The Ultimate " So Its 2016 Now" Thread

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Really??

There are PLENTY of players 25 and under that have made MASSIVE impacts.

Sure you don't have to be the best to be one of the best, but when you don't even rank in the top 25 of players 25 and under, that doesn't make you one of the best young players in baseball.

There are few to no teams that have staying power in baseball.

I think the longest current playoff streak is 3 years by the Rangers.

Pretty much my point. Which is why you need to build up your entire organization not just one level. But let's skip over that and throw one line insults at each other. Let's be honest that's really what a sports forum is for.

Find me a credible list of top young players that doesn't include Rizzo or make it up yourself. And why am I getting into an argument about relevancy with a Royals fan? When did they last make the postseason? In fact all of your teams seem to have trouble in the playoffs when they make it, so yes let's get condescending and avoid the point.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Just remember JayZ.

I am not some fat chick you're going to get into bed with by trying to impress me with your credentials.

You go Playa !!!!!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Not all of whom are ahead of Jackson and Vogelbach wasn't drafted by Theo and Hoyer.

At least have your facts correct for a change instead of rushing to your agenda.

Vogy was a mistake, knew he was drafted after Baez but fucked up, not an agenda. And they don't all have to ranked ahead of BJax for the farm to be improved

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Kent Bottenfield was a prospect?? No.

Chris Carpenter was signed as a FA from Toronto.

David Eckstein was signed as a FA from Anahiem

Lance Berkman was signed as a FA from the Yankees.

Kyle Lohse was signed as a FA from the Phillies.

Matt Holiday was resigned as a FA.

Jim Edmonds was not a prospect when he was traded for David Freese.

Scott Rolen was acquired for three major league players, not prospects.

Adam Wainwright was acquired for JD Drew and Eli Marrero. Major League players.

Congrats. Accurate as ever.

Listing FA's has what to do with the fact that trades were cited as a way to build the team when almost every trade involves prospects?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Pretty much my point. Which is why you need to build up your entire organization not just one level. But let's skip over that and throw one line insults at each other. Let's be honest that's really what a sports forum is for.

No one has skipped over that at all.

In fact the notion of doing both, fielding a quality major league team while building the farm system has been mentioned many, many times.

There only seems to be one person with reading difficulties here.

Find me a credible list of top young players that doesn't include Rizzo or make it up yourself.

Not a problem, I will do that later tonight.

And why am I getting into an argument about relevancy with a Royals fan? When did they last make the postseason? In fact all of your teams seem to have trouble in the playoffs when they make it, so yes let's get condescending and avoid the point.

Wow, I guess the your dad can beat up my dad wasn't juvenile enough for you so you had to try your sports teams can beat up my sports teams???

Really??

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Listing FA's has what to do with the fact that trades were cited as a way to build the team when almost every trade involves prospects?

You mean all the trades that DIDN'T include prospects that was included in the list you quoted??

Can anyone fucking read around here?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Wow, I guess the your dad can beat up my dad wasn't juvenile enough for you so you had to try your sports teams can beat up my sports teams???

Really??

I never said that but ok we'll go with that. And this is a sports forum, so arguments about sports teams are expected to ensue

You mean all the trades that DIDN'T include prospects that was included in the list you quoted??

They may not have been prospects the day they were traded but they didn't grow from the ground. I'm sure they developed many of those players

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I never said that but ok we'll go with that. And this is a sports forum, so arguments about sports teams are expected to ensue

They may not have been prospects the day they were traded but they didn't grow from the ground. I'm sure they developed many of those players

Well maybe the Cubs should concentrate on drafting babies then, since prospects don't grow from the ground.

They didn't develop Kent Bottenfield whom they traded for Jim Edmonds.

I probably have to explain to you that they didn't develop Edmonds whom they traded for Freese despite the previous sentence.

But I am sure you will have something else to nitpick about while you slurp up Theo.

I mean Maddux most still have been considered a prospect when they traded him to the Dodgers since the Cubs developed him like 15 years previous with about 11 years in Atlanta mixed in there.

Guys I think we have already discovered this site's willrust and czman.

Every village has their idiots though.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Well maybe the Cubs should concentrate on drafting babies then, since prospects don't grow from the ground.

I probably have to explain to you that they didn't develop Edmonds whom they traded for Freese despite the previous sentence.

But I am sure you will have something else to nitpick about while you slurp up Theo.

I mean Maddux most still have been considered a prospect when they traded him to the Dodgers since the Cubs developed him like 15 years previous with about 11 years in Atlanta mixed in there.

I don't believe I'm out of line at all by suggesting that a "gentleman's" game of "ring toss" or two shouldn't be included also.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I don't get how we can say, well this is the year we will win now. Baseball is a long season and everything has to click. You almost have to get on a roll late heading into the playoffs. Even if we had a good team, doesn't mean we will win anything. Look at the 07-08 clubs. 2 first round sweeps is all we got. And I believe that pitching wins in the playoffs. Price would be a plus, but I wouldn't really want to give up Soler or Baez. I would trade one of them towards Stanton though haha.

So who cares about a set year. Hell, even if this team right now can play consistent and get hot they could contend, not likely I know, but baseball is weird like that.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I don't get how we can say, well this is the year we will win now. Baseball is a long season and everything has to click. You almost have to get on a roll late heading into the playoffs. Even if we had a good team, doesn't mean we will win anything. Look at the 07-08 clubs. 2 first round sweeps is all we got. And I believe that pitching wins in the playoffs. Price would be a plus, but I wouldn't really want to give up Soler or Baez. I would trade one of them towards Stanton though haha.

So who cares about a set year. Hell, even if this team right now can play consistent and get hot they could contend, not likely I know, but baseball is weird like that.

Unfortunately the Reds and Cardinals have placed FAR more talent on the field. It will be nearly impossible to overtake them both.

They have given us nothing but a PR campaign dedicated to fan commitment for this season.

Nothing like buying Ricketts groceries and he doesn't invite you for dinner.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately the Reds and Cardinals have placed FAR more talent on the field. It will be nearly impossible to overtake them both.

They have given us nothing but a PR campaign dedicated to fan commitment for this season.

Nothing like buying Ricketts groceries and he doesn't invite you for dinner.

Yeah, the Central has gotten a lot better lately. I really don't think these guys will contend or nothing (but you never know in baseball) but even the Pirates are pretty good. And with the Astros gone, we will probably fighting to just not finish last.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

Yes Maddux was a prospect at some point. Whom as rocket science would dictate was developed by the Cubs. I don't even approve of Theo but sure I'd slurp him. But yes that makes sense because Edmonds had more to do than Pujols right? You yourself said they were role players. Does that mean they grew their core players? Or did they just find them in the clubhouse one morning?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

"smart TRADES and signings" was what I quoted before... apparently you can't read, for trades usually require prospects involved one way or the other.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
"smart TRADES and signings" was what I quoted before... apparently you can't read, for trades usually require prospects involved one way or the other.

And none of those smart TRADES that pat listed included prospects.

Not sure why that simple fact is so difficult for you to grasp.