"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
It was the 4th pick. I was in a bar watching the draft, and when they announced Benson, I shrieked out loudly and alarmed everyone in the place. Stupid fucking pick, and we got nothing for Thomas Jones.
4th? Now I'm even more pissed then before!.......lol....can't remember where I was, but I know I was pissed....

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
That Benson pick was bizarre from the start. They interviewed him a few minutes after the Bears picked him and he was crying . . .
yes....I remember now....he was crying....good memory..........he was a Lovie pick.....a Texas connection for the Lovely One.....because they were both from Texas, Thurston Howell had to have Benson solely because he was a Texan....I sure hope that story isn't true.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Bears had it made with Thomas Jones, and dumped him. Then the Jets had it made with Thomas Jones, and dumped him. Never understood it.
Those are the two NFL teams that nobody understands, so it makes sense not to understand. If you understood, then I'd worry about you......lol...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
If you are retaining Flus and Getsy, they are going to trade out of the number 1 and build the team around Justin. It is logical to maintain continuity. Getsy struggled to call games but Poles provided him with absolute trash in the interior OL these past two years and DJ Moore only this past season.
If we're at the point that we're retaining Getsy I'm not going to make any more speculations based on what is logical.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was just about to post this. George is a cuck.

I remember there were reports from the national media that those losers were genuinely surprised they weren't fired.
It was that moment that i realized there was no bottom for them. It could always get worse. It was so bad that it was hilarious.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It was the 4th pick. I was in a bar watching the draft, and when they announced Benson, I shrieked out loudly and alarmed everyone in the place. Stupid fucking pick, and we got nothing for Thomas Jones.
My sig line during that entire preseason leading up to that draft was "Anyone but Benson".

Because I knew they learned nothing from Rashaaaaaaan Salaaaaam - i.e., ignore the yard totals, cause those RBs were running behind such dominant OLs they would consistently run 5-10 yards before even a threat of first contact. Add to that mid blocking ability +meh in the pass game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see it as a bad option with hanging on to Fields and drafting Caleb. Bears have not had a QB in 100 years, why not hang on to 2 and let it play out.

More likely you trade down from ans draft a QB. Fields only makes sense to keep IMO if you have decided the QB you like isnt currently projected to go at one.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
It’s hilarious. This time next year Eberflus will be canned.

history repeats itself the same way.
I’d be really pissed if Harbaugh was holding up the trophy with Herbert and the chargers next year too. Not sayin we would have won, but he could have pushed the Bears to be better because he knows he to coach.