The Adrian Peterson MEGA Thread (Update: Vikings benched him again)

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Sure he should. He didn't cheat on the football field and has yet to be convicted of a crime. If everyone in the world who was accused of something was immediately fired by their employer, there would be homeless people sleeping in your front lawn.

Yeah but you know this isnt the same situation The nfl is in the public eye, its not anonymous jo wallstreet being accused by anonymous slut for roofying her with little evidence.
Peterson is caught red handed in this situation, admits the account given by victim. I dont how long is enough but one game could be enuff that fans are totally put off by it and football becomes secondary to the sideshow. SOme guys have more integrity than that and that board seems to follow suit.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yeah but you know this isnt the same situation The nfl is in the public eye, its not anonymous jo wallstreet being accused by anonymous slut for roofying her with little evidence.
Peterson is caught red handed in this situation, admits the account given by victim. I dont how long is enough but one game could be enuff that fans are totally put off by it and football becomes secondary to the sideshow. SOme guys have more integrity than that and that board seems to follow suit.

Yea but see my post above. This seems to be a domestic abuse case and as such, the NFL needs to rule on it. If the NFL isn't saying a word, why should the Vikings?

I'll give you an example to make it simpler. This would seem to fall under the potential for a 6 game suspension. If the Vikings keep deactivating him, that means he's getting paid but not playing. Let's say they do this 3 times and the NFL says, "We are suspending AP 6 games." Guess what, he was actually then suspended 9 games because the Vikings sat him 3 times with pay. So the Vikings would be retards to do that.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Vikings are their own entity, Jim. The legal question is valid, but the moral question is more immediate.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The Vikings are their own entity, Jim. The legal question is valid, but the moral question is more immediate.

It's not a legal question as the NFL doesn't make legal pronouncements. Any punishment the NFL serves is because of morality. Since the NFL will eventually rule on this, there is no need for Minnesota to continue penalizing AP as they are basically doing themselves a disservice.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean that in a positive way - AP needs some help, however much he was beaten. It's not something anyone should perpetuate. I think he knows he was wrong about this and will be responsible about the repercussions. He doesn't need to be playing football next weekend.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I feel dirty for saying this, but I agree with what Jim said. The shit about Ray Rice was front and center because of league involvement. The league should be front and center in this matter as well. If they haven't even sent 'suggestions' to the Minnesota staff, then Minnesota should be doing what is best for the team.

Goodell is really dropping the ball on this shit. NFL athletes are heroes to so many people - the NFL is making itself look bad by tolerating wifebeaters like Rice, childbeaters like Peterson and murderers like Lewis.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not a legal question as the NFL doesn't make legal pronouncements. Any punishment the NFL serves is because of morality. Since the NFL will eventually rule on this, there is no need for Minnesota to continue penalizing AP as they are basically doing themselves a disservice.

NFL is all about litigation. They aren't in charge of this one, however much they'd like to be. I've stated that I'm uncomfortable with the state getting involved, but they already have.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard today on 670 that AP has 7 children with 5 different woman. I also heard he never met his 2 year old son that died a couple years back and only found out about the child a couple weeks before the death.

I'm not one to judge someone on their personal life decisions and I'm not implying that any of this is related in some way. It just doesn't look good at all imo. The guy is just looking more and more like a dirtbag.

Last edited:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I heard today on 670 that AP has 7 children with 5 different woman. I also heard he never met his 2 year old son that died a couple years back and only found out about the child a couple weeks before the death.

I'm not one do judge someone on their personal life decisions and I'm not implying that any of this is related in some way. It just doesn't look good at all imo. The guy is just looking more and more like a dirtbag.

You say you're not going to judge him but that's exactly what you're doing. Last I checked, impregnating women and being a deadbeat dad doesn't preclude one from playing pro ball.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At the end of the day, I think he'll abandon excuses. You have to respect him for honesty, but what the hell is he thinking to do that to a kid? I can't get my mind around it after being thrown around and having regular welt parties with Dad. It's about reconciliation for him as a Father at this point, and that's more important than Sunday.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You say you're not going to judge him but that's exactly what you're doing. Last I checked, impregnating women and being a deadbeat dad doesn't preclude one from playing pro ball.

I'm just telling you how it looks, I am not trying to pass judgement. Not that he shouldn't be judged... And no where in that post did I say any of that equates to him not playing ball.

This whole thing has caught me off guard. Before this incident happened i was under the impression that AP was a good guy. More and more stuff just keeps coming out.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is on a 5 year old child with a switch...........if someone did this to your kid for disciplinary reasons would you have a problem with it...

Adrien-Peterson-sons-injuries.jpg

Nah. I wouldn't find that strange at all. Oh you silly wife, you got carried away with the stick again did you?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah. I wouldn't find that strange at all. Oh you silly wife, you got carried away with the stick again did you?

We have a switch for you, haha. I find it sad, but it's very complicated and I hope the state sets no precedence.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wow, what the hell happened here?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't understand why MINN deactivated AP and then reactivated. The same information is there, he abused his child. He's been indicted. I can't believe they're going to start him this week. Sickens me. I've lost all respect for AP and the Vikings. It's all motivated by money and winning. Still not sure why this doesn't fall under the "domestic violence" guidelines, shouldn't he be suspended a minimum of six games? Or indefinitely like RR? Makes no sense. The NFL is screwing up big time. Vikings message boards are shutting down, they're losing sponsors like Radisson Hotels, and there will be protests at the game, etc.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, I think he'll abandon excuses. You have to respect him for honesty, but what the hell is he thinking to do that to a kid? I can't get my mind around it after being thrown around and having regular welt parties with Dad. It's about reconciliation for him as a Father at this point, and that's more important than Sunday.

Not sure he deserves any respect for honesty, or anything other than being an elite football player and his prowess at spreading his seed.

Bottom line - he's just so fucking ignorant and stupid he doesn't know what he's doing. He's got the mind of an uneducated child. Reading his texts is just sad.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/21598/nfl-personal-conduct-policy
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/why-do-people-hit-their-kids-1634802919

"...study after study after study has proven that corporal punishment—even a light spanking—does not work. At all. Corporal punishment makes kids sullen, violent, and angry."

"That's what corporal punishment is. It's a failure. It's a complete breakdown of communication between parent and child."

"Spanking and beating your kid teaches your kid to talk with violence. It validates hitting as a legitimate form of communication. Everything is modeled."

malcore

I don't know if this has been posted, but in regards to the grand jury, the facts now show that there was not a second one. The indictment came from the one and only grand jury in this matter.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't know if this has been posted, but in regards to the grand jury, the facts now show that there was not a second one. The indictment came from the one and only grand jury in this matter.

It doesn't matter. AP will serve 0 days of jail over this.