CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Howard will be used like Blount was in NE

Cohen would then be in the Lewis role

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Howard will be used like Blount was in NE

Cohen would then be in the Lewis role

In his last year with the Pats, Blount had 1,161 rushing yards, 38 receiving yards (lol) and 18 rushing TDs.

18 rushing TDs and they let him walk in FA...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think Orton learned much after the Bears, he was just used better with better teammates around him. Some of that could go to McD but it's not really anything that doesn't go on most other teams. I recall many posting plays where he was still 100% Orton.
It's part of why I laugh at the fans who are afraid of the high first round picks on offense outside of oline because they might bust. We've been ignoring QBs and WRs for decades and complain yet want to continue the abusive cycle and wonder why it won't work.
Who was our #1 WR for 2017? You have your choice between literally a broken 1st round pick or a UDFA. I wouldn't be so sure that changes because of a HC. If it changes it's more to do with Pace.

People who are assholes in their 30s usually don't change. They're assholes for life. So no thanks on McD.

With regards to Toub, I don't know much about him except he was a great ST coach. What is the historical performance of ST coaches who are promoted to HC?

Assholes in their 30's tend to become bigger assholes as they age and feel the pressure of time coming to a close and fear they can't fit all their assholiness in.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Not buying McDaniels at all.

He has been successful again in NE, but you have to realize that BB and the existing Patriots culture of success negate McDs biggest flaws: motivating teams and gaining+Keeping the support of your locker room. I'm sure wherever McD goes he will bring good tactical and strategic football knowledge. But is he going to be able to get players to buy-in and execute at 110%? Because right now in NE he doesn't do that, BB, Tom Brady, and the culture of winning and "next man up" they have going on in that locker room over the past 15 years is motivating those players. All McD has to do is draw up and call the fucking plays. I have trouble believing that turned his biggest flaw in DEN (working with and motivating people) into a serviceable skill, despite spending most of his time since then in a position that allows him to avoid using that skillset all together. For that reason, I'm out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People can certainly learn from their mistakes, but hard to change your nature.

This. He may be the smartest coach on earth but his immaturity would be fail if not corrected. Not a risk I want to take.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Belicheck isn’t some great players coach that people love playing for. What they love (heard this many times from ex-players) is they know if they listen to him, they will be prepared to play like no other. That’s what McDaniels needs to convince them not he’s really a great guy but he can make them winners.
Most successful coaches are arrogant a**sholes, they don’t need to be goody two shoes, they need to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;2pPCEXq4mgk]https://youtu.be/2pPCEXq4mgk[/video]

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;2pPCEXq4mgk]https://youtu.be/2pPCEXq4mgk[/video]

Surely that little bit of swearing and use of 'bad words' isn't what is scaring people away from McDaniels, right? I mean i'm certainly concerned about how he treats players on a day to day basis and how he treats the rest of the coaching staff and people at Halas Hall.... But saying "fuck" or "god dammit" or cussing at a player for fucking up a play? Get a grip this is a big boys game.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surely that little bit of swearing and use of 'bad words' isn't what is scaring people away from McDaniels, right? I mean i'm certainly concerned about how he treats players on a day to day basis and how he treats the rest of the coaching staff and people at Halas Hall.... But saying "fuck" or "god dammit" or cussing at a player for fucking up a play? Get a grip this is a big boys game.

Relax buddy, I thought it was funny.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
no Tom Brady has nothing to do with the Lions lack of needing a HC that can develop a young QB. Which is what my post was about.

But to address your other points

Actually the one good thing in Denver was what he did with Orton

If we compare Ortons best year with the Bears to his 2 years under McDainials he had a increase in every statistical category

YPG 198 up to 259

TD per game 1.2 up to 1.41

int per game .8 down to .72

Comp% 58.5 up to 60.4

yards per attempt 6.4 up to 7.1

rate 79.6 up to 87.1

and lets not forget they won 11 games with matt cassel and went 3 and 1 with garoppolo and Brissett when Brady wasnt there

The Broncos has a top three offensive line in the league and Marshall at receiver. The Bears had a bad line and Rashied Davis. Cutler’s drop off entering Chicago was roughly equal to Ortin’s Improvement. Coaching had nothing to do with it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's a real player's crotch.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
I can understand people not wanting McDaniels because of the results in Denver. What I don’t understand is people acting like the guy isn’t all that good as a OC. He’s pretty much considered to be one of the best, if not the best.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Not buying McDaniels at all.

He has been successful again in NE, but you have to realize that BB and the existing Patriots culture of success negate McDs biggest flaws: motivating teams and gaining+Keeping the support of your locker room. I'm sure wherever McD goes he will bring good tactical and strategic football knowledge. But is he going to be able to get players to buy-in and execute at 110%? Because right now in NE he doesn't do that, BB, Tom Brady, and the culture of winning and "next man up" they have going on in that locker room over the past 15 years is motivating those players. All McD has to do is draw up and call the fucking plays. I have trouble believing that turned his biggest flaw in DEN (working with and motivating people) into a serviceable skill, despite spending most of his time since then in a position that allows him to avoid using that skillset all together. For that reason, I'm out.

This is a good point. If you go for McDaniels you just have to hope the playcalling excellence outweighs the personality flaws.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can understand people not wanting McDaniels because of the results in Denver. What I don’t understand is people acting like the guy isn’t all that good as a OC. He’s pretty much considered to be one of the best, if not the best.

what makes him the best though? because he worked in NE? He hasn't done anything outside of NE. He could be the best at OC. I'm just saying that he has not done it outside of NE. Also, NE has not missed him when he wasn't there

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize McDaniels was caught cheating (videotaping) his opponent in London while with the Broncos.

Oh hell yea he was - and fined by the NFL along with Pat Bowlen. It was so embarrassing to Bowlen that he fired him before the end of the season-

This was after the Patriots were caught - LOL so its not like the NFL wasn't watching all these NE guys...

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
what makes him the best though? because he worked in NE? He hasn't done anything outside of NE. He could be the best at OC. I'm just saying that he has not done it outside of NE. Also, NE has not missed him when he wasn't there

Watch Patriot games and the playcalling/scheme they are running. McDaniels has a huge hand in it, calls the plays and they routinely maximise the talents he has. It’s not like Brady is audibling out of every other play like some are suggesting.

I think he’s in the elite band of offensive play callers in the league along with McVeah, maybe Haley and a few others.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The Broncos has a top three offensive line in the league and Marshall at receiver. The Bears had a bad line and Rashied Davis. Cutler’s drop off entering Chicago was roughly equal to Ortin’s Improvement. Coaching had nothing to do with it.

Orton had better yards per attempt, yards per game, TD%, INT% and rating AFTER Marshall was traded to Miami. The only time Ortons stats dropped was after McDanials left..

Listen if you dont like McDanials then thats fine.. he was an ass hat in Denver and that is a legit concern.. But to try to make the argument that McDanials is a bad OC is just stupid