The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love these Elder Scrolls games so much that I don't want to even start playing in fear of finishing the game

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I'll play this game (everyday for hours), I don't see myself finishing it this year. There are an insane amount of miscellaneous quests.

Just a tip to people that play this, read every single book you find in buildings, dungeons, forts and prisons. Some books not only boost your skills, but some are quest related and some will give you a quest to do.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skyrim5.jpg

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey HJ, Stormcloaks or Imperials? Pick a side!

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey HJ, Stormcloaks or Imperials? Pick a side!

I haven't gone so far to pick one yet, but I'm leaning towards the Imperials right now. There's just something about Ulfric that rubs me the wrong way. How bout you?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I decided to go withthe imperials. Im not far into the game at all. I've only completed maybe 2 missions in the main quest and around 10 overall missions

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've just been trying to discover all the main cities so fast travel is easier later in the game. I love how every city is not discovered to begin with like in Oblivion. You actually have to travel to find them.

I have a shit ton of open quests right now. Seems like everybody I talk to gives me a quest to do.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So I just made some legendary deadric armor...badass

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I regret not every leveling my Smithing skill. I've only made it to Elven so far. Sitting at level 29 currently.

I did beat the main quest last night. A little disappointed how short that quest line was, but there's so many more quest lines in the game for you to do that makes up for it. Haven't even started the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood quests yet.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems as if there are several quest glitches. Quests where you have to find an item for someone, but then it won't let you give them the item and it stays in your inventory forever.

I have a book, a journal, and a helmet that I can't get rid of because they're "quest items".

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I got a couple of those glitches going right now.

Leveling up your smithing is the easiest thing to do in this game. Keep mKing iron daggers and hide bracers

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna try that now. Never thought to do that.

A follow up to my Helm of Winterhold glitch. I just booted up my PS3 and once the opening loading screen ended and I returned to the game world, it said "Completed: Helm of Winterhold returned" and I got my reward. Thing is, I'm in the middle of some random cave right now, nowhere near Winterhold.

Didn't make any changes to my Waters of Oblivion book bug or the "Kill the dragon at...." bug that won't go away even after that dragon is long dead.

Seems like Miscellaneous quests are the buggiest right now.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Daedric artifact weapons are badass.

There's just so much to do in this game it's insane.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm level 29, 1 handed weapon, 1 handed destructive/restoration magic badass. Smithing + enchanting + sneaking + archery + light armor as well.

I love this game. GOTY IMO.

And I haven't touched the main quest since the graybeards. I will do every other questline before I touch the main quest again.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Daedric artifact weapons are badass.

There's just so much to do in this game it's insane.

I haven't gotten one yet. I'm guessing you find them on the main quest? I just finished the civil war questline and I think I'm all done with the Mages College questline. I love this game. it doesn't feel redundant like in games past. The main questlines were always different but the side stuff was the same garbage.

Game is awesome. So much improvement in many areas which is all you can ask for. Not like that garbage MW3.