The inaccuracies of Mako Mitch

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No reply?
One example and then you will have to accept that you only get one.

dq8IA2.gif

Look at where Trubisky's legs are pointing. If you take a direct line from his back foot to his front foot, his legs are pointing right at the 33 yard line. Now look at where Miller is at. He is right at the 41 yard line.

Now throwing a football, like other sports, uses a natural motion when completing the motion. Two examples are a pitcher pitching a ball and golfer hitting a ball.

I want you to do a little experiment, hoping that you have, at some point in your life thrown a baseball, thrown a football and hit a golf ball. I want you to pretend that you are in the instant of throwing a pass, throwing a baseball and hitting a golf ball. I am not asking for you to complete the whole windup but rather just the final forward motion of all three. Feel what is happening to your feet specifically.

Yes, there are differences in each but they are all really close to being the same motion because that is a natural motion.

Where was your lead foot in each instance? Basically the same place. Just about shoulder width separation front the back leg and slightly to the left of the back leg (for a righty).

Now complete another experiment. Get in the football position again (lead foot shoulder length ahead of back leg and lead foot slightly to the left of the back leg). Now throw 10 imaginary passes to the receiver right in front of you but 10 yards away. Simple pitch and catch and it feels good.

Now, without moving your legs from the spot where you just threw 10 imaginary passes, throw a pass to the 2nd receiver who is the same 10 yards away but an extra 8 yards upfield. It is no longer as comfortable of a pass. Why? Because your natural body motion is pointing in one direction while your arm is not aligned with your natural body motion.

One final part.

With no change in foot placement, again throw a pass to the 2nd receiver but stop an instant before you release the ball. Your hand will be effectively pointing at the 2nd receiver while your legs are pointing way to the left.

Is this comfortable?

Without moving your pointing hand, move your feet to get to a position where the pointing hand and your feet are comfortable. Did you notice how you ended up in the natural body motion position?

As an added experiment, do some imaginary archery (Yes, I took archery way back when). You will notice that the same exact things happen. I can assure you that no self-respecting archer would have his lower body aligned in one plain while aiming his upper body in another plain.

By the way, these are not things that just some rare sports gurus teach to their pupils. These are things that regular people who have shown some aptitude in playing sports can relate to and sometimes see flaws of professionals because of the personal experience they have with sports in their lives.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I’m no expert, but I think it is jitters. He needs to calm down, and I feel that shudder/side step could improve.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But as I said in my first post in the thread, I don't think these kind of mistakes can be attributed to inexperience in the offense. These are fundamental issues.

But they were not issues he had last season, or they weren’t as bad, so I am not sure if he forgot how to do it over 7 months.

Yes, Mitch needs to get his feet straightened out. But part of, not all of, the problem is that he is rushing everything because he is trying to process a ton of new information and make new reads.

The brain tells the feet what to do. It will speed them up and loose focus on them when it is overwhelmed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"God like" ? LOFL

No one is expecting anything more than him to at least look somewhat like what a #2 overall NFL pick should look like after having 15 full games played.

Your screen name is appropriate.

I have to agree with Mongo here and he and I don’t agree on much when it comes to MItch.

I don’t get the white knighting, fan blaming, that goes on with Mitch.

Everyone say it with me, “MItch has not been good. He needs to be better, expectations are okay”

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I have to agree with Mongo here and he and I don’t agree on much when it comes to MItch.

I don’t get the white knighting, fan blaming, that goes on with Mitch.

Everyone say it with me, “MItch has not been good. He needs to be better, expectations are okay”

Thank you.

No one should be upset that ANY Bears fans is not happy with his production or lack of progress.

No Bears fan should be ready to throw in the towel on him yet.

What we all should do is discuss his performance on the field. Because that is what we have to work with. Which is exactly what Adi has done here.

Lastly, and something that I have said for years: We need to be a top tier balanced team on both sides of the ball with great players at key positions to win a SB.

Right now, I feel we have a dominating D. With thise key players at key positions. And it will get better.

I also feel we have have a shit ton of weapons and talent on the offensive side of the ball. The ONLY key position on offense that I am concerned about is the MOST important position in the game: QB

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One example and then you will have to accept that you only get one.

dq8IA2.gif

Look at where Trubisky's legs are pointing. If you take a direct line from his back foot to his front foot, his legs are pointing right at the 33 yard line. Now look at where Miller is at. He is right at the 41 yard line.

Now throwing a football, like other sports, uses a natural motion when completing the motion. Two examples are a pitcher pitching a ball and golfer hitting a ball.

I want you to do a little experiment, hoping that you have, at some point in your life thrown a baseball, thrown a football and hit a golf ball. I want you to pretend that you are in the instant of throwing a pass, throwing a baseball and hitting a golf ball. I am not asking for you to complete the whole windup but rather just the final forward motion of all three. Feel what is happening to your feet specifically.

Yes, there are differences in each but they are all really close to being the same motion because that is a natural motion.

Where was your lead foot in each instance? Basically the same place. Just about shoulder width separation front the back leg and slightly to the left of the back leg (for a righty).

Now complete another experiment. Get in the football position again (lead foot shoulder length ahead of back leg and lead foot slightly to the left of the back leg). Now throw 10 imaginary passes to the receiver right in front of you but 10 yards away. Simple pitch and catch and it feels good.

Now, without moving your legs from the spot where you just threw 10 imaginary passes, throw a pass to the 2nd receiver who is the same 10 yards away but an extra 8 yards upfield. It is no longer as comfortable of a pass. Why? Because your natural body motion is pointing in one direction while your arm is not aligned with your natural body motion.

One final part.

With no change in foot placement, again throw a pass to the 2nd receiver but stop an instant before you release the ball. Your hand will be effectively pointing at the 2nd receiver while your legs are pointing way to the left.

Is this comfortable?

Without moving your pointing hand, move your feet to get to a position where the pointing hand and your feet are comfortable. Did you notice how you ended up in the natural body motion position?

As an added experiment, do some imaginary archery (Yes, I took archery way back when). You will notice that the same exact things happen. I can assure you that no self-respecting archer would have his lower body aligned in one plain while aiming his upper body in another plain.

By the way, these are not things that just some rare sports gurus teach to their pupils. These are things that regular people who have shown some aptitude in playing sports can relate to and sometimes see flaws of professionals because of the personal experience they have with sports in their lives.

Thanks for posting that. It shows you have some knowledge in the area. I trust and respect your posting more than others. Shows you have a lot of confidence in your knowledge. Sorry if I was a bit of a twat earlier.

At least you didn't cheese up like that flakey bearmick.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Thanks for posting that. It shows you have some knowledge in the area. I trust and respect your posting more than others. Shows you have a lot of confidence in your knowledge. Sorry if I was a bit of a twat earlier.

At least you didn't cheese up like that flakey bearmick.
No worries.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you.

No one should be upset that ANY Bears fans is not happy with his production or lack of progress.

No Bears fan should be ready to throw in the towel on him yet.

What we all should do is discuss his performance on the field. Because that is what we have to work with. Which is exactly what Adi has done here.

Lastly, and something that I have said for years: We need to be a top tier balanced team on both sides of the ball with great players at key positions to win a SB.

Right now, I feel we have a dominating D. With thise key players at key positions. And it will get better.

I also feel we have have a shit ton of weapons and talent on the offensive side of the ball. The ONLY key position on offense that I am concerned about is the MOST important position in the game: QB

Bingo...

seabear

Liked Posts:
I'm no QB guru... not even an Internet variety expert.

But he looks uncomfortable out there and when I listen to Mitch he sounds like a good kid who cares. That should be good right? Nope... psycologically, I think you want an arrogant prick who doesn't give a shit what people think. You want someone who innately has resilience and belief in themselves.

I sense in Mitch that he needs reassurance from outside. All great QBs have their own internal voice that they hear louder than the outside ones. I hear over and over with Mitch that he is his own worst critic. That is a terribly worrying statement to me.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

But he looks uncomfortable out there and when I listen to Mitch he sounds like a good kid who cares. That should be good right? Nope... psycologically, I think you want an arrogant prick who doesn't give a shit what people think. You want someone who innately has resilience and belief in themselves.

I sense in Mitch that he needs reassurance from outside. All great QBs have their own internal voice that they hear louder than the outside ones. I hear over and over with Mitch that he is his own worst critic. That is a terribly worrying statement to me.

What? Cutler, Jeff George, Johnny Manziel, Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, etc. were all arrogant pricks. It makes no difference as to their ability to play football. One thing I heard about Mitch is that he is very studious. That's a good thing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch looks overwhelmed and uncomfortable. He is missing throws that he made last year.

To me that looks like the new system is in his head and it is trickling down to his footwork and mechanics.

If you see Gabriel late, and your feet aren’t set, and you have to over throw the throw, of course it is going to be off. It is a chain reaction.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Mitch looks overwhelmed and uncomfortable. He is missing throws that he made last year.

To me that looks like the new system is in his head and it is trickling down to his footwork and mechanics.

If you see Gabriel late, and your feet aren’t set, and you have to over throw the throw, of course it is going to be off. It is a chain reaction.

So maybe the less-is-more approach is exactly what he needs.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last play you show...the attempted bomb to Robinson....I was at the game, I literally lost my mind that he doesnt hit Sims underneath. No one was within 20 yards around him.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
The last play you show...the attempted bomb to Robinson....I was at the game, I literally lost my mind that he doesnt hit Sims underneath. No one was within 20 yards around him.

We really shouldn't be too hard on him though. After all, he's overcome so much to be an NFL qb, what with his extra chromosome and all.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Usually you can play music before you're paid to be in an orchestra. get it?

Sadly, the orchestra idea doesn't work in the NFL.

It is more like you get paid lots of money to be in the orchestra if you are in a garage band. The better your garage band is and the better you do in the garage band the better your prospects are in the orchestra. Many times it means that you are given the 1st chair in the main instrument of the orchestra.

When you get to the orchestra is when you learn how to play Beethoven, Bach and Mozart while at the same time learning how to do basic things like reading music and playing your instrument correctly.

If you were paid lots of money to be the 1st chair, you are thrown out there immediately because the orchestra paid you a lot of money to be 1st chair.

The audience is upset that the orchestra sounds like crap because many of them donated lots of money to that orchestra and expected instant results from you their highly paid new 1st chair.

Last year, when you were first hired, the conductor chose the most boring simplistic music imaginable to try to keep you protected yet never tried to teach you any technique.

This year, the new conductor has decided to choose some of the most beautiful yet technically complex music imaginable. You are naturally struggling because you are dealing with the music while at the same time dealing with the technique.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I would have been losing my mind too ... if it were Burton. I would have been ok with him bypassing Sims because it would probably have been a dropped pass by Sims.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think the Bears had a QB who was “an arrogant prick who doesn't give a shit what people think“ and it didn’t work (i.e. Cutler). It just comes down to being able to play the QB position well & win games. The QB’s demeanor means nothing if they stink on the field.