TGDT: 2/21 Blackhawks @ Blues 1:00PM WGN

R K

Like I said Acco it will bother me if they don't make the playoffs. That said I will not be distrought at all. I will chalk it up to a rebuilding year after winning the Cup and for me, knowing they will be competative for years to come, is enough to keep me excited.

Like you though I think they'll make it.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Its baffling this team fighting for playoffs...IMO, they deserve better than the getting labeled as soft, dont care, dont compete for a full 60...and all that. For their roster turnover, thier numbers arent bad - just some crazy circumstances that have been happening to them. I've always believed in the hockey gods evening things out and this team is due for bounces/breaks and a long run.

Someone brought up they are +23 in goal differential....that's 6th best in the whole NHL

VAN - +59

PHL - +46

BOS - +44

PIT - +31

DET - +29

CHI - +23

Also, 4th in GF...2nd in PP...

R K

agree 100%. I brought up the +23......

There are an easy 10 games this team should have and could have had 2pts where they ended up with ZERO. That's 20pts folks. Add that to the 68 and where are they.

No bounces almost all year and no breaks but a scarce few.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
all that says to me is that they have been very inconsistent with some very bad runs and very good runs. They either win big or lose big I guess. Which is odd because that's not the case lately with all these fucking overtime games. 1 of the last 6 games have been decided by more than 1 goal, and three of those games have gone to OT.

R K

all that says to me is that they have been very inconsistent with some very bad runs and very good runs. They either win big or lose big I guess. Which is odd because that's not the case lately with all these fucking overtime games. 1 of the last 6 games have been decided by more than 1 goal, and three of those games have gone to OT.

So what? You take a look at the record of the teams they are playing? Columbus is something like 11-3-2, The Pens are hurt but Fleury played great. St. Louis was back to back in less than 11 hours.

Before that they went down 2-0 to a Pheonix team that's won 11 games in a row. Which again was another 2nd have of a back to back playing a rested team.

yea they should be walking right through all these other teams fighting for a playoff spot. Come on..

NONE of the last 6 games was against a team OUT of the playoff race.

Oh and theyve gotten points out of 6 of their last 7 games.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hawks have played 27 - one goal games....and their record is 11-10-6 (.407%)...27th in the league

Last year played 40 - one goal games....and their record was 23-9-8 (.575%)....6th in the league

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And WASH barely beat PITT 1-0 when PITT was playing 2nd in back to back, and WASH is a pretty good team. It took their goalie Neuvirth (or however you spell it) to steal that game for WASH.

SO do the Caps suck? Have no heart? They have Ovie, Semin, Backstrom, Green...etc....and only scored once against a tired PITT team, on the road, etc.

Beacuse they "shouldve" destroyed PITT, I mean, on paper...therefore if they don't win how some think they should, they suck, are a disappointment, don't deserve the points...

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q back behind the bench. Multiple sources reporting he was on the ice for practice today.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Here's how I see it -- if they had those 20 extra points, Ron, they'd be cruising into the playoffs thinking they could win without putting forth a solid effort each game. THIS way, they scratch and claw their way into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. And when they playoffs begin, they FINALLY realize "Hey, WTF, we need to play 60 minutes every game!!" Then they go on to win their second Stanley Cup in two years.

That's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it....

biggrin.gif

R K

Here's how I see it -- if they had those 20 extra points, Ron, they'd be cruising into the playoffs thinking they could win without putting forth a solid effort each game. THIS way, they scratch and claw their way into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. And when they playoffs begin, they FINALLY realize "Hey, WTF, we need to play 60 minutes every game!!" Then they go on to win their second Stanley Cup in two years.

That's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it....

biggrin.gif

Could be right. I said long ago it could be a blessing in disguise. They have to make it there first though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So what? You take a look at the record of the teams they are playing? Columbus is something like 11-3-2, The Pens are hurt but Fleury played great. St. Louis was back to back in less than 11 hours.

Before that they went down 2-0 to a Pheonix team that's won 11 games in a row. Which again was another 2nd have of a back to back playing a rested team.

yea they should be walking right through all these other teams fighting for a playoff spot. Come on..

NONE of the last 6 games was against a team OUT of the playoff race.

Oh and theyve gotten points out of 6 of their last 7 games.

How does what I said relate to what you said? Did I say they were lucky to win? did I say They've played like shit? All I said is that to mean it says they been very inconsistent either winning big or losing big and that as of late they have all been one goal games. Which was odd.... so to you I say. So what?

R K

How does what I said relate to what you said? Did I say they were lucky to win? did I say They've played like shit? All I said is that to mean it says they been very inconsistent either winning big or losing big and that as of late they have all been one goal games. Which was odd.... so to you I say. So what?

At least you could have given me a go FUCK YOURSELF!!

And I was pointing out WHY they were close games!

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Look we can bring status, teams playing back to back, good teams, bad teams, how we faired against this team, or that...it really doesn't matter...any team can win if they bring the fire and their A game. The team that I saw play in the second period of the blues game was the real hawks team that still has it...they just need that spark to light up again...the issue is they have won the cup and the spark that was consistant last year to win it isn't there to go along with 33% of the chemistry, injurys, and one ulcer. Yet we are in the thick of it all.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At least you could have given me a go FUCK YOURSELF!!

And I was pointing out WHY they were close games!

Oh I know why they were close games, they beat or lost in OT to some very good teams. They've got 8 of the last 12 points, and that's nothing to shake a stick at. I was just pointing out that they haven't been consistent in the scoring department but recently they've had a streak of close untypical games, and I'm happy they are winning. If anything they are showing more consistency, and that's what you need in the playoffs, or at the very least to make a playoff run. Soo... go Self your fuck!

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Look we can bring status, teams playing back to back, good teams, bad teams, how we faired against this team, or that...it really doesn't matter...any team can win if they bring the fire and their A game. The team that I saw play in the second period of the blues game was the real hawks team that still has it...they just need that spark to light up again...the issue is they have won the cup and the spark that was consistant last year to win it isn't there to go along with 33% of the chemistry, injurys, and one ulcer. Yet we are in the thick of it all.

I think we all know and realize this. The problem being, for whatever reason/s, the team hasn't been capable of sustaining it for an entire game, let alone 2-3.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I know its early but can we start the Nashville thread...I am really excited for this game, I don't know why...maybe its been for ever it feels like since we played last.