The official around the MLB thread!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Max Scherzer's last two starts:
18 IP
0 R
1 H
26 K's

Retired 54 of 57 batters faced (even with the guy moving his elbow in front of the pitch.)

Wow.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Max Scherzer's last two starts:
18 IP
0 R
1 H
26 K's

Retired 54 of 57 batters faced (even with the guy moving his elbow in front of the pitch.)

Wow.

He's a stud. There are a handful of guys in that elite area, and most will demand close to 30 million per year.

If you want to have those types, you will have to pay monetarily, or with prospect inventory. Either way, it will cost a fortune.

edit: Unless of course you develop your own.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My kids go to the HS from which Max graduated. Proud of the alum.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, the Padres can go eff themselves. They can go eff themselves hard!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stanton broke his hand swinging the bat. No further details but x rays confirmed the break. No timetable said yet. Man, this guy is a freak but he can't stay healthy. He just seems to that player that is going to have bad luck and brittle bones.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stanton broke his hand swinging the bat. No further details but x rays confirmed the break. No timetable said yet. Man, this guy is a freak but he can't stay healthy. He just seems to that player that is going to have bad luck and brittle bones.

Matters little. He is stuck on a shit org. Team turns no cash due to no one goes to baseball in Fla. State is a college sports state. Baseball has never held unless we are talking S/T.

He is the Sammy Sosa of this decade. Big numbers for shit teams.

DaRev

Liked Posts:
The top of the 8th in the Cubs game has lasted about 30 minutes and we have gone through 3 pitchers. The MLB needs to put a limit on this

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Feliz. Kids still got potential.

Sent from full court using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, how lucky are the Tigers picking up JD Martinez a couple years ago on a minor league contract. He is a stud at the plate.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We have 8 guys in the lineup at .262 or lower.

Excluding the pitcher, we have three under .240.

Brutal.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
We have 8 guys in the lineup at .262 or lower.

Excluding the pitcher, we have three under .240.

Brutal.

And yet, the Cubs are 8 games over .500.

Imagine what another bat and Schwarber might do? Russell and Bryant taking their lumps is big this year while they are still in a playoff hunt. Schwarber and maybe Baez couldn't hurt.

A legit lead-off man maybe like Span might be a welcome sight.

IMO opinion, the major upgrades average and numbers wise, need be at CF, LF, and Catcher. I think Soler will figure most of it out and be a steady ballplayer.

The Cubs more than likely can fill a couple of those aforementioned spots in-house, and maybe they can shuffle a few guys around to make it happen.

A pick-up or two is going to be essential via trade, or the free agent route.

I would much rather have the Denorphia's, Coghlan's, and LaStella's coming off of the bench. You know the Cubs will be really good when that happens.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And yet, the Cubs are 8 games over .500.

Imagine what another bat and Schwarber might do? Russell and Bryant taking their lumps is big this year while they are still in a playoff hunt. Schwarber and maybe Baez couldn't hurt.

A legit lead-off man maybe like Span might be a welcome sight.

IMO opinion, the major upgrades average and numbers wise, need be at CF, LF, and Catcher. I think Soler will figure most of it out and be a steady ballplayer.

The Cubs more than likely can fill a couple of those aforementioned spots in-house, and maybe they can shuffle a few guys around to make it happen.

A pick-up or two is going to be essential via trade, or the free agent route.

I would much rather have the Denorphia's, Coghlan's, and LaStella's coming off of the bench. You know the Cubs will be really good when that happens.

I expect them to inch farther over .500 as the season progresses. As it is, with the bad offense, Lester's slow start, a couple prospects going down and not yet coming back, they are in good shape.

I know some of these guys are better than they have shown. I can't believe Castro is really a .260 hitter. He won't hit .300, but he should - should - have a better second half.

I realize Russell is a rookie, and is young, but I certainly expect better than .230. Much better. Maybe not so soon, but I would hope the second half will be much better than his first half.

Soler simply needs to be much better. He has so much potential. He always was the prospect with the most plate discipline. I was very disappointed to see so many K's from him. Not sure what to expect from him numbers wise, but I will hold out hope for more production.

I am confident when Coghlan come sot the plate. He won't hit for power, but he can avoid the bad at bats we are seeing from so many others. He needs to be at the top of the order.

Rizzo and Bryant have both cooled off, but won't stay cool for long. Bryant needs to swing for more power. How ironic: Every other young guy swings for the fences every at bat regardless of the situation. Bryant probably doesn't go for the HR often enough. But I have no complaints! He is a terrific hitter. And smart ball player. Something we need more of.

I don't want to see huge deals trading away prospects at this point, but I do look forward to some deal adding some help. A lead off guy / CF would be nice. But they aren't falling off trees.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously...............

They will start hitting sometime.....won't they?

I mean I think they reached the bottom of the barrel.....first getting a lot of hits but nothing with RISP. Now they're not getting any hits all. You'd think it would start going in the other direction at some point.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously...............

They will start hitting sometime.....won't they?

I mean I think they reached the bottom of the barrel.....first getting a lot of hits but nothing with RISP. Now they're not getting any hits all. You'd think it would start going in the other direction at some point.
75% of the line-up is hitting in the 250's or lower! We hope that changes for the better. If it wasnt for the great pitching we would be under .500 sitting probably in last place or at least close to it.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
75% of the line-up is hitting in the 250's or lower! We hope that changes for the better. If it wasnt for the great pitching we would be under .500 sitting probably in last place or at least close to it.

To know that the whole team isn't hitting and still they are 8 games over .500 keeps me encouraged.

Eventually, all things work themselves out. Rizzo, Bryant, and Soler need to just get back to where they can be, and the rest of the guys will start to follow suit.

Got to get to the All-Star break with a full head of steam in the next 7 games. Can't go less than 4 and 3 heading into the break IMO.

They will be facing Wacha, Garcia, Lackey, Rodon, Sale, and Quintana for sure, and maybe Martinez of the Cardinals also.

Tall order I know, but now is the time for the bats to start to come alive.

Pitch well and anything can happen.

DaRev

Liked Posts:
To know that the whole team isn't hitting and still they are 8 games over .500 keeps me encouraged.

Eventually, all things work themselves out. Rizzo, Bryant, and Soler need to just get back to where they can be, and the rest of the guys will start to follow suit.

As Cubs fans, we are all kind of new to having a team that is young and developing and because of that I cannot claim to be an expert on how these teams function. However, it only seems logical that there are going to be long stretches of good an long stretches of bad with a young team. This team is really really talented, but a lot of the game of baseball has to do with mental toughness. These guys have not had the experience in the past of going through rough periods. They aren't accustomed to the ups and downs that the game comes with. I think if you get Rizzo and Bryant on a roll and get Castro back hitting consistently, the other young players like Soler will put less pressure on themselves and be able to succeed.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
There is more and more talk of Yasiel Puig losing popularity with his Dodgers teammates, a major league source tells Cafardo. Puig was once viewed an untouchable player because of his talent, but the new regime does not feel that way at this time. Cafardo wonders aloud if they would move the slugger for a pitcher and pondered him as a match in a Cole Hamels deal with the Phillies.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is more and more talk of Yasiel Puig losing popularity with his Dodgers teammates, a major league source tells Cafardo. Puig was once viewed an untouchable player because of his talent, but the new regime does not feel that way at this time. Cafardo wonders aloud if they would move the slugger for a pitcher and pondered him as a match in a Cole Hamels deal with the Phillies.

Have you watched Puig this year? He is not the same player. He looks like he gives no fucks out there. His body language is totally different. Heard a story about Zack Grienke throwing his luggage off the bus because he is evidently a selfish prick. It seems the life has gotten to him already.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you watched Puig this year? He is not the same player. He looks like he gives no fucks out there. His body language is totally different. Heard a story about Zack Grienke throwing his luggage off the bus because he is evidently a selfish prick. It seems the life has gotten to him already.

:pacman: