The deafening silence coming out of Halas Hall

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If you bring Eberflus back—which seems likely—you almost have to make a full 2-3 year commitment to him, to give him a shot to assemble a staff to develop a new QB and end the cycle. This one-and-done shit cannot continue.

This is exactly why they should move on from Eberflus before drafting the new QB, but I doubt it happens.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone said there is a press conference tomorrow, I don't see that anywhere. Anybody know what time?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s hilarious. This time next year Eberflus will be canned.

history repeats itself the same way.
I don't know about that, man.

If they trade Fields they'll probably end up with 4 picks in the top 75. Plus a ton of draft capital. Year 2 of the rebuild is where things start trending up.

urlacher1lb

Liked Posts:
If you bring Eberflus back—which seems likely—you almost have to make a full 2-3 year commitment to him, to give him a shot to assemble a staff to develop a new QB and end the cycle. This one-and-done shit cannot continue.

This is exactly why they should move on from Eberflus before drafting the new QB, but I doubt it
Bears are gonna Bears. Keep Flus, draft Qb, then fire Flus after next season. It’s a cycle this organization is known for.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

This is exactly why they should move on from Eberflus before drafting the new QB, but I doubt it happens.
Agree. However, Eberflus is likely under contract for 2 more years so there’s your two year commitment

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What do you think players said in the exit meeting with Flus?

"We love when you and Getsy would tell the media that all of your plays are great and its all our fault for not executing."

jive

Liked Posts:
Even though I feel like we need to upgrade from Flus, Poles did him no favors to help his record. He traded away 2 team leaders mid season, and traded away his best defender before the season started last year. The pass rush wasn't really addressed until the middle of this season.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Even though I feel like we need to upgrade from Flus, Poles did him no favors to help his record. He traded away 2 team leaders mid season, and traded away his best defender before the season started last year. The pass rush wasn't really addressed until the middle of this season.
Too fucking bad for Flus. Welcome to the NFL. Nobody did Justin any favors when they handed him to Nagy and a shit offensive line to offer as a human sacrifice to the Gods. Then the year after he still had a shit OL, his best 2 WRs were St Brown the lesser, and Darnell Mooney, then to top it all off they gave him Aaron Rodgers’ coffee guy to call plays for him.

I’m so sick of this shit. There are great HC and QBs available and they’ve got all the resources in the world. They’re going to flush it down the toilet because Flus got a raw deal?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even though I feel like we need to upgrade from Flus,
Then you do it. Its all that needs to be said. Take your 5 favorite HC candidates from this cycle and line them up next to Flus. 1-6 6 being the worst, where does Flus rank in your confidence that he'll get the most out of the roster and put them in the best position to succeed? Also where does he rank in confidence in hiring a good OC?

The dudes right hand man was not only the absolute worst DC in the league but a complete pervert. Imagine thinking theres any merit to bringing this guy back.

Historic collapses. Record setting losing streaks. Continual blaming of players, showing no self accountability.

Too fucking bad for Flus. Welcome to the NFL. Nobody did Justin any favors when they handed him to Nagy and a shit offensive line to offer as a human sacrifice to the Gods. Then the year after he still had a shit OL, his best 2 WRs were St Brown the lesser, and Darnell Mooney, then to top it all off they gave him Aaron Rodgers’ coffee guy to call plays for him.

I’m so sick of this shit. There are great HC and QBs available and they’ve got all the resources in the world. They’re going to flush it down the toilet because Flus got a raw deal?
Poles had no issue sacrificing Fields development so he could get the #1 pick and there's a chance to upgrade the position so he's going to do so. He should do the same with the HC.

Maybe if Fields had the same agent and went to church with Virginia he could have gotten a fair shake.

Reactions: chi

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Then you do it. Its all that needs to be said. Take your 5 favorite HC candidates from this cycle and line them up next to Flus. 1-6 6 being the worst, where does Flus rank in your confidence that he'll get the most out of the roster and put them in the best position to succeed? Also where does he rank in confidence in hiring a good OC?

The dudes right hand man was not only the absolute worst DC in the league but a complete pervert. Imagine thinking theres any merit to bringing this guy back.

Historic collapses. Record setting losing streaks. Continual blaming of players, showing no self accountability.

Poles had no issue sacrificing Fields development so he could get the #1 pick and there's a chance to upgrade the position so he's going to do so. He should do the same with the HC.

Maybe if Fields had the same agent and went to church with Virginia he could have gotten a fair shake.
The only slimmer of hope I have is that Getsy should have been fired for now if it was set in stone that Flus is gone.

Not sure if I will be more sad or angry if they ruin yet another top QB prospect by handing him to a lame duck HC.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only slimmer of hope I have is that Getsy should have been fired for now if it was set in stone that Flus is gone.

Not sure if I will be more sad or angry if they ruin yet another top QB prospect by handing him to a lame duck HC.
They're waiting for friday to arrive so they can give us a nice cowardly news dump.

jive

Liked Posts:

Look, I'm not trying to keep Flus or make excuses for him.
If anything, I'm pointing out how fucked up this organization is.

Poles isn't innocent in this

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
If you have been a bears fan for long enough you know that silence is apathy. It's not people hate at work or anything

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Your avatar is confusing. If the Bears draft the diva, how do they also get the Star WR?

What??? If the Bears draft a diva QB and a WR they would both be on rookie contracts for 5 years. Affording them isn't a problem and it's not like diva QBs don't want WR so you trying to make crap to suit your confirmation bias about a QB in the draft makes no sense.
Do better.

If all people can come up with is crying, fingernails and claims of diva we need to get that QB, he is the most problem free QB for things that matter ever.

They are more likely poking around in Virginia’s colostomy bag, but will need to pay Ernie Accorsi several million dollars to confirm there is indeed a kernel of sweetcorn in there. It’s Ernie time!

The name is an ostomy bag even if it is technically for a colostomy. That's not how they work.
You glue a flange to your stomach around the stoma. You put a bag on it in some way. The options are a quick release or a not quick release on the flange. Quick release the whole bag comes off and goes into the garbage. Not quick release the bag has a clip that opens and you dump it in a toilet. At no point is there any worry about what's in it other than blood. Yes if you ate corn there's probably corn in it. If it's in the bag, great.

Now if you had a leak and got a kernel between the flange and skin that would be a problem but you've already got a leak, it's not like you can reglue it so it just needs removed, cleaned and reapplied. A bigger worry is hair. I'm a guy with about an 80% chance to have an ostomy at some point but I imagine at Virginia's age she has a few wild hairs and isn't any better off than most guys.
I could ask my aunt if you want. She's not 102 but she's old enough and has an ostomy bag (which is actually for a colostomy).

We have a segment of the fan base leaving love signs to Justin in front of Halas Hall.

It’s not obvious to everyone 😂

I still don't care. We'll just be getting a different QB to not give an offense to and subject to this ass team.
This team isn't going to change until there's new ownership.
We aren't trying to have a QB. If anything we're trying less than ever. They're just doing it with better names and hanging onto them longer.
No QB will ever be able to do it with what the McCaskeys will allow on offense.

I don't know who DaBearsBlog is, but a decision on Fields doesn't need to be made until I think March 13th. That's not the decision right now, and I really doubt it is addressed at the press conference except some blanket statement like "we will continue to review all positions including the QB position before making any determinations to put our team in its best position '.

I don't think a decision on Fields ever needs to be made.
If you mean for the 5th that's May 3rd.
But it would be better to trade him before the draft to get a pick this year since we gave away our picks for defense that can't defend and to give the new team time to decide if they want the 5th.

It’s hilarious. This time next year Eberflus will be canned.

Too soon. Next year a week or two after the Super Bowl after all the good HC prospects are gone.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If we don’t hear something today it becomes glaringly obvious that there is a major disagreement being hammered out in Halas Hall. Either between ownership and the front office or some fraction within.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
If we don’t hear something today it becomes glaringly obvious that there is a major disagreement being hammered out in Halas Hall. Either between ownership and the front office or some fraction within.
Flus is standing on the table for Getsy. Poles is deciding to either keep Getsy or fire them both….

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Waiting for Bienemy to be let go by the commandos…..