Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Because I cant let it go, I would like to offer a challenge of sorts to the board...

Name the centers that are the size of Kane.

I was able to think of 2: Roy, and M Savard (when he skated).

There is a reason you dont use a guy like Kane at the center.

Ok, I think I am done bitching about 2nd line center since Stan "Coattails Daddy" Bowman has directly said Kane is the center.

Had we picked up Brooks Laich like I wanted in the off-season we would be gearing up for the Preds!!!!! But noooooo one listens to me....nope, just keep picking up dead weight like Brunnette, Morrison, lock up Frolik....really did not like the moves mad last summer and they did not make us better this season. And that is really not debatable IMO.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Had we picked up Brooks Laich like I wanted in the off-season we would be gearing up for the Preds!!!!! But noooooo one listens to me....nope, just keep picking up dead weight like Brunnette, Morrison, lock up Frolik....really did not like the moves mad last summer and they did not make us better this season. And that is really not debatable IMO.

I wanted Brooks Laich really bad this past summer too, but then he took a "hometown discount" of 4.5 million for 6 years. No thanks lol

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I wanted Brooks Laich really bad this past summer too, but then he took a "hometown discount" of 4.5 million for 6 years. No thanks lol

We could have widdled him down to 3.75, I mean shit Frolik is getting THREE MILLION!!!!

The day we sign Stalberg to over 1.25 million is the day I lose all faith in the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Club.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Also, can we please discuss how utterly ineffective Kruger has been? He should have been in Rockford or Sweden the entire year this year, I fear we may have started the process of halting his development, or maybe he was never all that to begin with. But to see him this year with Sharp and Hossa, it was just simply not working. At points I could not help but say out loud, "what is Stan thinking?!?!"

I do not put Krugers massive displacement on Q, to me Kruger is clearly Stans attempt of replicating a solid two way Euro center that plays for the Wings.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, can we please discuss how utterly ineffective Kruger has been? He should have been in Rockford or Sweden the entire year this year, I fear we may have started the process of halting his development, or maybe he was never all that to begin with. But to see him this year with Sharp and Hossa, it was just simply not working. At points I could not help but say out loud, "what is Stan thinking?!?!"

I do not put Krugers massive displacement on Q, to me Kruger is clearly Stans attempt of replicating a solid two way Euro center that plays for the Wings.

Except that Kruger doesn't give off the vibe that he owns a white van with "Güd Hyoomir" spraypainted on the side.
<

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My vote was always for Vermette. He would have been picture perfect for 2nd line center in my book. hawks missed em twice and then he got a raise and knew we would never get em.

McCub will throw all cap at Nash. Superstars win championships. I mean, look at the Cubs! They were able to ... um... nevermind... Well, if you cant buy a championship in baseball, you can certainly do it in hockey! And if that doesnt work? Milk the fans for all they are worth and go to another team, rinse repeat!

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Except that Kruger doesn't give off the vibe that he owns a white van with "Güd Hyoomir" spraypainted on the side.
<

Hahahaha great post.

Although I'm not sure what kind of vibe Kruger give off other than "two way player"

supraman

Liked Posts:

Holy hell PSR we agree on something. Kruger is a very solid AHL 2nd line center. He is not NHL caliber.

My vote was always for Vermette. He would have been picture perfect for 2nd line center in my book. hawks missed em twice and then he got a raise and knew we would never get em.

McCub will throw all cap at Nash. Superstars win championships. I mean, look at the Cubs! They were able to ... um... nevermind... Well, if you cant buy a championship in baseball, you can certainly do it in hockey! And if that doesnt work? Milk the fans for all they are worth and go to another team, rinse repeat!

Yeah tell that to Rangers in the late 90s

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing is, having lines of:

Stalberg/Toews/Nash

Sharp/Kane/Hossa

Bickell/Bolland/Shaw

Hayes/Kruger/Beach/Mayers? (Or some combo thereof or other prospects swapped in)

Doesn't look bad at all on the front-end.

But even if Crawford rebounds, keeping Keith/Seabs/Leddy/Montador/Hammer/Olsen scares the piss out of me on the backend. We would have to win every game 5-4 because (maybe 4-3 if Craw rebounds) getting Nash would mean no upgrades where we need it--back-end.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At this point I don't care who stays or goes outside the core. I just want it fixed, unfortunately I don't have confidence in disconnect between the GM and the coach. I could entirely see the GM getting the guys he wants to fix it and it the coach not knowing how to use them, or the GM not being able to get the guys the coach wants whatever I know it's the same thing but as I mentioned before I think they all need to go, except frank.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You will not see a big FA splash until the 2014-15 season, that is the final year of Toews and Kanes contracts so management will spend money that season to go all in.

The next couple of seasons will not be spent to the cap, the team will make playoffs and the team will try to make money before the 2014-15 FA splash and the signing will be front loaded because the other front loaded contracts will have gone done. If they win the Cup before 2014-15, then all things will be gravy.

What you will see for the next couple of years are 2 to 3 FA signings in the 600k to 1.5m range. The youngsters are the depth going forward.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
Stalberg improved his offensive game all year and even defensive game toward the end, I dont see why he doesnt continue improving in only his 3rd full year.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing is, having lines of:

Stalberg/Toews/Nash

Sharp/Kane/Hossa

Bickell/Bolland/Shaw

Hayes/Kruger/Beach/Mayers? (Or some combo thereof or other prospects swapped in)

Doesn't look bad at all on the front-end.

But even if Crawford rebounds, keeping Keith/Seabs/Leddy/Montador/Hammer/Olsen scares the piss out of me on the backend. We would have to win every game 5-4 because (maybe 4-3 if Craw rebounds) getting Nash would mean no upgrades where we need it--back-end.

Purely fantasy; Nash and no Kane. Even in the fantasy world; Kane is not going to okay a trade to Columbus. Even if you trade Kane to Buffalo; Buffalo would have to send big money back which would leave no room for Nash.

The Hawks are not going to spend up to the cap, they will be looking to recoup the Huet dollars not spend it.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All that matters to a goaltender is that he gives up one less goal than the guy as the other end of the ice.

Our job is to give the team a good chance to win the game and to steal one every now and then.

Thats Vague though Klemm. Some could call giving up a shit goal in Overtime not giving your team a chance to win because you couldnt make a save 9 out of 10 goalies would. Im just playing devils advocate in how one defines a goalie giving the team a chance to win.

I am by no means blaming crawford for the series loss. Im just sayin.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I think you guys are missing the boat on Kruger. If you asked me to pick between him and Paul Gaustad or Antoine Vermette, then of course I would take the bigger player (especially since we are so little and play like pussies in most spots). But Kruger is also a fucking rookie and a solid positional player that can pass and carry a puck well enough (he's no Kane, but you don't need that, its a luxory).

Kruger did get hurt for a bit so that messed up the lines, but this is more about "everyday Q's shuffling" (sung to Party Rock) than anything else. He could have used another year in the A, but he didn't get it. That doesn't mean you stunt his growth or throw him away. If I am thinking like patient little Stanbo then I tell Q to put this kid back at #2 center in camp and stop the Kane at center pipedream.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not writing him off, but I saw absolutely nothing out of Kruger, really.... ever.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=394345

It's believed Luongo would prefer moving back to Florida, provided there's interest from either the Florida Panthers or the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks are also on the 33-year-old goalie's list, although Luongo could have reservations accepting a trade to either team given the fiercely competitive market that feeds off the Maple Leafs and the emotional scars that may still exist from his battles with the Blackhawks.

And Chicago, Toronto and Tampa Bay are in need of stability in goal.

And so it begins...

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=394345

It's believed Luongo would prefer moving back to Florida, provided there's interest from either the Florida Panthers or the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks are also on the 33-year-old goalie's list, although Luongo could have reservations accepting a trade to either team given the fiercely competitive market that feeds off the Maple Leafs and the emotional scars that may still exist from his battles with the Blackhawks.

And Chicago, Toronto and Tampa Bay are in need of stability in goal.

And so it begins...

Yep, was talked about on Chicago Tribune Live today, (which I watch for other sports and out of boredom) almost puked in my mouth at the notion. Even if Van takes half his contract which won't happen, thats 4 million for THAT goalie? I have no respect for the man, he is a whiny, diving, zero character player when it comes to on ice play. I really don't give a fuck what he's like off but I can't imagine its different, he's let the Nucks down huge every season for the past 4 years now.

I'd simultaneously shit, piss, vomit, sneeze, and ooze out of my ears if we signed Roberto Luongo.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If Lou comes to Chicago, it really will prove what the organizations "One Goal" is... and it will be the beginning of the end for me.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I think I would just hop on the Panthers wagon for a few years lol