The Derek Carr Offseason Plan

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You have the Raiders trade as the 43rd pick going in one spot and the 50th pick in another spot. You also don't have Trevathan on the final roster.

But I would like this offseason. Not a fan of all the trade backs in the draft. But I like the picks if they are on the board (some seem like longshots though).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Carr would be a big get for a second

He comes in and legitmizes our qb position immediately and buys the bears time to build the offense and find the next franchise guy

msadows

Liked Posts:
Carr would be a big get for a second

He comes in and legitmizes our qb position immediately and buys the bears time to build the offense and find the next franchise guy

"Next franchise guy"?

Carr would be the best QB this team has ever had. And he's 29. Guy has at the least a 6-7 year run in him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You need to adjust your original post.
  1. Carr is traded for both 2nd round picks at different places.
  2. If that 6'6' OT from the Raiders is 240 pounds, all of us must weigh 80 pounds

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not in favor of giving up a 2nd and conditional picks for Carr. Hes good. But I think he’s closer to average than he is to great. I would not want to build my offense around Derek Carr. Therefore, I wouldn’t not give up a 2nd rounder and maybe more for him. The roster what Windy mocked up is solid, but I don’t think it’s a SB roster. Be patient and go all in 2021.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Not in favor of giving up a 2nd and conditional picks for Carr. Hes good. But I think he’s closer to average than he is to great. I would not want to build my offense around Derek Carr. Therefore, I wouldn’t not give up a 2nd rounder and maybe more for him. The roster what Windy mocked up is solid, but I don’t think it’s a SB roster. Be patient and go all in 2021.

I'd only do this trade if they can flip Mitch to save on cap space and minimize draft pick loss. This won't happen tho. Based off quotes from Gruden when the pick was made, you can tell he wasn't a fan of jock itch mitch and deemed him a huge project.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd only do this trade if they can flip Mitch to save on cap space and minimize draft pick loss. This won't happen tho. Based off quotes from Gruden when the pick was made, you can tell he wasn't a fan of jock itch mitch and deemed him a huge project.

Yeah not happening.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't even think we have a 3rd...lol.

Pace already killed this draft by trading so many picks away...what's a few more...lol.

‾\_(ツ)_/‾

They have 8 picks once they get the comp 4th rounder and 2 picks in the top 50.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But I think he’s closer to average than he is to great.

He was his first 5 years in the league. And 20+ million a year in salary including the draft capital.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not my favorite off season plan but I could live with it. But I think it only happens if the Raiders sign Brady.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We are not spending any real money at backup QB. Carr lol. We are going to fix things around Trubisky like we should. If he fails we are cleaning house and starting over. The smart thing to do is let next year play out with Trubisky.

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
We are not spending any real money at backup QB. Carr lol. We are going to fix things around Trubisky like we should. If he fails we are cleaning house and starting over. The smart thing to do is let next year play out with Trubisky.
yup and if worst case scenario happens they’ll have 2021 and 2022 1st rounders to trade to try to get Lawrence.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
yup and if worst case scenario happens they’ll have 2021 and 2022 1st rounders to trade to try to get Lawrence.

sounds like another wasted season by the defense. By time 2022 comes around the strength of the team will require a rebuild.

SINCE 2006, 2 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES. FOURTEEN SEASONS = 2 PLAYOFFS = BIG MARKET FRANCHISE EPIC FAIL

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
sounds like another wasted season by the defense. By time 2022 comes around the strength of the team will require a rebuild.

SINCE 2006, 2 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES. FOURTEEN SEASONS = 2 PLAYOFFS = BIG MARKET FRANCHISE EPIC FAIL
i don’t know bout u but I’d rather have a chance at Lawrence over Carr.