Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Welcome aboard BWW. Every board I've went to it's been 95% pro Theo. Which is fine, but don't you dare mention anything negative, or a banning could be your death.

Very good message board here. No problems with voicing opinions either way. A few stray retards here and there. But they haven't been posting as of late. I wonder why ?
Not that you don't bring valid points forward, its that they're the same regurgitated opinions brought forward each time. :shrug:

They're not going to change your mind and you probably won't change their mind :shrug:

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I still think Theo can do a great job here, if the resources are released to him. Clearly, they haven't been and I don't think that is his doing. I think it's Ricketts putting profit ahead of everything else and once revenue increases he will release some for Theo to spend.

But I don't understand the blind faith at all. I've always said take a wait and see approach and everything we've seen so far doesn't tell us much at all except for the absolute fact that right now they care more about money than anything else.

I actually came here looking for willrust to see if i could pick up where I left off on the bitch slapping I was giving him. Is he MIA?

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I still think Theo can do a great job here, if the resources are released to him. Clearly, they haven't been and I don't think that is his doing. I think it's Ricketts putting profit ahead of everything else and once revenue increases he will release some for Theo to spend.

But I don't understand the blind faith at all. I've always said take a wait and see approach and everything we've seen so far doesn't tell us much at all except for the absolute fact that right now they care more about money than anything else.

I actually came here looking for willrust to see if i could pick up where I left off on the bitch slapping I was giving him. Is he MIA?

I'm pretty sure he's not here. We would notice.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure he's not here. We would notice.

Oh well. I'm sure I can find someone to annoy the hell out of in the mean time.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Bullseye.

Yeah, he is MIA. He knows for sure a lot of us came over here as it has been posted in the fantasy league message board.

But he also knows his stupidity would get completely crushed here and that he can't go crying to the mods and get people banned for posting a smarter opinion than his. That was his only defense. Uncontrollable sobbing from the fetal position until it removed the smarter person.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Uncontrollable sobbing from the fetal position until it removed the smarter person.

Good Lord !!!!! Aren't you holding back and putting it mildly.

Don't grow soft in your old age my friend. LOL

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
But he also knows his stupidity would get completely crushed here

He always struck me as being too ignorant to even know when he was being made a fool of.

CherokeeReds

Liked Posts:
You can disagree with what your favorite team is doing and still be a fan.

Of course you can. Discussion and disagreement are fine. But if you obsess with it to the point of being totally miserable every day, and fighting and insulting people you don't even know, maybe it's not worth it.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Of course you can. Discussion and disagreement are fine. But if you obsess with it to the point of being totally miserable every day, and fighting and insulting people you don't even know, maybe it's not worth it.

Not miserable at all. You can attempt the Cracker Jack box psychology all you like, but it ends up as lacking as your baseball knowledge.

What would make me miserable is being dumb enough to believe in an obvious con job.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Its not obsession.

Some of us want to win......you know.....sooner than 3 years. Check that, now its 4; and should I be surprised next year when the major league team is ignored and some lottery tickets dont work out when it becomes 5?

Go on, spew the agenda...

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Its not obsession.

Some of us want to win......you know.....sooner than 3 years. Check that, now its 4; and should I be surprised next year when the major league team is ignored and some lottery tickets dont work out when it becomes 5?

Go on, spew the agenda...

But golly-gee whizzz Mrs. Cleaver. Why would we want young Theodore to field a winning team anytime soon?

You know it will be re-WARD-ing when you have Eddie Haskell, Lumpy, and Larry Mundello running the team. :shot:

Guess I'm really showing my age now. LOL

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:

These types of message boards were made for these types of discussions and arguments.

If you are the type of person bothered by insults on a computer screen............you probably shouldn't be on the computer.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
These types of message boards were made for these types of discussions and arguments.

If you are the type of person bothered by insults on a computer screen............you probably shouldn't be on the computer.

LOL!!!!

Oh I am sure he will start crying about how mean you are being to him now.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
how so? how is he a top 10 GM? Please tell me. Do I need to break it down again?

1) He inherited a 90 win team in Boston

2) He had unlimited spending ( See Cheringtons Theo cleanup last year with the deals to LA)

3) Sure he hit on ells and middlebrooks.....great! he also spent money on some pretty bad players!

Lets see him win a few divisions with this franchise than you can call him a top 10. Any GM can do what he did in Boston, that is fact.

I'm not going to get into the entire GM rankign thing but as a guy who saw both Theo's rise and fall in Boston..he's a damn good GM in my opinion. He's not perfect and has his faults and has made his mistakes but you start looking at who he brought in and how he brought them in early in his seasons in Boston it's pretty impressive. Especially considering he basically for better or worse won a WS in 2004 and somewhat tore down and remodeled the team for a WS run in 2007. His spending during his last few years in Boston was troublesome but no GM is perfect and frankly at the time I liked the Gonzo signing..the Crawford signing I was meh on but Crawford has made some strides at the plate and has turned it around in LA. While some Cubs fans way oversell Theo I think you're underselling him some here.