The inaccuracies of Mako Mitch

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe he was saying Trubisky looks like a bad QB. Not sure what's confusing you.

No, he implied he had specialized knowledge about QB mechanics and footwork. So let's see it. Burden of proof is on him.

I don't know why people pretend to have knowledge, then proceed to attack the credibility of someone questioning their knowledge, then completely flake out when pressed for information.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
No, he implied he had specialized knowledge about QB mechanics and footwork. So let's see it. Burden of proof is on him.

I don't know why people pretend to have knowledge, then proceed to attack the credibility of someone questioning their knowledge, then completely flake out when pressed for information.
Link?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already said what I think Trubisky is doing. If you disagree, let me know why and we can discuss it. Right now you're just petulantly demanding I dance for you because you're upset that other people are discussing football in a way you don't think they should be discussing it. Like I said, I'm not interested in fetching your rhetorical sticks. If you disagree with something I said, let me know.

You were the one who initially replied to me in this thread, right? Remember that next time.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is missing the timing on those deep passes and sometimes exhibiting bad footwork in the process. That isn't flinching.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

I'm not seeing where he implies to have specialized knowledge about anything. Just gave his opinions on Mitch's mechanics. But I do see your condescending post where you mockingly call people "experts" for simply giving their opinions.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The only inaccuracies there are is the fans god like expectations of the kid.

Last year he was the next great thing, 12 games, 2193 yards, 7 TD 7 int 60% completion rate. That was 182 yards per game.
This year, 3 games 592 yards 2 TD 3 interceptions 70% completion rate. 197 yards per game.

His completion rate is up 10%, on pace for 10 td 15 int and its all doom and gloom.

Think of the pressure on the kid, not only being the first QB taken, but a QB a team needlessly traded up to get and instead of supporting the kid, everyone wants to shit on him.

You got your franchise QB with Cutler and we did shit. Big deal, he set records for the franchise, beating out Eric Kramer who played 5 years here.

The superbowl was won by a guy that had a completion rate of 56.9%, throwing for 180 yards per game with 15 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

What is wrong with you people?

"God like" ? LOFL

No one is expecting anything more than him to at least look somewhat like what a #2 overall NFL pick should look like after having 15 full games played.

Your screen name is appropriate.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Literally nowhere in this post did he imply this. I'll tell you this for like the 80th time on here, this is why people call you a moron, because of stupid things said like this. Trying pulling your head out of your ass maybe?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So you're saying you can simply identify blatantly bad mechanics like every other average football fan and don't have any advanced knowledge on the subject?

LOL, what? you don't have to be a food critic to know when food tastes like shit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He is missing the timing on those deep passes and sometimes exhibiting bad footwork in the process. That isn't flinching.

There are a couple times where he does seem to flinch before setting himself to throw. He's been real panicky against the blitz and I can't understand why when he isn't really getting beat up.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You were the one who initially replied to me in this thread, right? Remember that next time.

Yes, I replied to your angry and insecure comment about how people shouldn't discuss QBs' mechanics. What about it?

Are you ever going to get to a point here?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yes, I replied to your angry and insecure comment about how people shouldn't discuss QBs' mechanics. What about it?

Are you ever going to get to a fucking point here?

giphy.gif

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
nice post of mitch's ups and downs...seems like its more to do with calming down and trusting himself...mitch was from what i remember at unc, a very accurate passer and i dont think they ran a ton of screens, i'd be suprised if his yards/attempt was under 8...I'd expect we will see a much bigger difference in trubisky after the bye week...

Hi everybody

Liked Posts:
It seems as though Mitch keeps overthrowing Gabriel and under throwing Robinson. At least there's some consistency there.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
nice post of mitch's ups and downs...seems like its more to do with calming down and trusting himself...mitch was from what i remember at unc, a very accurate passer and i dont think they ran a ton of screens, i'd be suprised if his yards/attempt was under 8...I'd expect we will see a much bigger difference in trubisky after the bye week...

He was at 8.3 in college. What I don't remember is him being so antsy against the blitz last year. Not sure why it's getting to him now.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He was at 8.3 in college. What I don't remember is him being so antsy against the blitz last year. Not sure why it's getting to him now.

yea i dont remember it being an issue last year...imo hes just overwhelmed with everything at this point all the while not trying to make mistakes so hes being tentative.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Week 3 was another rough one for Mitchell Trubisky. After week 1, I wasn’t worried at all. But now after 3 games of tape and seeing the same inconsistencies over and over again, I am starting to get a tad bit worried. Now look, expected him to have growing pains learning how to read defenses and learning a new offense, that stuff doesn’t bother me much yet at this point. But the one variable I never took into account was his current accuracy issues. Trubisky is/was a deadly accurate passer, so this issue has completely blindsided me. Hopefully it is just a scheme fit issue and nothing else. Let’s go to the tape:

The Arizona Cardinals gave Trubisky absolutely no respect in this game. They blitzed Trubisky on his first 3 pass attempts, 5 out of his first 6 pass attempts, and 8 of his first 11 pass attempts. There were only a handful of times in the entire first half where they did not send extra pressure at him. Basically, they defended him as if he were some developmental rookie in his first ever start.

Blitzing an extra man is risky, so it’s predominantly done in desperation, as a change of pace, or in a critical situation. Rarely do you see a team blitz for most of an entire game. The qb will eventually figure it out and torch the defense. But not only were the Cardinals blitzing on the regular, they were sending 6 defenders on several occasions. This is a recipe for disaster, and it shows how little worry they had that Trubisky could burn them. In most passing situations, Arizona lined up 6 defensers at the LOS, one deep safety and man to man across the board, daring Trubisky to beat them...

ueaSGyO.jpg

yoMwGPf.jpg

The trouble began on the 3rd pass play of the game. Arizona shows 7 defenders at the LOS. At the snap of the ball, 5 defenders go after Trubisky including both safeties off of both edges. The running back is open for a big gain, but Trubisky never sees him. Trubisky sees the safety blitz to his right, so he keeps his eyes there waiting for Kevin White to flash open. He has no idea the other safety is coming at him from the left, therefor he never looks in that direction.

dovjNRs.jpg

wJRuuoB.jpg

o9K4IG.gif

But the real issue for me is when Trubisky has a clean pocket and still misses throws such as this one behind Miller...

dq8IA2.gif

Beginning with the 3rd series, Nagy began trying to reel Trubisky back, including 8 man protections on 3rd down.

LCCIsTL.jpg

Here we have a 5 man blitz that’s picked up beautifully by the offensive line. This is where you have to burn a defense for blitzing one too many times. Taylor Gabriel is running full speed at a flat footed safety and Trubisky has a pocket you can drive a bus through.

LwEyQpX.jpg

5q5IluF.jpg

Watch closely right before the release of the ball. It looks as though Trubisky flinches even though he had no imminent pressure. Dude may be seeing ghosts in the pocket.

1-8Rz7.gif

I noticed something similar in week 2...

psSwwD.gif

If you’re gonna throw this, you gotta do it before the break. Trubisky seems a touch late at times...

W9LSsU.gif

Im not gonna crucify Trubisky for this because he had pressure to deal with, but he’s definitely capable of making this play...

hTPh8x.gif

You just gotta keep this ball in the field of play...

uaus7_.gif

This could have been a huge play right before the half. The safety comes in on a blitz leaving the RB with completely open space. Unfortunately, Trubisky could not get the ball past the defensive lineman.

bBrkbXF.jpg

QNEmCWA.jpg

WdSQ-J.gif

Trubisky throws this ball aboot 23 seconds too late...

dkRiNs.gif

Matt Nagy dials up the absolute perfect play here against a 6 man blitz. It’s basically a 3 on 2 on the left side of the field. You end up with Anthony Miller open in space with two blockers in front of him. The pressure doesnt get to Trubisky in time, as he delivers the ball in a still clear pocket. Awful throw...

4uzBVCy.jpg

rbKy0mi.jpg

0A1rHnE.png

HidP5b.gif

On this play, Trubisky manipulates the deep safety beautifully, getting him to bite on the in breaking route. This leaves Allen Robinson one on one, which is always a huge win for the Bears. At 6’3” with a 40 inch vertical, Robinson is one of the premier jump ball WR’s in the NFL. With a clean pocket to step into, Trubisky has to give Robinson a chance with this ball. Big missed opportunity...

9EM2aKA.jpg

pOC4pNJ.jpg

pOC4pNJ.jpg

Reason for optimism

If you are looking for a reason for optimism, look no further than this pass to Burton. Trubisky falls down backpedaling, gets swarmed by pressure to the right of him and straight in his face, is not able to step up into the throw fully, has to short arm it, yet delivers a strike 20+ yards downfield. This...is...special...

IXTJI2.gif

All in all, there is reason to be a bit concerned at the moment. Hopefully this bout of inaccuracy is just a scheme fit issue and not some unfixable psychological issue.

You actually drew circles on more than one play this week. I am pleasantly surprised.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
@halftime still waiting for that link to bearmick implying anything other than Mitch looks bad. Thanks.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Don't understand why we're all going crazy with this debate. Trubisky was drafted as a raw QB. He has fundamentals that he needed to learn, such as footwork. I seriously doubt that is all second nature to him just yet. No problem with that.

So now that he is having to learn and run a complex offense As well, he isn't able to concentrate on both his mechanics and the plays at the same time. Again, totally understandable. That's why we see it come together more on the scripted plays...less thinking involved and more just playing.

How fast he will learn all these things and put them together...IF he puts them all together...is anyone's guess.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Don't understand why we're all going crazy with this debate. Trubisky was drafted as a raw QB. He has fundamentals that he needed to learn, such as footwork. I seriously doubt that is all second nature to him just yet. No problem with that.

So now that he is having to learn and run a complex offense As well, he isn't able to concentrate on both his mechanics and the plays at the same time. Again, totally understandable. That's why we see it come together more on the scripted plays...less thinking involved and more just playing.

How fast he will learn all these things and put them together...IF he puts them all together...is anyone's guess.

He was drafted number 2 overall and looks like crap going into his 16th start. Anymore questions?