TGDT: WCQF - 4/27 Blues (2) @ Blackhawks (3) 2:00PM NBCSN

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
It's amazing you haven't been picked up yet

Fla is looking and Pirri is there...good match for ya there coach

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Is 2 for 29 on the pk a good stat?

Which forward led the Hawks in ice time on the pk?

But Shaw, Smith and Sharp have to play Kichens system...And you don't approve of that either coach. So it doesn't matter who they put out there really

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
the way people are bitching about pirri morin handzus bollig etc you'd think we lost in 6 games instead of won in 6 games</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness though, Pirri was producing at about a 55 point clip on the Panthers over 82 games, had a 0 +/-... which is actually pretty good on the 2nd worst team in the league getting 15 minutes a night (actually would have led the team in points). Pretty sure Pirri and Morin will be good NHL players.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Either way, I think Morin should be utilized over Versteeg.</p>

</p>

that being said, if it's for two shifts a game, what fucking difference does it make? </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Pirri is talented as hell and he will be fine just fine in Florida. If anything for him personally its the best thing that could happen in his young career. He's going to get massive ice time there.</p>

</p>

As for the Hawks? Im still urked about losing his future potential but Teravainen will more than likely ease that pain as time moves on. Im higher on Teravainen than I am Pirri even though I really do like Pirri and wish him the best.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="227787" data-time="1398748309">
<div>

</p>

that being said, if it's for two shifts a game, what fucking difference does it make? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I agree with you. I think we've been on the same page for a majority of the year. I've been saying that since we made that trade.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxcodano" data-cid="227779" data-time="1398747813">
<div>

Right. They lost games one and two because of horseshit lines

Schwartz scoring with 1:45 to tie. Pathetic line out there

And what the fuck was he doing with Toews and Hossa on the ice with 6 seconds left??

Coach Pez does not approve

And Oduya = Campoli proves how much you know

Only people I know that cry about coaches...are people that think coaches screwed them their whole lives when they simply weren't good enough. So stand by the Pirri's and Morin's out there that get screwed by the ones that continue to succeed and win. It's not a coincidence</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Lol.... So now I'm bitter and angry at Q because I have some kind of vendetta against my childhood coaches because I wasn't good enough and think they screwed me? Good enough for what, exactly? You're a riot man.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="227787" data-time="1398748309">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Right, which was my point, but before Versteeg got benched it wasn't 2 shifts per game that's being replaced. Maybe he'll fare better in the next series, I can't help but think Q dresses him for at least the first game, but if it's the same bullshit, get Morin in there. If the argument against that is something moronic like he hasn't "won" a Cup like Versteeg has, or scored 20 goals a season multiple times, I just......don't know what to say to that lol.  Both are horrible reasons with worse logic. Morin simply hasn't had the opportunity, when he has during the season, he's played well. If that was the reasoning behind protecting every  player who was once on a  Cup winning team when he is playing poorly, they'd never lose their spot.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I...just....wouldn't expect you to know what to say. Simply because unless there's a suspension coming or a visor issue, you're pretty much comic relief for several of us. Sorry to let you behind the curtain, but you're a joke

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Steeg didn't start the series off poorly in my opinion. First game he was actually one of the best Hawk forwards, second game he wasn't horrible. but come that third game he just shit the bed and it spilled over into games 4 and 5. But that entire third line he was skating on was miserable only Shaw was putting up the play that was acceptable against the Blues. Saad certainly didn't fucking help Versteegs struggles on that left wing and vice versa. Soft fucking line..thank god Shaw was on it. Was the Hawks worse line in that series hands down shift by shift. If not for Shaw and the blueline pairing and Craw that line would have been buried in minuses....and telling minuses not just abstract ones.</p>

</p>

Steeg will get the nod again in the next series. Message may have been sent... we will see. I would reject putting  Saad and Steeg on the same line again though. Fuck plant Steeg on the fourth line ala Boland style last year and see if that wakes him up. </p>

</p>

I expect a lot more from Saad in the next series. If he doesn't give it them I am going to question this fan bases obsession with him even more. Once again I like Saad i see the potential still but highly highly over-rated.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I dont know what your problem is coach

You didn't like Q before he got here - because he didn't win a cup with stl or col - son you whine about everything he does, regardless of 2 cups here

Didn't like the handzus trade, he's been very good for the Hawks especially in the playoffs. Not good enough

You were flowing heavily when they acquired prius when hjarllmarson was a pile of shit once Campbell got traded. Those 2 have been a lights out pairing for the hawks...but since you were against oduya from the get go...he''ll always be campoli - even though many things prove otherwise

I guess they'll just have to win a third cup...but lose a few games along the way, so you have something to complain about that trio

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
      :music-headbanger:  :violence-smack:    :scared-shocked:  :sci-fi-beamup:  :text-bump:    :angry-screaming:        </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Can you at least make up your mind please? Does coaching matter, or not? Because pretty much the only argument you respond with is "coaching didn't lose the game" or "coaching won't cost them a series". Well if coaching doesn't lose the game or the series, then I guess it doesn't win the game, the series, or the cup either. Right? There goes your entire Q defense of "he won two cups", I guess.</p>

</p>

How can you even defend those lines in the first two games? Did anyone here actually think that Versteeg/Shaw/Kane was going to be a good line? Can anyone say that with a straight face? I mean, come on. That line is so horribly constructed it's ridiculous. Even bandwagon assholes know that. So Q changes up the shitty lines that a lot of people are complaining about and the Hawks rattle off 4 straight. Those that were bitching about him for the first two games are just clueless assholes looking for something to bitch about. Our complaints about the lines and chemistry weren't valid, Q just decided to change up the lines for the hell of it. I mean, I don't even understand your arguing position at this point, because you constantly contradict yourself.</p>

</p>

I thought Q had a great series once he adjusted the nonsensical lines he started out with.He got the right matchups and the complaints I had were really just nitpicking.</p>

</p>

So, PMX, in a nutshell?</p>

</p>

After 2 losses with awful lines and questionable matchups:</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Why are you bitching about Q and his lines/decisions? They aren't the problem at all! Q is the bestest! Two cups!! Handzus! Bollig!</blockquote>

</p>

Meanwhile...4 straight wins(3 without Seabrook) after making line changes people suggested and reducing icetime drastically for the guys people are bitching about the most:</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Q is the greatest coach evar!!!ONE! He's never wrong! You see those lines he put out? PURE GENIUS!!! Nobody thought of those! You're a fucking idiot for bitching about Q! Two cups!!! Handzus!!!</blockquote>

</p>

Makes sense.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sitting here with my morning coffee and scratching my balls while laughing my fucking ass off.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Sure...lets talk about his "demotion" and benching</p>

</p>

I realize you pull out the stop watch and time shifts.  10 min + he was benched.  Really now?</p>

</p>

Game 3...Handzus played 20 shifts.  Same as Sharp and Shaw. More than Smith.  Guess they were benched too.</p>

</p>

2 less than Saad...4 less than Bickell.</p>

</p>

Game 4...he played 25 shifts. 2 less than Sharp, Bickell.. Same as Saad, Smith, Shaw.</p>

</p>

And yep...game 6...he only played 16 shifts as you said.  Funny is, when the game was tight/on the line in the first 2 periods...he played 12 of those shifts.  But yes, he was then "benched" as the Hawks got a couple of PP's and opened up the game.  While he was "benched" and limited to 16 shifts...Bickell only had 20 in the game.  Could those 2 - who played a physical series (hits/blocked shots)...been given some time off to recoup a bit when the game was out of line?   Nah....Q wised up and decided to sit them which coincides with the 4 goals.  Well done!!</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="227816" data-time="1398776389">
<div>

I am sitting here with my morning coffee and scratching my balls while laughing my fucking ass off.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

wash your hands. especially if you scratch your ass crack too.   ...Thanks!</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I never said he was "benched" the entire 4 games, so I'm not sure why you keep putting that in quotes. I really can't believe you're still arguing that Handzus wasn't demoted. What the fuck do you call being moved from the 2nd line to the 4th line and having your ES icetime cut in half between games 1 and 5? I also love how you cherry pick stats to match your argument. So now TOI doesn't matter and we look at shifts instead? Not even mentioning the fact that Handzus had a couple shifts that were less than 10 seconds.. Who his linemates were doesn't matter either?</p>

</p>

He played 12 shifts in the first two periods because the Hawks were shorthanded for 12 minutes out of 40, and 10 of those were served by major PKing forwards. No choice but to play him. So the game was on the line in the 1st and 2nd periods, and not in the third when they had the worst lead in hockey for several minutes? He was just being rested because the game was well in hand? :icon-lol:</p>

</p>

Bickell and Handzus were being given time to recoup when the game was out of line, but Bickell played 5:42 in the third, the most he played in any period? :icon-lol:</p>