• Total voters

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok......we'll see

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm excited that he is not Emery. Take that how you will.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sounded like a leader just by the tone of his voice.
As of now, yay.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
I jumped on the bandwagon yesterday. After the press conference, still on it.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I like what he said, and the fact that he is young and was part of a rebuild in NO..He is total opposite of Emery..I say Yay..can't wait to see who the HC will be and how the draft pans out..0oh and he said he will look at every single position to see how we can improve..sounds like he isn't shackled and being forced to compromise with the decisions regarding the roster..

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I vote yay. I also added a poll with the votes being public for you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all know 2-3 years from everyone on the board will either be claiming they always knew he was going to be great and were lifelongs from day 1... or that he was a bum from the start and they all tried to warn us but were ignored and shouted down.

No shit. Couple of posters had my prediction of no playoffs as long as Emery is here in their sig. People remember what you say. I'm down as a yay. Having learned more about Pace and heard him briefly discuss his philosophy, I'm very optimistic.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Well...He hasn't screwed up anything yet. So thats a plus.

Its hard to pass any judgement based on the fact that we really do not know much about him other than his endorsements from the Saints who by all means aren't very talented outside of Drew Brees. Yet, there is a bit of an unknown and excitement factor because Pace is young and has continued to get promoted in the roles he has been given. I'm not sure what to think.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Probably win a Super Bowl in three years. Next year we'll be much tougher but will still finish 7-9. But the following year we'll go 12-4 and win the NFC North.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

- Seems to have an open mind and will be relying on people who have had success previously (Ernie)
- Good energy and tells you what he can
- Transparent on what he's accountable for

Dislike

- Experience is all with one team (NO), who have a poor track record at drafting
- Young and despite seeing how the Saints were run he has limited experience with decisions at this level

I'm still a bit of a Nay. From a personality point he's really likable and resonates well. At the end of the day he's in the business of results. I don't know how involved he was with the Saints, but if that's the experience he's largely leaning on they have drafted poorly and are in cap hell. Without the Saints history there's really nothing to evaluate the hire on, so I'm only going by what I have.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I voted Nay- not because I don't like the guy or think he might succeed- just that mathematically- it's always correct to bet against moves the Bears make. Always bet on the house (the field) vs the Bears. I hope he's great and that we aren't welcoming a new GM in three years, though.