The draft is a+ so far

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Smith highly underrated due to concerns over his size, the dude is gonna be a fucking baller, especially with hicks and Goldman in front of him eating up space.

I love grabbing Daniels in the 2nd and letting whitehair move to guard.

Previous WR Corp was Kendall Wright, Donatell Inman, and who the hell was even #3?

This year WR Corp is Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller, Taylor Gabriel, and add in trey burton.

Also consider bears added Nagy as HC and retained Fangio. Yeah, pace crushed this shit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Pace is killing it. Defensive leader and ball finding machine, really good and by all accounts smart center allowing Whitehair to go to LG, and a seriously underrated receiver who I think caps that corps off perfectly.

Now the interior of the OL looks great (Long's health permitting) and Vic has his Patrick Willis. The offensive additions this offseason overall are mouthwatering.

I'm excited. I'm never excited, but I'm excited.
I fucking love what pace is doing. Hopefully these guys pan out.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team has to be the worst in football in the snap going all the way back to Kreutz (and I loved Kreutz) and it has been costly. Hopefully this will now be resolved.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We could have had Nelson and Nick Kwiatowski as Vic's Patrick Willis.

Thank fuck for the Colts.
I'm at work, so I can't watch the draft. You have no idea how nervous I was scrolling to the bears pick until I saw Nelson off the board. I'm happy as fuck the Colts ol is insanely terrible.

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking playoffs...

This Miller kid is the truth!

his hands are absolutely ridiculous!

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I dunno about the playoffs, but Miller seems like a Nagy guy at WR.

I like that there is going to be some kind of competition for touches at camp....competition breeds success in football.

He has great hands from the little i've seen, but he is an older prospect, and he will be blanketed a lot more often at the pro level. Still, I have faith in the system picking system pieces at this point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have it at a A- to B+, what I like most is Pace has had a coherent plan from the beginning of the offseason through the first half of the draft, and he is executing:

1) Bring in waves of talent at the WR position and solve the most pressing talent deficit on the roster, CHECK.
2) Get younger and better suited for the new offense on the OL, CHECK.
3) Retain Fangio and give him speed/talent to play with, CHECK.

I can't say it's all exactly what I would have done, but he's following through with clear purpose and decisiveness like a real GM does.

I am still 100% pumped to see this team compete in 2018 and think we're a few finishing pieces away from being an 8-8 team IF the new OFF in installed efficiently and we can avoid the injury bug that has so horrifically hobbled this franchise of late.

Better yet, MT is in a much better position to be successful in his 2nd yr than he was when chosen. Let's be honest, this coming year is certainly about competing, but even more important is getting MT into the new offense and allowing him to flourish. If that happens, we will be set to compete for the playoffs in 2019.
Yup. My biggest criticism of pace up until this off-season was the lack of a plan. He just seemed to be throwing shit to see what stuck. There was no clear vision. This year, he's finally building a team. It might not work, but at least he's making moves toward the final goal.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Dude, less crack/dick sucking. Yeah, it's been solid, but if Daniels was your #2 lineman, Miller your #1 receiver, and Smith your #1 on D, I don't know what draft class you were researching.
I've seen Smith ranked ahead of Chubb, and cbs said Miller might be the most talented wr in the draft when grading the pick. Didn't see anyone put Daniels anywhere near #1 though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pace is killing it. Defensive leader and ball finding machine, really good and by all accounts smart center allowing Whitehair to go to LG, and a seriously underrated receiver who I think caps that corps off perfectly.

Now the interior of the OL looks great (Long's health permitting) and Vic has his Patrick Willis. The offensive additions this offseason overall are mouthwatering.

I'm excited. I'm never excited, but I'm excited.

Cbssportsline grades: A, A, A+

Reactions: 1ke

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I've seen Smith ranked ahead of Chubb, and cbs said Miller might be the most talented wr in the draft when grading the pick. Didn't see anyone put Daniels anywhere near #1 though.

Mayock had Daniels as the 17th overall prospect in the draft.

jbd

Liked Posts:
I'm with you folks....loving the draft...pace is killing it! ALSO....NO sign of debbie downer AKA EGGSHORTS!!!! ITS A WIN WIN!...tho im sure he will chime in at some point and act like he knows better than folks that are paid millions for their thoughts on football related matters....while he (eggshorts) sits on his couch alone and sniffs old used jockstraps!

LETS GOOOO BEARS!
I COULD SEE A WILDCARD BIRTH IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really love what they have done.

The value in the 1st round was on defense and they stayed put and drafted an elite defensive player.

The value in the 2nd round was at OL and WR and they solved both issues with players I really like.

I know people will point to a need at edge, but the draft just wasn’t providing the value there. Come back in rounds 4 and 5 and get us some young athletic edge rush projects and everything will make sense.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'm not hugely thrilled about Smith given our current roster makeup. I don't doubt that he'll be excellent, but just not sure how that squad will fit together for the next couple years (until Trev is gone and they get a true 3-4 Mike)

"Might be the most talented" [by one of a million "scouts" writing for a website] means fuck all. Again, I'm not complaining about the pick, but no one had Miller as the top WR in this draft. It seems they traded up, and got their guy, right around where he should have been taken. I have no issue with that.

Daniels may have been a #1 C on many boards, but there is no way he was ahead of Nelson or McGlinchey as a general "o-line" prospect.

Again: I'm not complaining about the picks where they were made, but this "we got the #1 prospect at 3 different positions" thing is just a tad ridiculous.

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
I'm also excited to see who we pick up in the annual post draft free agency... Could be some big name cuts.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Don't analyze the analysis of guys like Pete Prisco.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not hugely thrilled about Smith given our current roster makeup. I don't doubt that he'll be excellent, but just not sure how that squad will fit together for the next couple years (until Trev is gone and they get a true 3-4 Mike)

"Might be the most talented" [by one of a million "scouts" writing for a website] means fuck all. Again, I'm not complaining about the pick, but no one had Miller as the top WR in this draft. It seems they traded up, and got their guy, right around where he should have been taken. I have no issue with that.

Daniels may have been a #1 C on many boards, but there is no way he was ahead of Nelson or McGlinchey as a general "o-line" prospect.

What are you saying? You're pissed they didn't get the top overall prospect at each position they drafted?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s this type of draft that gives me hope for Pace and the Bears.. No “projects” so far. No getting cute or overthinking himself. #8 felt like a BPA pick (helps that there were so many good options at different positions at that time). And his second round picks filled major needs while not feeling like reaches. What else could you ask for? I feel the Bears couldn’t have wished for a better draft, other than to hope to get extremely lucky, which is independent of Pace’s analytical decisions so far.