TGDT: 3/8 Blackhawks @ Panthers 6:30PM CSN

supraman

Liked Posts:
Vokun is going to be a hot commodity this off-season. He is going to get a huge payday from someone. The Hawks should have won 6-3. But you can't win every game. Your going to hit a hot goalie like this eventually. The question is Turco or Crawford tomorrow? I bet Q goes with Turco Crawford needed a rest and I think Q was waiting for a loss.

I like Marty and he played solid last night but if Turco starts the bolts will win.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Marty and he played solid last night but if Turco starts the bolts will win.

Hope to see Craw back tonight, he got his night off yesterday. Q tried to squeeze one more out of Craw, it was his streak to lose. Craw will get it back tonight....

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Q mention during the postgame that it's a 45 minute drive from the hotel to the rink down there. I know the rink there is out in the suburbs but either fail on the hawks part for not finding a hotel closer to the rink or that's a pretty bullshit advantage for a team to have.

OH PLEASE. McDickhead doesn't stay in any hotel but a Ritz or Four Seasons, which is exactly 20 mins from the rink. That hotel is on the beach. There ARE hotels near the rink, but the POS wouldn't be caught dead staying in them. To blame the distance of the hotel and the rink is BS. The last 3 teams that played the Panthers at home won, and they stay in the same location. The Hawks went into that game thinking it was a piece of cake, and forgot that the Panthers players are all playing for their jobs next year. What a prefect way to show you should have a spot on the team than to beat the team your GM was fired from. The irony was not lost on anyone watching the game last night.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Vokoun played out of his ass and Crawford gave up a bad rebound on the first and a wrist shot from a 4th line center - Reasoner - for the 3rd goal.

Hawks missed tons of chances - Campoli a few, Sharp a few...and Vokoun robbed the rest.

It happens. Lets not get ridiculous here.

R K

Vokoun played out of his ass and Crawford gave up a bad rebound on the first and a wrist shot from a 4th line center - Reasoner - for the 3rd goal.

Hawks missed tons of chances - Campoli a few, Sharp a few...and Vokoun robbed the rest.

It happens. Lets not get ridiculous here.

Yup. It happens. Panthers lost their previous two games in the Shoot out. Including the Caps. No big deal, on to the next one.

Goalies win games every once in awhile and Vocoun did just that last night.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Weird... Game #67 is against the Panthers... Frolik wears #67.

Anyone who is taking this game lightly needs to take a step back, Florida is a tough team to play this year. Sure they are 13th in the East with a 26-31-9 record, but many of those losses are one goal tight games. They lost 15 games this year due to one goal -- by far the most in the league. Take five to eight of those losses and make them wins, they would be a top team in the East. They just lack firepower, but the effort is there.

They obviously do not have the fire power yet to put them over the edge in most of these games, but they certainly hang in there. If we take them lightly they'll pull out a W.

Hope Dale can put together a good summer for them, they are inching closer. In the mean time, let's remind Dale of the Stanley Cup winner that he built!

Not to beat my own chest or anything, but the script couldn't be any closer to my thoughts.

The loss sucks but 8 in a row has me feeling better. I had a feeling they would lose against the Panthers, it was just one of those games. We walked in there in the 1st taking them lightly, turned it up in the 2nd and 3rd, completely outplaying them, but they hung in there. Hope they learned their lesson.

All in all, not a big deal. Lets take two in Tampa.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Where was it said that the Hawks or "we took them lightly"?

FLA did a really good job taking away passing lanes. They're not pylons standing there in awe - they want to win too.

R K

I don't think they took them lightly either. That's bullshit. Did they take St. Louis lightly two weeks ago Monday? When they had a very similar 1st period and a very similar finish to the game, other than Bishop wasn't Vocoun?

They had a slow start. They had played 5 games in 7 days, were off in the warmth for three days. It's expected. They came out slow, while Florida did not.

They woke up though, and the other goalie stoned them. Tonight should say a lot against another very good team.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Where was it said that the Hawks or "we took them lightly"?

FLA did a really good job taking away passing lanes. They're not pylons standing there in awe - they want to win too.

Obviously I'm not taking anything away from FLA, but that 1st period was flat. We could have prevented at least two of those goals, the Panthers took advantage of our mistakes and it cost us.

The rest of the game we put FLA on their heels, 1st period was not good.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They had 3 goals on 8 shots in the first (Hawks had 10 shots). Its not like they were out shot 15/4 or 14/3...thats domination.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Thanks god for a game tonight, I don't even want to think about last night anymore.

Ton

Liked Posts:
When did I say they were dominated? I said the Panthers capitalized on key mistakes. You're making something out of nothing.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Ok..you didnt say dominated...I did in describing the 2nd and 3rd.

You said -

Took them lightly

Hopefully learned their lesson

Came out flat

I said it was a matter of Crawford not stopping the puck and Vokoun doing that at a ridiculous pace. I don't know what lesson needed to be learned other than pull the horseshoe out of Vokoun's ass.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Funny how they turned it up after the 1st. Must of been luck. Obviously nothing to do with taking a bottom feeder in a different conference lightly, because that never happens.

I don't know how else you can explain that.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Ok..you didnt say dominated...I did in describing the 2nd and 3rd.

You said -

Took them lightly

Hopefully learned their lesson

Came out flat

I said it was a matter of Crawford not stopping the puck and Vokoun doing that at a ridiculous pace. I don't know what lesson needed to be learned other than pull the horseshoe out of Vokoun's ass.

The lesson is play 60 minutes. Not 40. Doesn't matter who the team is. They made plenty of mental errors in the 1st, which gave the Panthers opportunities to capitalize. After a very good chance in the 2nd, which Turco stopped, the Panthers barely had another good scoring opportunity the rest of the game. Do we really need to go through each goal? First two were errors that could have been prevented... I'm too lazy to explain, should be easy to identify though.

I'm not crying about it, it happens and I'm sure they'll adjust accordingly against the Lightning.

We didn't play bad the last 40 minutes, and probably should have won if not for Vokoun. Oh well, two more points available in Florida tonight against Tampa.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Ok...then run the table 60min - balls to the wall, non stop, because that happens ever from any team. Sometimes you play well and can still lose - just as FLA didnt play well and won.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm done discussing this, you keep putting words in my mouth and don't even want to try and understand what I'm talking about. Forget it, you're right.

Mental errors = balls to the wall. Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I like how you can read my comments as me putting words in your mouth or done discussing this - as if I'm the ridiculous one.

You used the phrases about taking lightly, learned a lesson...I disagreed.

But I'm the one flying off the handle in rage. I'll read your word as bible from now on.