TGDT: WCQF - 4/21 Blues (2) @ Blackhawks (0) 7:00PM CNBC/CSN

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="226725" data-time="1398094138">
<div>

<span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Hawks forwards have one goal in 8+ periods.</span></span></p>

</p>

Need to have either</p>

</p>

Sadd - Toews - Hossa</p>

Sharp - Shaw - Kane</p>

</p>

or</p>

</p>

Bickell/Saad - Toews - Kane</p>

Sharp - Shaw - Hossa</p>

</p>

as our top two lines, and stop diluting our top 4 forwards. </p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:24px;">WAKE UP, Q!</span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He's absolutely not listening. Because it's been so ineffective the first two games...let's go back to it!!!</p>

</p>

Reported lines for tonight are: Bickell-Toews-Saad, Sharp-Handzus-Hossa, Versteeg-Shaw-Kane, Bollig-Kruger-Smith</p>

</p>

This mother fucker must be drunk.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226735" data-time="1398096463">
<div>

He's absolutely not listening. Because it's been so ineffective the first two games...let's go back to it!!!</p>

</p>

Reported lines for tonight are: Bickell-Toews-Saad, Sharp-Handzus-Hossa, Versteeg-Shaw-Kane, Bollig-Kruger-Smith</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Nah, I think he just has jock itch to the Nth degree.</p>

</p>

Too Soon?</p>

~rabid platypus~

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226735" data-time="1398096463">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Good Lord! That's one of the main reasons Q was chased out of St. Louis and blamed for losing to the Sharks during the Prez Trophy year. His asinine line combos and switching.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Well he better start playing the top 4 on the top two lines if we have jack squat after the 1st period.  ...and oh yeah, Handzus just keeps killing chance after chance for Sharp and Hossa in the offensive zone by, losing the puck, not being able to get to the puck or weakly passing away the puck. </p>

</p>

Maybe Scotty needs to take Q out to Midway or O'Hare, sit in an airplane with him, and suggest line combinations.</p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="226732" data-time="1398095944">
<div>

Chicago Blackhawks 4- St louis Canucks 2.</p>

</p>

I would like to add, I hate for anyone to get hurt....but Backes deserves that legal hit. NHL should really teach their refs to use their commen sense when making a call and not blow the whistle because 13 thousand fans are booing...delayed reactions on a call always makes you (ref ) look like you don't understand your job. Happens all the time.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Legal hit huh? Take your blinders off</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gene Honda" data-cid="226739" data-time="1398098090">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

don't have blinders on, keep your head up, if your in the motion of playing the puck, you will get leveled, he was also bending torwards the boards...if he had gotten up no call again, the refs delayed the whistle untill 13 thousand rednecks started booing, they were booing on an offsides. Regardless, he got his suspention...we should be coming home 2 to nothing lead in this series. I have faith in them if we got back from a more talented Wings team, We just need to adjust to their bullshit, screen an over rated Miller, as we saw all three goals go in from screens...we should be good.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gene Honda" data-cid="226739" data-time="1398098090">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Concur. </p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="226743" data-time="1398099819">
<div>

don't have blinders on, keep your head up, if your in the motion of playing the puck, you will get leveled, he was also bending torwards the boards...if he had gotten up no call again, the refs delayed the whistle untill 13 thousand rednecks started booing, they were booing on an offsides. Regardless, he got his suspention...we should be coming home 2 to nothing lead in this series. I have faith in them if we got back from a more talented Wings team, We just need to adjust to their bullshit, screen an over rated Miller, as we saw all three goals go in from screens...we should be good.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

just because they missed the call initially doesn't mean shit. they eventually made the right call. it was clearly a penalty. i personally disagree with 3 games but who cares. 'if he had gotten up' - he wasn't getting up because he was severely concussed. "we" shouldn't be coming home with a 2-0 lead because "we" made dumbass decisions and plays</p>

</p>

http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/community/</p>

</p>

<------------------------------------------------</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Blues are that stupid to come out looking for vengeance in this game. If they lose, Hawks are back in the series and have momentum. If they win, their 1 more game closer to having Backes back for the next round.

Now, if the Hawks jump up to a big lead (by 3 or more goals) I'd keep Kane, Toews, Hossa and Sharp on the bench for the final 5 minutes.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Would be nice if our highly paid offensive players could put a couple points up (mainly Sharp and Hoss) considering our highest scorer is a D man out for the next 3 games.

I'm also in favor of sending Zeus to the press box and putting Morin in.

Saad-Toews-Kane

Versteeg-Sharp-Hossa

Morin-Shaw-Bickell

Bollig-Kruger-Smith

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="226764" data-time="1398103792">
<div>

Would be nice if our highly paid offensive players could put a couple points up (mainly Sharp and Hoss) considering our highest scorer is a D man out for the next 3 games.

I'm also in favor of sending Zeus to the press box and putting Morin in.

Saad-Toews-Kane

Versteeg-Sharp-Hossa

Morin-Shaw-Bickell

Bollig-Kruger-Smith</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Any lineup with our top four forwards on the top two lines, and with Morin replacing Zus, is a step in the right direction.  </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="226763" data-time="1398103623">
<div>

I don't think the Blues are that stupid to come out looking for vengeance in this game. If they lose, Hawks are back in the series and have momentum. If they win, their 1 more game closer to having Backes back for the next round.

Now, if the Hawks jump up to a big lead (by 3 or more goals) I'd keep Kane, Toews, Hossa and Sharp on the bench for the final 5 minutes.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Why?  If they instigate anything within the last 5 minutes it's an auto (at least) one game suspension.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226776" data-time="1398107098">

Why? If they instigate anything within the last 5 minutes it's an auto (at least) one game suspension.</p></blockquote>

Big lead, finals few minutes? Like hell the Blues won't try and get some revenge. Stick work and rough housing doesn't constitute as a 5 minute major for fighting. Just not a good idea.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226776" data-time="1398107098">
<div>

Why?  If they instigate anything within the last 5 minutes it's an auto (at least) one game suspension.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm not saying the Blues would be dumb enough to do something (while up in a series) at that point in the game.  If they did I sure as Hell wouldn't put a lot of faith in the officials to make the call. Steen going at Seabs on Sat. no call. Doesn't matter what Seabs did , there should have been a call.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="226777" data-time="1398108068">
<div>

Big lead, finals few minutes? Like hell the Blues won't try and get some revenge. Stick work and rough housing doesn't constitute as a 5 minute major for fighting. Just not a good idea.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm with you but instead of keeping them on the bench they should just play with their head up. If a player has his head up the whole time it will be very difficult to lay him out. </p>

</p>

I am afraid of the flying knees, Bickells wide stance knee on knee was hard to watch, I am not sure what he was thinking. Not only is it an awful play, but his knees have been in question all year. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sorry for the stupid question, but is Morin still with the team in the press box or did they send him back down?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Listen</p>

</p>

Q may make bad choices and I am no huge Q fan but to say he is the only one responsible for our forwards only having 1 goal in 8 periods of hockey?</p>

</p>

Come on now. Stretch it much? Let's be a bit more reasonable than that. At what point does Sharp hit open nets? At what point does Saad start driving the net? etc etc etc. Q could help more but he isn't the guy holding the stick botching gimmie goals out there. And he certainly isn't the one botching defensive plays either (which there have been a lot of)</p>

</p>

Positive of it all is at the very least the Hawks haven't been getting blown out. They do have some positives to build on now they have to start working as a team again and build. Desperate hockey time..a little adversity..could be a good thing. We will see tonight.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

If Reaves, perchance, is suspended in game 4 for running, say, Sharp, and putting him out in Game 4 it's a no-brainer for the Bues to attempt this. </p>

</p>

Granted our top-4 aren't doing much of anything anyways, so them sitting for the final 5 might not hurt that much regardless.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226785" data-time="1398110987">
<div>

Listen</p>

</p>

Q may make bad choices and I am no huge Q fan but to say he is the only one responsible for our forwards only having 1 goal in 8 periods of hockey?</p>

</p>

Come on now. Stretch it much? Let's be a bit more reasonable than that. At what point does Sharp hit open nets? At what point does Saad start driving the net? etc etc etc. Q could help more but he isn't the guy holding the stick botching gimmie goals out there. </p>

</p>

Positive of it all is at the very least the Hawks haven't been getting blown out. They do have some positives to build on now they have to start working as a team again and build. Desperate hockey time..a little adversity..could be a good thing. We will see tonight.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Agreed, the most painful thing right now is that this series isn't tied up. </p>