Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That's what's generally quoted but it's really more like 1/2 a round or so. Teams also do consider who they are trading with and where they are likely to pick the following year. We may surprise but NE probably was thinking they'd move up some spots from where they were this year. Regardless, still a killer deal for the Bear.

Except I've heard (next year's picks are valued a round later) from ex-GMs like Phil Savage and Mark Dominik on NFL radio among others. Kirwin always refers to that standard too. That's different than hearing that from a sports writer or commentator.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Aaron Leming Retweeted
Jonah Tuls
Jonah Tuls
@JonahTulsNFL
·
9h
Now this... Two top 15 players on my board.. the other is my WR2 and 29th overall. A+++++ draft so far.
Dane Brugler
@dpbrugler
Love what Chicago has done. Roquan Smith, James Daniels, Anthony Miller? Three of my favorite players in this draft. #Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except I've heard (next year's picks are valued a round later) from ex-GMs like Phil Savage and Mark Dominik on NFL radio among others. Kirwin always refers to that standard too. That's different than hearing that from a sports writer or commentator.

I get it but I've followed values a bit and don't forget teams often overpay for a move with same year values. It's not a big deal to me but it's somewhere less than a full round in general from what I've actually seen but it varies but round as well. It seems less than full round in one where we've been recently to at least a full round at the back of the draft where values are much more similar. It's just easier to use the one round axiom which is close after rnd 3 (majority of the draft) instead of getting into minutia.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
That's what's generally quoted but it's really more like 1/2 a round or so. Teams also do consider who they are trading with and where they are likely to pick the following year. We may surprise but NE probably was thinking they'd move up some spots from where they were this year. Regardless, still a killer deal for the Bear.

I think this is actually where the truth lies. Patriots are betting on the Bears sucking (they haven't proven otherwise yet). They are banking in turning that late round 2nd into a early 2nd. If that were to happen, it makes the trade a more even swap.
However, if the Bears happen to make the playoffs this year, it would really tilt the trade in the bears favor.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is actually where the truth lies. Patriots are betting on the Bears sucking (they haven't proven otherwise yet). They are banking in turning that late round 2nd into a early 2nd. If that were to happen, it makes the trade a more even swap.
However, if the Bears happen to make the playoffs this year, it would really tilt the trade in the bears favor.

even if Bears get the number 1 pick in the draft the points still work out into the Bears favor....the Pats may believe there is more talent in the draft next year.....the Bears may believe that getting weapons in front of Trubisky will get this team better in a quicker fashion....

This trade may be a win-win for both teams....there does not have to be winners and losers in every trade.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
even if Bears get the number 1 pick in the draft the points still work out into the Bears favor....the Pats may believe there is more talent in the draft next year.....the Bears may believe that getting weapons in front of Trubisky will get this team better in a quicker fashion....

This trade may be a win-win for both teams....there does not have to be winners and losers in every trade.

This is kind of what I was thinking. BB probably didn't see any one worth his pick to draft. So chart value is far higher than BB value. Chances are the Bears 2nd next year is only a little lower or equal to the one BB had this year. And with no one he wanted this year might as well shoot for next year. Win for both teams.

Liked Posts:
Pace is killing it. Defensive leader and ball finding machine, really good and by all accounts smart center allowing Whitehair to go to LG, and a seriously underrated receiver who I think caps that corps off perfectly.

Now the interior of the OL looks great (Long's health permitting) and Vic has his Patrick Willis. The offensive additions this offseason overall are mouthwatering.

I'm excited. I'm never excited, but I'm excited.

Me too. I used to be excited until Cutlers 2011 season ending injury put a dent in my excitement & killed my hopes in Cutler being what I was hoping for. I still hoped for better days but when Emery forced Urlacher out the door, then didn't get a new QB, & gave Cutler that horrific contract, any excitement I was hanging on to was roadkill.

Starting with last years draft class I had a renewed interest in the Bears, that only has increased with the new coaching staff, FA additions & now this class of players.

I am very excited in this franchise again. I think that getting plug & play types which will contribute now, but should also help compliment & help boost the play of last years draft class of high ceiling developmental picks that should start growing into their own this year as well. Especially with our young QB.

IMO, the stars finally aligning for Chicago.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Also I think many ppl don't dislike the picks filling needs so much as the Bears seem to be creating those needs unnecessarily.

To that I say: Pace has many factors to consider. Such as Salary cap. Meredith in my opinion was a cap casualty. A one year wonder coming off an injury that seemed easily replaceable because slot guys are not that hard to find. This move saves future money that helps avoid having tight caps restrict possible extentions & FAs.

Sitton was great. But not a down field scheme kind of guy. With Hiestand in the mix guard is also not all that unreplaceable. The Bears get much younger. Save some money, and possible find someone with all the scheme traits.

And Bears didn't get rid of Freeman he pretty much got rid of himself. A juicer so to speak who keeps getting injured & suspended is not a core player to rely on.

The draft is always a gamble. Don't think there is much more purging Pace can do anyway.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
sitton was older, expensive and didn't play a full season with the Bears, that is why he was gone....I think Sitton could have played well for Nagy but there were too many factors going the other way....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace learning on the fly???

everyone gets better at their job as time goes on...it is just natural....

That being said, you can draft potential and still be good at your job. But right now this team needs instant performers.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm also excited to see who we pick up in the annual post draft free agency... Could be some big name cuts.

Bears still hold some pretty solid cap room.

With poor EDGE rush value in this draft, and scoring high needs elsewhere, I'm hoping for a cap casualty pass rusher...even if just a 1-2 yr vet rental & draft a young replacement later.

As usual, also looking forward to the Zero Risk, moderate/high gain UDFA class. Bears are an attractive place to go now.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
everyone gets better at their job as time goes on...it is just natural....

That being said, you can draft potential and still be good at your job. But right now this team needs instant performers.

That's why I was extremely happy when Pace moved up to get Miller as an immediate starter rather than trade back and collect a few more picks who would likely end up being projects. I don't believe for 1 second that he over-paid, if anything I feel like Pace won that deal hands down. Imagine if we do finish with a much better record this year, that 2nd rd pick we gave up next year could be late in the round and bite the Pats in the ass.

I'd say so far in this draft we've gotten 3 day 1 starters who were not only BPA but also filled our needs. Now if Pace can round out the draft with some solid ST players and backups then I'd say he may have done the best job of all the GM's with this draft. Very, very excited for this season.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
pace is really hitting his stride and i believe he's still the youngest gm in the league. I've really like each of the last three draft classes and year one netted two starters in goldman and amos. It feels like he's building the foundation for long term success.

fire him!!!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s all fun and games until the Bears are in last place again.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
It’s all fun and games until the Bears are in last place again.

And just like Poopstir in flies Sparsely to shit on things
pigeon_zpsvsy2i5my.jpg