TGDT: WCQF - 4/21 Blues (2) @ Blackhawks (0) 7:00PM CNBC/CSN

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I tend to like Bolig in the lineup as someone who will drop gloves if needed to help curtail some of the fiestyness on the other side. He hasn't been too bad I didn't think but i don't think he's really getting minutes to care about. But if someone had to sit, at least for the next two games I think it would have to be Bolig because brookbank can fill that roll of adequate hockey player who can drop gloves when asked. You don't really need two of those guys so since you lost skill with seabrook it would make sense to me to try to add some more onto the ice and the odd man out in my book is Bolig even though I think that dollar for dollar he hasn't been the worst player out there. Just doing what he's supposed to do, you just don't need it as much with Brookbank</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
The least of the Hawks worries is if whether or not they dressed someone who fights. Morin should've started in his place the last game and moving forward.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm all for sitting Versteeg over Bollig. Morin won't be real effective sitting on the bench as a 4th liner. Move him to the 3rd and he's atleast more tenacious and aggressive. Plus, with flutter puck-Steeg on the ice, he's a turnover away from killing the Hawks.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
versteeg > saad this series</p>

</p>

</p>

seriously when is saad going to get the ripping he rightfully deserves.  i cant be the only one seeing bad playoff hockey being played by saad. versteegs tunr overs are nothing compared to the ones saad has been coughing up. and fuck is he ever getting beat one on one nearly every shift.</p>

</p>

</p>

hossa can start putting points up anytime soon also. and if hes not going to do that he can start blocking shots.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226918" data-time="1398202994">
<div>

The least of the Hawks worries is if whether or not they dressed someone who fights. Morin should've started in his place the last game and moving forward.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

This coming from someone who thinks an unproven CHEAPER goalie would be capable of what Crow did last night.  :puke-front:</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226922" data-time="1398203627">
<div>

versteeg > saad this series</p>

</p>

</p>

seriously when is saad going to get the ripping he rightfully deserves.  i cant be the only one seeing bad playoff hockey being played by saad. versteegs tunr overs are nothing compared to the ones saad has been coughing up. and fuck is he ever getting beat one on one nearly every shift.</p>

</p>

</p>

hossa can start putting points up anytime soon also. and if hes not going to do that he can start blocking shots.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Remember Q did have Saad Healthy scratched a game or 2 the last week of the regular season so he was seeing something missing from Saads game as well.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't worry kids, new...uninformative... GDT will be up in a bit.</p>

</p>

Bolts suck btw.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="226923" data-time="1398203830">
<div>

This coming from someone who thinks an unproven CHEAPER goalie would be capable of what Crow did last night.  :puke-front:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Happens every night in the NHL. Cheap, unproven goalies have great games. Happens in the playoffs as well. Happened last year with Crawford. Happened with Niemi a few years ago. It happens all the time.  It's pointless to go on, you're just going off confirmation bias, you'll never be open to see it any other way.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Crawford was unproven last year, it was his 3rd season in the NHL. I also don't recall Niemi having a SO in the playoffs.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
So coming off that playoff series against Phoenix, he didn't have something to prove?</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226945" data-time="1398211874">
<div>

So coming off that playoff series against Phoenix, he didn't have something to prove?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well, if you look at it that way... every year he'll have something to prove. This year, he's trying to prove that he can win another Cup.</p>

</p>

He'll be unproven until the day he retires!</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
No, he's got the golden ticket now that his name is on the Cup. That title will be with him forever, "Cup winning goalie". And really I don't care. With as much competition there is for as few spots there are in the NHL for goalies, if that helps someone keep a job, whatever.  Good for him. The Hawks just don't need  to be one of the teams suckered into paying for something like that when it's been their style of play that has gotten them their success. And what they risk in paying top tier money for a goalie. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226945" data-time="1398211874">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Sharp needed to prove something after that series. Which he did last year. Next year he will have to prove something yet again after this current series if he doesn't start putting pucks into empty nets.</p>

</p>

Still have no idea why people harp on craw for that series. Was a lot like this series right now. Not getting much scoring. For someone who believes in team strength in front of goalies you sure like to ignore when a team is shit in front of Crawford. You make a no sense Variable.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226950" data-time="1398213098">
<div>

No, he's got the golden ticket now that his name is on the Cup. That title will be with him forever, "Cup winning goalie". And really I don't care. With as much competition there is for as few spots there are in the NHL for goalies, if that helps someone keep a job, whatever.  Good for him. The Hawks just don't need  to be one of the teams suckered into paying for something like that when it's been their style of play that has gotten them their success. And what they risk in paying top tier money for a goalie. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hawks don't win a Cup without Crawford in 2013, period.</p>

</p>

I sure hope that style of play shows up in 2014, because without Crawford this team is 0-3 right now in this series. Suckers!</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Noooo, you missed the point TCD, as I expect Ton will as well. Experience doesn't really matter for anything if you have a good enough team. People take the "Cup winning goalie" myth and stretch it as far as they possibly can to justify paying a goalie stupid money.   That wasn't me saying he had something to prove, that was the general consensus of him going into that season. If people want to lie and say they felt totally comfortable with Crawford in order to make their argument work, fine go ahead. Can't stop that. But, again, for most people, most hockey fans no matter what the team to be fair, that's them lying through their teeth. Because goalie evaluation and analysis is fucking godawful.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="226955" data-time="1398213914">
<div>

I sure hope that style of play shows up in 2014, because without Crawford this team is 0-3 right now in this series. Suckers!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Oh I do too. Because you remember  that article you wrote? How you said the Hawks were playing so uncharacteristically?  Kinda like if they didn't take three horrible, Canuck like penalties consecutively in the last half of the third in Game 2, they probably end up winning that game? How you said that THEY were the dirty team in a series like this (and which was completely accurate)? Because yeah, if they played the way they are more than capable of playing, they may have been on the verge of sweeping the Blues right now.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226956" data-time="1398214233">
<div>

Noooo, you missed the point TCD, as I expect Ton will as well. Experience doesn't really matter for anything if you have a good enough team. People take the "Cup winning goalie" myth and stretch it as far as they possibly can to justify paying a goalie stupid money.   That wasn't me saying he had something to prove, that was the general consensus of him going into that season. If people want to lie and say they felt totally comfortable with Crawford in order to make their argument work, fine go ahead. Can't stop that. But, again, for most people, most hockey fans no matter what the team to be fair, that's them lying through their teeth. Because goalie evaluation and analysis is fucking godawful.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Experience doesn't matter, sometimes it does, but it's not the main factor here.</p>

</p>

Mental stability. Crawford has that. Most goaltenders don't. This is why he's paid the big bucks and it's going to be worth every penny.</p>

</p>

You're right though, goalie analysis is awful. The stats don't do justice to define each goaltender. This is probably why you (and many many other people) think there's not much difference between Mr. Average and Corey Crawford. Well, actually, that's not true, because I know that you know there is a difference. It's just a matter of you thinking that it's not worth it. I can't convince you otherwise. I think it's worth the money.</p>

</p>

This team is not good enough to win without a great goaltender. I don't know where that "myth" came from.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226957" data-time="1398214541">
<div>

Oh I do too. Because you remember  that article you wrote? How you said the Hawks were playing so uncharacteristically?  Kinda like if they didn't take three horrible, Canuck like penalties consecutively in the last half of the third in Game 2, they probably end up winning that game? How you said that THEY were the dirty team in a series like this (and which was completely accurate)? Because yeah, if they played the way they are more than capable of playing, they may have been on the verge of sweeping the Blues right now.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I agree, but that's not the case right now. There has to be a balance of both. Goaltenders are part of the team. Everyone needs to be great.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is the same argument going on in 3 threads?</p>

</p>

Losers.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226961" data-time="1398214912">
<div>

Why is the same argument going on in 3 threads?</p>

</p>

Losers.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It's not an argument, it's a debate.</p>

</p>

Is the NYR/PHI game over already? I'm surprised you climbed out of bed to type that.</p>