Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch Patriot games and the playcalling/scheme they are running. McDaniels has a huge hand in it, calls the plays and they routinely maximise the talents he has. It’s not like Brady is audibling out of every other play like some are suggesting.

I think he’s in the elite band of offensive play callers in the league along with McVeah, maybe Haley and a few others.

Look at the BB coaching tree. All his Coordinators look great in NE and all fail away from NE. Saying that McD looks good in NE has him being no different than every other Coordinator that moved up from there in the past, including himself. I don't want to make too strong a point of guilt by association but he's shown to be below par as a HC in the past and there really isn't a reason to think it will be drastically different this time around. I'm not saying it's impossible but if I were Pace, this would be a big hurdle for him to overcome in interviews.

Another concern I have is Pace's personality to do this properly. He's likely fine for most interviews but in the case of McD, I'd really push his buttons and try to piss him off and see what came of it. I don't know if Pace has it in him. Not saying he doesn't but we've never heard of him dropping the hammer on anyone.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Shurmur is the smart and safe bet...NO NO NO to mcdaniels. The guy is a perpetual asshole!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Orton had better yards per attempt, yards per game, TD%, INT% and rating AFTER Marshall was traded to Miami. The only time Ortons stats dropped was after McDanials left..

Listen if you dont like McDanials then thats fine.. he was an ass hat in Denver and that is a legit concern.. But to try to make the argument that McDanials is a bad OC is just stupid
As for Marshall, I have 2 words for you. Brandon Lloyd who decided to play his ass off for a year.

How'd he do as OC with the Rams? He is a good OC but he's not a god. We are also talking about him as HC. How did the team do beyond Orton who's 87 rating was repeated elsewhere. In fact Orton's rating was only 7 points higher than it was here the year before and in Denver he had a great OL and catchers. There was nothing magical about it.

Reactions: Myk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
As for Marshall, I have 2 words for you. Brandon Lloyd who decided to play his ass off for a year.

How'd he do as OC with the Rams? He is a good OC but he's not a god. We are also talking about him as HC. How did the team do beyond Orton who's 87 rating was repeated elsewhere. In fact Orton's rating was only 7 points higher than it was here the year before and in Denver he had a great OL and catchers. There was nothing magical about it.

when your starting QB is playing injured most of the year you dont think that has an effect on the offensive performance?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
when your starting QB is playing injured most of the year you dont think that has an effect on the offensive performance?

design offensive plays around the limitations. Call more running plays. Design plays that let Bradford sit in the pocket and pick defenses apart. If he played most of the year, it shows it wasn't bad enough

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Sure it does but it was the worst O in the league and his starter played most of the season. We're not talking a down year. We're talking abysmal. How is Shurmur doing with his 3rd stringer?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t let “want” be the enemy of “need”. I don’t want McDaniels, but I’ll probably get behind the pick after it’s made as long as it’s an offensive guy.

All of the offensive guys being interviewed are generally regarded as being among the top offensive minds in the NFL. While some will have more head coaching success than others, any one of them would likely do wonders for young Trubisky and this anemic offense. If it’s not an offensive guy, I’ll probably throw a fit.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I wish Rexcuses worked but it doesn't. I guess you must be Joshin'. It's everyone else's fault. McD did all the right things but nobody listened (ignore that getting people to buy what you're selling is a major part of HC).

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I wish Rexcuses worked but it doesn't. I guess you must be Joshin'. It's everyone else's fault. McD did all the right things but nobody listened (ignore that getting people to buy what you're selling is a major part of HC).
Yep you must be right.. he is a terrible OC.. you should call the pats and tell BB that he is a moron for falling for the rexcuses and hiring back such a terrible OC..

My God the stupidity of some posters here is amazing..

The best part is there is a logical excuse for not wanting McDaniels.. all the issues in Denver are very legit concerns... But half the posters have to go full Special person and try to make the claim that he is a bad OC because of his injured QB lol

As Robert Downey JR said in Tropic Thunder.. you never go full Special person..

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yep you must be right.. he is a terrible OC.. you should call the pats and tell BB that he is a moron for falling for the rexcuses and hiring back such a terrible OC..

My God the stupidity of some posters here is amazing..

The best part is there is a logical excuse for not wanting McDaniels.. all the issues in Denver are very legit concerns... But half the posters have to go full Special person and try to make the claim that he is a bad OC because of his injured QB lol

As Robert Downey JR said in Tropic Thunder.. you never go full Special person..

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

We can't hire him away as an OC. If someone hires him as an HC and he just fails because the team is bad or his assistants are bad then I'd be willing to give him a chance as HC. But when his last HC gig involved absolutely gutting a team that was on the rise that they still haven't recovered from, I don't think so.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
We can't hire him away as an OC. If someone hires him as an HC and he just fails because the team is bad or his assistants are bad then I'd be willing to give him a chance as HC. But when his last HC gig involved absolutely gutting a team that was on the rise that they still haven't recovered from, I don't think so.

I know that we cant hire him away as a OC.. But others have tried to make the claim that he is a bad OC so there is no upside to the risk factor with making him a HC.. which is the Special person part.. all of your concerns here are logical, saying he is a bad OC is not..

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A head coach’s primary job is to get players to buy in. It’s not X’s and O’s. That’s the coordinator’s job. Bill is the reason why the Pats’ roster buys in, not McDiddle.

No good coordinators will want to work for Josh, and no one enjoys playing for him. He’s an insufferable little shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at the BB coaching tree. All his Coordinators look great in NE and all fail away from NE. Saying that McD looks good in NE has him being no different than every other Coordinator that moved up from there in the past, including himself. I don't want to make too strong a point of guilt by association but he's shown to be below par as a HC in the past and there really isn't a reason to think it will be drastically different this time around. I'm not saying it's impossible but if I were Pace, this would be a big hurdle for him to overcome in interviews.

Another concern I have is Pace's personality to do this properly. He's likely fine for most interviews but in the case of McD, I'd really push his buttons and try to piss him off and see what came of it. I don't know if Pace has it in him. Not saying he doesn't but we've never heard of him dropping the hammer on anyone.

And McDaniels looked like shit away from Bill.

Both Bills-Belichick and his mentor, Parcells were geniuses AND leaders of men.

Josh is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know that we cant hire him away as a OC.. But others have tried to make the claim that he is a bad OC so there is no upside to the risk factor with making him a HC.. which is the Special person part.. all of your concerns here are logical, saying he is a bad OC is not..
Just arguing against your glowing take on McDaniels at NE. Never said he was a crappy OC though his results away from NE have been. Don't spin this defensive. He had a really bad year with the Rams. There were reasons but it was worse than that. There's no debating it so instead you're putting words in other's mouths like I made the statement to be refuted when I did not. His track record away from the Pats has been bad or he would have been a HC for more than 1.75 years and done better with the Rams. Dude got fired twice in 3 years.

Look, if McD ends up here, he gets the benefit of doubt until I see otherwise but he's not what I want.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
There's a fair chance a team is desperate enough to hire McDaniel's as Head Coach...

But I think, if Josh wants to be a HC, the owners need to see how McDaniel's handles himself as an OC on another team. If he can demonstrate he can be an effective leader outside of NE, then they'd surely consider him for HC after that.

I'd hire him as OC of the Bears, but not HC, at least not fresh out of NE.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually think there are GMs that may want him. I don't.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is not in a rush. He will do his due diligence. I honestly feel it will be Nagy or Flip, for better or worse. McD won't be coming here. Pace, again I feel, would mesh better with those two. I know many on here don't like Pace, but I'm willing to let him find "his" guy. And as a Bears fan, only hope for the best