The Senior Bowl Thread

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty Bummed Anthony Miller declined. I really wanted to see him work this week.

Apparently he has a foot injury that he is trying to get right for the combine.

Tre'quan Smith [UCF] is a WR that I am also interested in seeing. 6'1" 205lbs and can run.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Tyrell Corsby with some great size and arm length. Helfrich coached him in college.

He would be a very interesting possible pick at 39. Could compete with Massie and backup Leno.

Bears need a starter with pick 39.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Apparently he has a foot injury that he is trying to get right for the combine.

Tre'quan Smith [UCF] is a WR that I am also interested in seeing. 6'1" 205lbs and can run.

Thanks. Last I seen the reason was listed as undisclosed. Smith is intriguing for sure. I have questions about his hands.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Same here. I still haven't seen the reason why? If there isn't a legit reason it is a red flag for me. Dude played at Memphis with no other scholarship offer. He should have a huge chip on shoulder.

I believe he is nursing a foot injury, Ill have to find the article where i saw.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am paying close attention to the WR group as I think there are a ton of 3rd and 4th round guys who could contribute to the Bears rebuild of the WR core.

Daesean Hamilton [Penn St], Tre'Quan Smith [UCF] are 2 that I am very interested to see.

I can imagine a world where we throw both 4th round picks at WR and see if we can get 80 targets-50-60 catches out of 2 midround rookies, instead of drafting 1 higher WR and hoping he can handle that load on his own.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tyrell Corsby with some great size and arm length. Helfrich coached him in college.

He would be a very interesting possible pick at 39. Could compete with Massie and backup Leno.

Yeah this dude has some impressive statistics from this year. No sacks or quarterback hits in 296 attempts against him. Would be a good get at 39

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Did he really run a 4.4, that will move him up the boards for sure. Washington was a very productive wr for OSU.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's look athletic.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If he's there and Pace doesn't think he falls to the 2nd round I hope he takes him.

no way he falls to the second round. He may be gone before the Bears pick. He just keeps rising.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Deasean Hamilton was killing dudes in 1 on 1s.

I really like him in the 3rd-4th.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tyrell Crosby won all 4 1on 1s.

3 at LT, 1 at RT,

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Tyrell Crosby won all 4 1on 1s.

3 at LT, 1 at RT,

Yeah, I like him a lot in round 2. Makes too much sense. But if he keeps this up, he might sneak into the late first.

Tre'Quan Smith with 34 4/8" arms btw, my goodness.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I am paying close attention to the WR group as I think there are a ton of 3rd and 4th round guys who could contribute to the Bears rebuild of the WR core.

Daesean Hamilton [Penn St], Tre'Quan Smith [UCF] are 2 that I am very interested to see.

I can imagine a world where we throw both 4th round picks at WR and see if we can get 80 targets-50-60 catches out of 2 midround rookies, instead of drafting 1 higher WR and hoping he can handle that load on his own.

Worth noting, Smith played for Scott Frost at UCF. Frost was the OC at Oregon under Mark Helfrich. And he has near 35" arms, meaning his catch radius is insane.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Hamilton will feast on catches over the middle. He is a prototype slot receiver in my opinion. Doesn't have blazing speed but creates separation and runs good routes.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I feel like Davenport is kind of the flavor of the month right now. Everybody seems to be on him in the top 10 right now. Jeremiah had him going 7th to the Bucs. Mayock called him Demarcus Ware. But these things have a tendency to play themselves out the way they should in the long run. Davenport isn't going to be quite the athlete that Ware was. Ware ran a 4.56 in the 40. If Davenport runs that time, that'd be faster than any DL outside of Clowney in the last 5 years. Ware's 38.5 high jump would be top 5 in the last 5 years. His 10'7" broad jump would be top 10. Short shuttle and 3 cone would be 2nd and 3rd respectively in the last 5 years. Davenport is a great athlete, but not generational like Ware was, and he went 11th.

And Davenport is pretty raw, he's probably not going to dominate the Senior Bowl, even though he's likely the top prospect there. He's going to look bad in some drills at the combine. He doesn't have a ton of tape against top competition.

I know I'm one of the original people who said I'd take Davenport at 8, but I seriously doubt that happens. I think his value starts about 18-25, with reach territory in the 12-15 range. The Bucs aren't going to take him at 7. The Bears aren't going to at 8. But with a trade down to the teens, I think he becomes a realistic option. I'm pretty certain he won't make it to the 2nd day of the draft, so it may require a reach to get him....just don't bet on it at 8.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like Davenport is kind of the flavor of the month right now. Everybody seems to be on him in the top 10 right now. Jeremiah had him going 7th to the Bucs. Mayock called him Demarcus Ware. But these things have a tendency to play themselves out the way they should in the long run. Davenport isn't going to be quite the athlete that Ware was. Ware ran a 4.56 in the 40. If Davenport runs that time, that'd be faster than any DL outside of Clowney in the last 5 years. Ware's 38.5 high jump would be top 5 in the last 5 years. His 10'7" broad jump would be top 10. Short shuttle and 3 cone would be 2nd and 3rd respectively in the last 5 years. Davenport is a great athlete, but not generational like Ware was, and he went 11th.

And Davenport is pretty raw, he's probably not going to dominate the Senior Bowl, even though he's likely the top prospect there. He's going to look bad in some drills at the combine. He doesn't have a ton of tape against top competition.

I know I'm one of the original people who said I'd take Davenport at 8, but I seriously doubt that happens. I think his value starts about 18-25, with reach territory in the 12-15 range. The Bucs aren't going to take him at 7. The Bears aren't going to at 8. But with a trade down to the teens, I think he becomes a realistic option. I'm pretty certain he won't make it to the 2nd day of the draft, so it may require a reach to get him....just don't bet on it at 8.

Here is Davenport in 2016 against Texas A & M, ranked #25 in the country at the time.

Great discipline showed on a reverse...

REVERSE

Powerful punch incapacitates the RT, then gets a hit on the QB...

PUNCH

Really nice job of shedding the block to catch the RB...

SHED

Drives the TE right into the running lane...

LANE

Great catch up speed to tackle the QB, saves a big gain...

CLOSING SPEED

Manhandles the OT and gets the sack...

SACK

Tackled by the OT, drawing a holding penalty..

HOLDING

Also used in coverage for 10-12 snaps...

COVERAGE

Texas A & M starts double teaming him after halftime...

DOUBLE TEAM

3rd down and 11, and most edge rushers are going to sell out to get to the QB. Instead, Davenport reads this play perfectly. Great maturity...

READ

Puts an incredible move on the blocker, causing him to whiff completely. Then he sheds another block on his way to the RB...

FAKE

Makes the RT his bitch on this play, driving him back 5 yards...

BULL RUSH

Run away from Davenport, but he still catches the RB from the backside...

BACKSIDE

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He and Christian Kirk will talk a lot about this game when they're in camp together in Bourbonnais next year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Here is Davenport in 2016 against Texas A & M, ranked #25 in the country at the time.

Great discipline showed on a reverse...

REVERSE

Powerful punch incapacitates the RT, then gets a hit on the QB...

PUNCH

Really nice job of shedding the block to catch the RB...

SHED

Drives the TE right into the running lane...

LANE

Great catch up speed to tackle the QB, saves a big gain...

CLOSING SPEED

Manhandles the OT and gets the sack...

SACK

Tackled by the OT, drawing a holding penalty..

HOLDING

Also used in coverage for 10-12 snaps...

COVERAGE

Texas A & M starts double teaming him after halftime...

DOUBLE TEAM

3rd down and 11, and most edge rushers are going to sell out to get to the QB. Instead, Davenport reads this play perfectly. Great maturity...

READ

Puts an incredible move on the blocker, causing him to whiff completely. Then he sheds another block on his way to the RB...

FAKE

Makes the RT his bitch on this play, driving him back 5 yards...

BULL RUSH

Run away from Davenport, but he still catches the RB from the backside...

BACKSIDE

Really good work Adi. Love seeing the vids.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Matt Bowen's thoughts on Marcus Davenport's day:

Davenport flashed his power during individual drills and one-on-one pass rush. Yes, he is still raw, and his pad level needs to drop against the run to maximize his potential. I saw that during the inside run period. But as an edge rusher with that long, 6-6, 259-pound frame? We are talking about natural strength here. The ability is there to create a pop on contact, bench press offensive tackles and fold up the pocket. I can understand why pro scouts are focused on Davenport this week. This is a small-school prospect with a ridiculously high ceiling.