Liked Posts:
Goalie win.</p>

</p>

/thread</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lucky that Miller gave up a stinker early.

The Blues D was amazing tonight.

Hawks barely knew what to do when they got the puck into the zone tonight. 

Everyone looked lost on the forecheck, and the PP for both teams are anemic. Blues totally outchanced the Hawks and Craw stole the game.

I thought Zus was good tonight, and Brookbank was serviceable. 

Bickell looked lost and was being bumped off the puck at every moment.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="226833" data-time="1398137070">
<div>

Can I hate on Bickell and the fact Q is playing Bollig with much better talent sitting in the press box?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

please do. he did throw a couple decent checks though tonight and I thought a decent first period to start. Boy he botches it on offense though and has not been strong with the puck. Him and Saad have been disappointing this series (yah i mean it...saad has not been good..i know he has a couple assists). Nice to see Toews and Kane together again though. Now if Sharp can get going and hossa also we got lines rolling the way they should be.</p>

</p>

Morin should still be playing (I actually like Bollig though and the 4th line). Smith carries that 4th line, kruger supports well and Bollig I think adds a little service just playing good positional hockey and not taking huge risks) pretty important play Smith made when the blues had the net empty. It won't be mentioned because he's not a top 6 forward but that play was sooooo important killing time off the clock.\</p>

</p>

Series is far from over but this win was so huge. Now take game 4. Someone needs to take Petriangelo out. That guy is making it really hard for Hawk players to get infront of Miller. Best Blues player by far this series.</p>

</p>

Won't get into the Hawks PP. Just an epic shit show once again. Already explained how the left side of the pp is nowhere to be found and everything develops from the right side even with left wingers. disgrace and its easy to defend. Same as last year. They can overcome it with a good PK which they do have..and yes handzus is actually very serviceable on that pk. Only thing he is serviceable at. If they can limit Handzus at even strength and just use him on the PK. Teams actually in good shape moving forward. Guess Handzus PK abilities is why Morin is out. Only reason that would make sense.</p>

</p>

That's all. This win was massive. Gotta take game 4 now then im at ease.</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="226835" data-time="1398137258">
<div>

Lucky that Miller gave up a stinker early.

The Blues D was amazing tonight.

Hawks barely knew what to do when they got the puck into the zone tonight. 

Everyone looked lost on the forecheck, and the PP for both teams are anemic. Blues totally outchanced the Hawks and Craw stole the game.

I thought Zus was good tonight, and Brookbank was serviceable. 

Bickell looked lost and was being bumped off the puck at every moment.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yep, that about sums it up.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, any goalie would've won that game tonight.

Right?

Wait, I don't play the game.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1398115810" data-cid="226795" data-author="Tater">

When did you add the 2in17 to your name? Or have I just not noticed it until now.</p></blockquote>
Must have just noticed. I added it not too long after the final SC game.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1398138319" data-cid="226839" data-author="BHP">

Oh, any goalie would've won that game tonight.
Right?

Wait, I don't play the game.</p></blockquote>
Yea! Huet would have lost...I mean won.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="226843" data-time="1398139214">
<div>

Yea! Huet would have lost...I mean won.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTRblYTevk</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226852" data-time="1398142900">
<div>

Is Handzus going to be this year's Sopel?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

NEVER!!!</p>

</p>

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!</p>

</p>

</p>

Hammer has more bruises than anyone else on the team. It all comes down to bruises in the  Brent Sopel Human Bruise Invitational. Hammer is ahead on the game card.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zus had a good game, but he has no business on line with Sharp and Hoss. Since he spends so much time on the PK, play him on the 4th line and move someone up.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Crawford stole that game and was the sole reason the Hawks won. Gotta give credit where it's due and he played phenomenal.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="226859" data-time="1398173586">
<div>

Zus had a good game, but he has no business on line with Sharp and Hoss. Since he spends so much time on the PK, play him on the 4th line and move someone up.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Can't do that when Bollig is playing 5 minutes.</p>

Everyone is picking up the slack for his inability to play in this series. There needs to be someone else slotted in for #52, just so Q isn't double shifting 88, 10 and 19. Those forwards were out of gas at the end of the third, and the forecheck could barely get the puck past the red line late in the 3rd.

Zus was everything the Hawks needed him to be last evening.

I know this is a discussion on the 4th line, but it's a ripple effect that affects the entire team.

Kane and Toews can't be playing Dman minutes 3 games into the playoffs-- coming off two OT games.</p>

~rabid platypus~

Liked Posts:
I feel much better about our chances after that game. We dominated the entire game, but Crawford was phenomenal. He has definitely outplayed Miller this series.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226836" data-time="1398137626">
<div>

please do. he did throw a couple decent checks though tonight and I thought a decent first period to start. Boy he botches it on offense though and has not been strong with the puck. Him and Saad have been disappointing this series (yah i mean it...saad has not been good..i know he has a couple assists). Nice to see Toews and Kane together again though. Now if Sharp can get going and hossa also we got lines rolling the way they should be.</p>

</p>

Morin should still be playing (I actually like Bollig though and the 4th line). Smith carries that 4th line, kruger supports well and Bollig I think adds a little service just playing good positional hockey and not taking huge risks) pretty important play Smith made when the blues had the net empty. It won't be mentioned because he's not a top 6 forward but that play was sooooo important killing time off the clock.\</p>

</p>

Series is far from over but this win was so huge. Now take game 4. Someone needs to take Petriangelo out. That guy is making it really hard for Hawk players to get infront of Miller. Best Blues player by far this series.</p>

</p>

Won't get into the Hawks PP. Just an epic shit show once again. Already explained how the left side of the pp is nowhere to be found and everything develops from the right side even with left wingers. disgrace and its easy to defend. Same as last year. They can overcome it with a good PK which they do have..and yes handzus is actually very serviceable on that pk. Only thing he is serviceable at. If they can limit Handzus at even strength and just use him on the PK. Teams actually in good shape moving forward. Guess Handzus PK abilities is why Morin is out. Only reason that would make sense.</p>

</p>

That's all. This win was massive. Gotta take game 4 now then im at ease.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Bollig hasn't been that great, but he's actually been better in his role than Bickell and Versteeg have been in theirs.</p>

</p>

I wouldn't shed a tear if Bollig is pressbox'ed, but I think Bickell and Versteeg deserve to be Pat & Eddie's cabin boys before Bollig is.</p>

</p>

Get Morin or any other prospect who will play like they have something to prove out there.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="~Rabid Platypus~" data-cid="226865" data-time="1398176805">
<div>

I feel much better about our chances after that game. We dominated the entire game, but Crawford was phenomenal. He has definitely outplayed Miller this series.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seriously.  It was the worst game the hawks played in this series so far(aside from crawford obviously) and they won.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Zues is playing like this is his last year. I've been really hard on the guy, but he's been working it defensively lately... too bad he hasn't done much of anything else especially on the offensive end. He even said it himself, it's good to take it for the team like that but he has to get things going on the other side.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="226874" data-time="1398182593">
<div>

Bollig hasn't been that great, but he's actually been better in his role than Bickell and Versteeg have been in theirs.</p>

</p>

I wouldn't shed a tear if Bollig is pressbox'ed, but I think Bickell and Versteeg deserve to be Pat & Eddie's cabin boys before Bollig is.</p>

</p>

Get Morin or any other prospect who will play like they have something to prove out there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Versteeg? Yes absolutely. Bickell? No... not even close. Pretty sure Bickell leads both teams in hits...</p>

</p>

Crawford was awesome. Goalie win for sure. Hopefully that wakes up the rest of the team.</p>

</p>

Edit: Bickell is currently 2nd among all players in the playoffs in hits. You don't remove that physical presence from the lineup...</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="226874" data-time="1398182593">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

in all honesty, and i'll probably get flamed for this, versteeg hasn't been that bad this series. Last night he was really nowhere to be seen but the 2 previous games he was actually one of the Hawks better forwards in my opinion (which is often incorrect). He does have a turn over issue for sure though. I have bigger concerns with Saad at the moment. Which I'll get flamed for also. Just as bad with turn overs this series than anyone else but worse than that? He shies away from any physical aspect of the game and gets caught standing and watching a lot. Saad really needs to step his game up and his competition level. He is getting beat a long the boards like a rented mule and that's only when he decides to play the boards to begin with. I haven't been impressed with Saad much at all so far. Not sure why Saad always gets these passes with his game..he hasn't been good at all. I like Saad but this fan base highly over-rates him.</p>

</p>

Team needs Saad to step up bad because as of right now that left wing is struggling all through the line-up.  We need all the Lwers to step it up actually in my opinion. One of the reasons is Miller is stronger with the shooter off the right side than the left side. Toews gimmie goal off the left wing last night proved that. But this team doesn't play enough of the left side..sure the fuck don't on powerplays that's for sure. Even our best left winger Sharp is starting to play more off the rw side which is fucking crazy.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I won't necessarily disagree, but when it comes down to it that vast bulk of the team last night played like ass.  Unwashed and unshaven ass.  This includes all the aforementioned players--Bollig, Versteeg, Bickell, Saad, et. al.  Hammer, Zeus, and Brookbank stood out as playing better than their projections, Toews played it smart unlike Kane, Hoss, Sharp, etc, and put a shot on net that was meant to go in, not go on the highlight reel.</p>

</p>

And of course that win was all Crawford.</p>

</p>

I still think that in general that the bulk of the skaters need to simplify their game--that's how Toews scored--nothing flashiy, just got into a shooting position and let it rip to the net.  It seems a lot of the boys are going for perfection rather than a greasy, ugly one.  That mentality has to stop.  Keep it simple and get back to hockey 101.</p>

</p>

Crawford may have bailed the boys out with a spectaular perfomrance, but with the boys we have he shouldn't need to.</p>