded Minny game when we gave up a 5-1 lead in the 3rd period and then we sucked until we played them again like two months later and destroyed them.

That Minny debacle was in early January. Hawks went 10-7 from that point on up to the Olympic break.

Campbell got hurt about 2 weeks after the Olympic break in mid March. Hawks had a bad March going like 6-9 during that month.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
That Minny debacle was in early January. Hawks went 10-7 from that point on up to the Olympic break.

Campbell got hurt about 2 weeks after the Olympic break in mid March. Hawks had a bad March going like 6-9 during that month.

True, but from that game until Game 5 against NSH people were much closer to the edge than now.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not directed at you Rdr:

"OH NOES THE HAWKS CAN GO UNDER .500 AND STILL BE A GOOD TEAM!?!??!?!?!!"

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
True, but from that game until Game 5 against NSH people were much closer to the edge than now.

I remember people being pissed off about the Minny game but don't remember anyone talking doom and gloom until they went on a 2-7 stretch in March before winning 6 of their last 7 games.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember people being pissed off about the Minny game but don't remember anyone talking doom and gloom until they went on a 2-7 stretch in March before winning 6 of their last 7 games.

I remember the hilarious post-game banter about Q "taking his foot off the gas" that was it, no "doom and gloom".

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
I remember the hilarious post-game banter about Q "taking his foot off the gas" that was it, no "doom and gloom".

No, there wasn't no real doom and gloom that I can recall until March. Then I do remember some people talking about the Hawks being elimated in the first round or something to that extent because of the slump.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
No, there wasn't no real doom and gloom that I can recall until March. Then I do remember some people talking about the Hawks being elimated in the first round or something to that extent because of the slump.

Well a lot of people were going "THIS ALL STARTED BACK AT THE MINNY GAME HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG"

and I quote.

R K

Many specific people LOL!

They did not play well in a lot of the Nashville Series. Did not start well against the Canucks, and until the sweep which started in San Jose, did in general not play to well at the United Center.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Many specific people LOL!

They did not play well in a lot of the Nashville Series. Did not start well against the Canucks, and until the sweep which started in San Jose, did in general not play to well at the United Center.

SHUT UP.... Season is overr!!!!!!
<
<

Shredder

Liked Posts:
Going through a slump (or "taking the foot off the gas") is understandable when you're 43-16-5 and have 91 points in the bank. In my opinion, the 2010-11 incarnation of the Hawks hasn't given us any indication that they're about to get it going. It's not going to happen unless the team defense improves a lot. As long as we're allowing three goals per game, it's going to be a continuous struggle.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
Forward points per minute of ice time.

Sharp - 1pt for every 19:50

Kane - 1 per every 22:22

Hossa - 1 per every 23:22

Stalberg - 1 per every 26:00

Toews - 1 per every 27:35

Brouwer - 1 per every 29:35

Bickell - 1 per every 31:38

Kopecky - 1 per every 34:26

Dowell - 1 per every 42:32

Skille - 1 per every 44:35

Pisani - 1 per every 77:31

Scott - will he ever register a point? Zero for 107 minutes so far.

Read into this as you may. Toews, Kane and Hossa have to get those numbers closer to 1 point for every 20 minutes, or better. But Kane and Hossa aren't far off. Stalberg, given his production, is the one who deserves more minutes.

Pisani's numbers are somewhat skewed by the fact 15% of his on-ice time comes killing penalties. But even if you take that out, he's scoring at a God-awful 1 point for every 65 minutes on the ice.