The Football (Soccer for us dumb Americans) Thread

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Ugh I hate that Pirlo goes for the short touches off the corners and doesn't punch one into the 18. That short touch never works.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
christ Juventus doesn't deserve this first leg let alone a draw if it happens. Celtic deserve much better so far.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yeah no shit Celtic deserves a goal. Just cant get the bounces

supraman

Liked Posts:
ugh poor Celtic did not deserve that

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
no they didn't...even i was starting to cheer for celtic. thats a huge goal to concede also. 2-0 on home turf is rough for the second leg.

they really need to get one back before time runs out.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
BTW how does that work yet to figure it out

Each team plays the other on their home field. Team with the most goals in the 2 games advance. In case of a tie the tie breaker goes to the team that scored the most away goals. If it's still tied then it goes to penalty kicks. So Celtic would actually have to score 4 goals next match without conceding any or 3 without conceding and forcing penalty kicks. Thats just not going to happen.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Fuck Juvie... that is all.

Juvie returns the sentiment.

if anyone cares the dirty french paris team PSR beat Velencia 2-1 in Spain. I don't care for either team but dislike French football so not happy PSR won. Im not a huge fan of Spanish league football either (only like their international game) so whatever.

Real Madrid vs Man U tomorrow is a highly anticipated match. I guess I cheer for Man U. Nobody needs to see Madrid win a 10th champions league title. Screw that nonsense.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Bradford City is going to win UEFA. Even if they aren't playing. Yes an nPower League 2 team is going to win UEFA.

Yeah I guess go Man U. I dont like Ronaldo reminds me of Rick Nash and fuck that guy.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Each team plays the other on their home field. Team with the most goals in the 2 games advance. In case of a tie the tie breaker goes to the team that scored the most away goals. If it's still tied then it goes to penalty kicks. So Celtic would actually have to score 4 goals next match without conceding any or 3 without conceding and forcing penalty kicks. Thats just not going to happen.

Thanks TCD I was trying to figure that out in FIFA 13 and wasn't making any sense. Now the Championship match is 1 game right? I think i remember that from when I was on Real Madrid

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And what an opening to UEFA!!!

It does suck about Celtic. That 3rd goal sealed their fate. I concur there is NO way they beat Juv 3 - 0 next match. First goal was a fluke (and I blame the goalie even with the horrible marking) and 3rd goal was just lazy. Too bad.

And PSG winning? Gee... lets see... a team worth 330 mill beating a team who cant finish their stadium, has sold off any "star" talent, and is owned by the city... And yet they still remain.

The highlight of the night for me?

And now presenting Overrated Piece O' Garbage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgBrG4PdDg

Can you say Real Madrid v ManU?!? SO stoked for that...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm confused at what you are saying with your highlight? Are you trying to say he's overrated? Because both of those look like dives to me.