The Football (Soccer for us dumb Americans) Thread

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this is an honestly question, because i believe they both get sensationalized, but which is more of a widespread problem, the racism or the physical violence against opposing fans. And are they interconnected at all? Thoughts?

Most of the hardcore violence at games is quelled, but the Worl Cup always seems to bring up issues...like a few Cups back when a Brazilian D man was killed in Brazil for an "own" goal...in a GAME BRAZIL WON! But crowds are segregated by team supports and stuff. Much of the old issues were around England for the most part and their own government intervened with threats of removal of international play, etc.

But there have been recent incidents of players getting hit with objects and such. For the most part, the racism is predominant, but as you mentioned, they is sensationalism too. Is it an issue? Sure. But it uncommon for both.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I am stuck at work and reviewing my Europa League highlights, and with UEFA 16 so close...

I shall put you in the mood...

So.... Wow. This goal will make Best Goals Ever shows forever.

Just in case you didnt want to click, I will challenge any fan of the sport to not watch the replay at least 2 times.

Not enough? Ok, spoiler, he scores. Remember this: The shot is 20 meters from kick to goal line crossed and clocked at 68mph.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsIJ1gemMCk[/media]

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know what you are thinking now...

"BUT! Who is this Brazilian!? Who?! Isnt there an awesome HD youtube 6 minute highlight reel video that I can watch in full screen and is more... Brazilian then those goofy Europeans that could introduce me to this phenom?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsXy14qkbU

supraman

Liked Posts:
Fuck he's good. So when is one of the super teams going to buy him for like a trillion dollars? Jesus he's good.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
As I am stuck at work and reviewing my Europa League highlights, and with UEFA 16 so close...

I shall put you in the mood...

So.... Wow. This goal will make Best Goals Ever shows forever.

Just in case you didnt want to click, I will challenge any fan of the sport to not watch the replay at least 2 times.

Not enough? Ok, spoiler, he scores. Remember this: The shot is 20 meters from kick to goal line crossed and clocked at 68mph.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsIJ1gemMCk[/media]

Diiiiiiiisgusting!!! The spin and drop he put on the ball was grossssssss. The overhead view just makes that goal look beautiful. Wow!!

Damn wish he were Italian and not Brazilian though.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Celtic vs Juventus. GO CELTIC!!!!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

supraman

Liked Posts:
Watching now, Juventus nabbed a fast one but it has been all celtic since.

Also just rooting for the underdog. I play on Juventus in FIFA13, until Barclays comes a callin

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yah that close call by Collins made me freak out. Celtic play so agressive..Juventus sits back on leads. This is a good match up.

and listen to the Celtic crowd!!! Crazy.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yeah the way Celtic are attacking they are bound to get a goal it is relentless

supraman

Liked Posts:
Hey whatever happened to that almost perfectly round world cup ball I think Adidas ball?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Collins is running really well so far.

But Pirlos beard is the story of the match. Looks amazing!! Dont see enough beards in football.

Celtic have to be agressive on Pirlo he controls the midfield as good as anyone in the game.

supraman

Liked Posts:
And there you go your knowledge just blew my noobie knowledge out of the water. I was happy when I recognized the formations.

Vidal is a good mid, right? He seems to be a good player in the video games

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Vidal is an incredible midfielder yes.

This is such a typical Juventus style. Clog the 18 and wait for a mistake to counter. THe way Celtic is aggressive it might back fire on Juventus. Celtic are going to get a bounce and they are defending well from their own midfield also. Not allowing Juventus to get much of the possession.

GETTING CHIPPY NOW!!! Love it.

supraman

Liked Posts:
getting heated during those corners

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
yes and the officiating is getting poor. Juventus has had a lot of hand balls not called and there has been a few ankle sweeps out there. Officials need to get out of this half before tempers really start flaring. GOTTA LOVE THIS SCOTTISH CROWD THOUGH...sooo loud.