The Senior Bowl Thread

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm feeling real good about pick 8 for the Bears. Rosen and Darnold will be gone, if at least 1 more QB goes with them then the Bears will have a damn fine prospect fall in their laps.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't know what you guys are worried about. Its a certainty we are going to either land a great pick at #8 or end up trading that pick down for more picks. The way I see it Pace is going to make out well regardless at #8.

Did you really just use the word certainty regarding the draft? C'mon man. Ain't nothing certain about the draft, especially when the Bears are involved.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can thank that gaggle of quarterbacks and quarterback needy teams at the top for the gifts they're going to slide down to us. I'm feeling great about it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you really just use the word certainty regarding the draft? C'mon man. Ain't nothing certain about the draft, especially when the Bears are involved.

Easy there chap. I didn't say its a certainty the guy we draft turns out to be a stud. I am saying that whether we draft someone or if we trade down our pick, we are either way going to end up getting one of the best talents available or great value out of a trade. Nothing is guaranteed in terms of success on who we pick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Easy there chap. I didn't say its a certainty the guy we draft turns out to be a stud. I am saying that whether we draft someone or if we trade down our pick, we are either way going to end up getting one of the best talents available or great value out of a trade. Nothing is guaranteed in terms of success on who we pick.

We're going to get the 8th player in a 7 player draft and you know it. :lol:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shit, I'm personally hoping that more players suddenly shoot up the draft boards for teams to slobber over so even more players slide to #8. Imagine for some Special person reason the Bears getting a king's ransom for the #8 pick.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WR Michael Gallup is an interesting prospect.

MantisShrimp

Liked Posts:
Gallup, Lualetta, Penny interesting mid/later round talent

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Josh Allen lacks vision & accuracy. The unknown QB Mike White for the South team has been the best QB in the 1st half.

And Kyle Lauletta (Richmond) has been the best QB of the entire game.

I'm really liking DJ Chark. I was already a fan but he's killing it in this game.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Davenport is a player that fits the mold that Pace usually goes after, would not be surprised if he traded up for him.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Davenport is a player that fits the mold that Pace usually goes after, would not be surprised if he traded up for him.

I would like Davenport, also, but no way would I want to give up draft picks for a trade-up. Actually, I don't see a need for a trade-up if 3 QBs go before us at #8. Saquon Barkley, M. Fitzpatrick, B. Chubb, Q. Nelson are 4 blue-chip guys. Marcus Davenport is also a player I could see Pace going after.

That would leave 1 of them falling to us at #8 if 3 QBs get picked ahead of us.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario is one of Chubb/Fitzpatrick drops to #8. But barring that, I think my ideal scenario would be the Cardinals wanting to come up from 15 for Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, whoever is the 4th QB to go after Darnold/Rosen and another one of these 3. Walter Football has Mayfield mocked to the Cards at 15, but they're likely going to have to come up to get him or any QB they want.

Get a 3rd and more, then at 15 looking to draft whoever you like most out of Calvin Ridley, Marcus Davenport, Joshua Jackson, or Connor Williams (who I really like). 4 biggest need positions (WR, Edge, CB, OT) and get one of the top 2 at those positions without reaching at 8.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was really impressed with that Obo Oko kid from OU. Reminds me of Dwight Freeney. Wouldn't mind him in the 2nd round if he is still available.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I was really impressed with that Obo Oko kid from OU. Reminds me of Dwight Freeney. Wouldn't mind him in the 2nd round if he is still available.

I’m a big fan as well. I’ve brought his name up a couple times here as a second rd alternative.
Depending on how FA works out, especially at the WR position, and how the draft shakes out...I could see a couple scenarios with the Big12 defensive POY in rd 2.
If we do well at WR in FA, Pace could go Nelson in the 1st and this guy in the 2nd. Or even Ridley in the 1st, if FA doesn’t come through.
I’d be more than a little hesitant to go with two small school products (Davenport as OLB and Miller as WR) in both rds 1 and 2.
Grabbing the OU OLB in rd 2 minimizes downside risk by grabbing 2 guys that have produced at the top of two power conferences.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m a big fan as well. I’ve brought his name up a couple times here as a second rd alternative.
Depending on how FA works out, especially at the WR position, and how the draft shakes out...I could see a couple scenarios with the Big12 defensive POY in rd 2.
If we do well at WR in FA, Pace could go Nelson in the 1st and this guy in the 2nd. Or even Ridley in the 1st, if FA doesn’t come through.
I’d be more than a little hesitant to go with two small school products (Davenport as OLB and Miller as WR) in both rds 1 and 2.
Grabbing the OU OLB in rd 2 minimizes downside risk by grabbing 2 guys that have produced at the top of two power conferences.

Miller went to Memphis. That is not a “small” school. You might have conference bias but the kid can play.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure Okoronkwo is much more than a DPR at this point. Not sure he can hold up at the point of attack and also not sure he can be a run and chase type off the ball player. I don't think he's drafted until the third or fourth. Intriguing pass rusher though - very long arms for his build.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I liked what I saw of Michael Gallup, Tre’Quan Smith and DJ Chark as far as receivers go at the Senior Bowl. Hamilton from Penn St. proved he’s an excellent route runner but dropped some balls.

This WR class is deep. In my opinion, the Bears are going O Line or Edge at 8 or trading down. There are so many other receivers like Miller, Cobbs, Moore, Tate, Burnett, Quinn, Ateman, St. Brown and possibly even Kirk and Washington that will be available after round 1 too. If Sutton doesn’t run well at the combine, he could fall to the 2nd as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I liked what I saw of Michael Gallup, Tre’Quan Smith and DJ Chark as far as receivers go at the Senior Bowl. Hamilton from Penn St. proved he’s an excellent route runner but dropped some balls.

This WR class is deep. In my opinion, the Bears are going O Line or Edge at 8 or trading down. There are so many other receivers like Miller, Cobbs, Moore, Tate, Burnett, Quinn, Ateman, St. Brown and possibly even Kirk and Washington that will be available after round 1 too. If Sutton doesn’t run well at the combine, he could fall to the 2nd as well.

Ahhh you're the first i've seen bring this up about Hamilton (Penn St) dropping some balls cause that's the things i saw as well and he's been getting hyped up on some draft sites. He still did and made some impressive plays but i can't handle the dropped passes anymore and that was the time he should of been making all of his catches when all eyes are on him. I'm willing to wait and see what he does in the tests at the combine and if i see him bobbling or double catching then i'm out on him for sure.

DJ Chark showed up in senior bowl practice and really showed out in the game and i already was intrigued by him before the senior bowl practice. There really is a lot of WR's in this draft that are being projected to go in the middle and even later rounds but waiting on them depends on what we do at WR in free agency. If they get a legit WR in free agency to go with Meredith then i can get behind waiting on WR in the draft and grabbing one or even better two in the middle rounds.