TGDT: WCQF - 4/23 Blues (2) @ Blackhawks (1) 8:30PM CNBC/CSN

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="227163" data-time="1398322806">
<div>

They give him so much fucking time. He's a goal scorer and a shooter. Not very often he's going to make you look stupid with a sweet dish, so take away his time and space and go right at him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

agree hes not challenged enough. go to him. Agree 100% Same thing Shattenkirk did with Kaner tonight..gave him way to much time and space esp on the game winning goal. Thanks Shattenpants</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="227163" data-time="1398322806">
<div>

They give him so much fucking time. He's a goal scorer and a shooter. Not very often he's going to make you look stupid with a sweet dish, so take away his time and space and go right at him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

yep, just need someone following him everywhere, in his face, stick on stick.  I think Smith could do it without taking stoopid penalties.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Oshie could hit the net he'd be dangerous.  Playing like Sharp is right now, but, I think Sharp's ready to go on a streak.  I'd sit Versteeg and play Morin next game.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="227164" data-time="1398322987">
<div>

Oduya's pass to kane on the first goal was Kanesque, almost like Kane was passing to himself.  and we need to put our best D men and our best defensive forward with speed, beside Toews/Hossa, on Tarasinko, maybe Smith or Krueger, I don't know.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Really, the D just needs to stop backing in so fucking far. He's a sniper, don't let him shoot from anywhere closer than the top of the circles. And Crawford shares the blame too. He needs to take away more of that short side. His angles are off when when the puck is on the right side. Goals 2 and 3 tonight, he's too far off the post. How many goals has he given up short side, anyway? At least 3... Two of those in the last 10 seconds. He's been good this series, but he can be better.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="227158" data-time="1398322208">
<div>

You would think Crawford would stop giving up short side goals too....but I guess we're all mistaken. Especially with less than 10 seconds left on the clock... :icon-twisted:</p>

</p>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

see this is where i have to challenge you because you are seeing things that aren't happening again. Tonight was the first goals against Craw this series short side without deflections or bodies at him. When you say things like "you think craw would stop giving up short side goals" you are suggesting he has been giving up a lot of them. Fact is he has not given up one clean short side goal until tonight and I just went through every goal against him this series on nhl.com to double check that because I can't remember every goal detail against him either (where once again people can double check these things). Proof is there.</p>

</p>

Nice work by Shaw and Sharp on that game tying goal by the way. Beautiful defending lol. Wasn't all Craw there even though yah he probably wants that one back I agree. Sharps been fucking horrible at both ends no doubts. He wakes up this team can go far again. I think he will.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Tarasenko's game tying goal in game 2 was short side as well. Crawford was way too far off that post. Leaning towards the middle instead of playing the proper angle.</p>

</p>

Short side goals suck. Just play the proper angle and it doesn't happen.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="227171" data-time="1398324480">
<div>

Tarasenko's game tying goal in game 2 was short side as well. Crawford was way too far off that post. Leaning towards the middle instead of playing the proper angle.</p>

</p>

Short side goals suck. Just play the proper angle and it doesn't happen.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Was deflected by Tarasenko at the side of the net on a powerplay and don't think he could see through Oshies ass standing infront of him to be playing off the post too much. Would have to ask him that though. But yah short side goals do suck (ask goalies who Kane has owned on them) that game 2 goal happens to every goalie and I would be careful comparing it to the game tying goal tonight (tonights was worse because Craw did have the shooter in sight). even goals like tonight happen to every goalie though esp when your defenders are freaking you out not clearing pucks properly. </p>

</p>

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=</p>

</p>

i dont know if that link worked.</p>

WiHawksFan

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="227158" data-time="1398322208">
<div>

You would think Crawford would stop giving up short side goals too....but I guess we're all mistaken. Especially with less than 10 seconds left on the clock... :icon-twisted:</p>

</p>

Beauty goal by Kane. Great game from him and Toews. Amazing what happens to your star players when they aren't playing with scrubs. Thanks for waking up before game 4 this series, Q.</p>

</p>

Any time Sharp wants to pull his fucking head out of his ass is fine by me. At this point, I put Morin in for him. He's been awful. Hands down the worst Hawk tonight.</p>

</p>

New series. Best of 3. Take game 5 in St. Loser, and the Blues may be done for. They have absolutely no offense. Goals 2 and 3 were pretty much gifts.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Huh?!?! What did you forget about Versteeg? At least Sharp was getting good scoring chances. Versteeg likes to over stick handle then turn it over....useless.....</p>

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Sharpie/Hoss was dangerous all night. They will be rewarded. </p>

</p>

Teresenko will be solved. Except for Sobotka, who I'm guessing is still in major pain, nobody else looks dangerous. </p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
La Penishead's goal was a fluke.   Off the bar and ricochets off Crows leg/skate to go in.   Terosenko's goals?   First was screened on the PP and the second was a laser.</p>

</p>

Thought Crow had a good game played all right.</p>

</p>

Shaw was one inch from making Miller look like the weak goalie he is.  </p>

</p>

Sharp has been getting scoring chances every game and is just not finding the back of the net.   His turn will come.</p>

</p>

Zus will not wow us with his offense but he is killing it defensively.</p>

</p>

Only player I would consider sitting is Steeger.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiHawksFan" data-cid="227180" data-time="1398341585">
<div>

Huh?!?! What did you forget about Versteeg? At least Sharp was getting good scoring chances. Versteeg likes to over stick handle then turn it over....useless.....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I agree. Sharp could be a armless, legless stump, I'd still sit Versteeg over him any day of the week. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="227155" data-time="1398321234">
<div>

Smith needs to stay as the center to Kane and Bickell. That line has caused trouble for the opponent every time they've been on the ice. Handzus should be demoted to spot duty and PK only.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Can't say I disagree.  Smith stepped it up</p>

</p>

Crawford may have needed to have 1 or 2 of those, but really the guys making me pull my hair out were Sharp and Versteeg.  For how many times Sharp whiffed on the puck you'd think someone shortened his sticks on him--and Versteeg was bringing down an otherwise stellar bounceback from Saad and Shaw.</p>

</p>

3 game series starts now--going forward I think Craw has to bounce back a bit.  He made some good ones but let in some untimely ones--none as bad as Toews snipe last game though.</p>

</p>

But really, Versteeg and Sharp (and to a lesser extent Hossa) need to show up to the game.  Hossa, you could tell he is just snakebit but is trying to make smart plays and trying to use his puck protecting skills to prolong the offense.  I don't know what the smeg is wrong with Sharp and Versteeg.</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Before we traded for Versteeg we were at or near #1 overall, then finished 5th in our conference. When one player is allowed to play the game the wrong way, it spreads.

I was fired up when we got Steeg back...certainly not now.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Just win this series...and I think we have a great shot at the Finals, by far IMO this might be the most challenging and toughest series the Hawks will face from what I have seen in the west.</p>
<div><span> </span></div>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Crow only really had a brain fart for a small stretch at the end of the second, but I was still holding my breath and covering my eyes everytime the puck was in the zone during the OT, I felt like the only way to win was to not let them shoot.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="227197" data-time="1398351290">
<div>

</p>

Just win this series...and I think we have a great shot at the Finals, by far IMO this might be the most challenging and toughest series the Hawks will face from what I have seen in the west.</p>
<div> </div>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

San Jose is rolling right now, so I will definitely be paying attention to who they will eventually play in round 2 (LA has a small chance).

I think the Sharks roll the Ducks/Stars.

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="EspoForever" data-cid="227196" data-time="1398351040">
<div>

Before we traded for Versteeg we were at or near #1 overall, then finished 5th in our conference. When one player is allowed to play the game the wrong way, it spreads.

I was fired up when we got Steeg back...certainly not now.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I think it was one of those "Look guys, the band is back together.... sort of" moves.

</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say sit Versteeg and Sadd.  Both have been turnover machines.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I'm not jumping on the "bench this guy! He sucks" wagon just yet</p>

</p>

but if Q is only going to play Bollig for five minutes a night, you might as well bench him in favor of Morin.</p>

</p>

don't get me wrong; I like Bollig. I like his energy and what he brings. That being said, Morin hits hard too.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Maybe he's afraid to sit bolig because he doesn't want to see open season on Kane/Toews/Hossa/Sharps head...</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q won't change the lineup until they lose.</p>

There was a very interesting interview with Nick Boynton on the score regarding Q and how he coaches, plus it was a informational on how the players respect him and his decisions.</p>

</p>

I'll paraphrase, but Q more or less told Boynton that he was going in at the beginning of the Sharks series when the Hawks lost next.

They didn't lose until game 3 of the Final, and Boynton played game 4.

I know, I know, it's Nick Boynton and who cares, but he gave much more insight on how things go rather than us scratching our assholes and then smelling our collective fingers on who's going to be in the lineup next game. </p>