Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Good... That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen, let's take a guy who the fanbase blames for every mistake and collapse, and put the C on him so he has even more responsibility.

supraman

Liked Posts:
As bad as you huys are shitting on Lou, which is a standered thing in here, hell I will be the first to admit with all the comments and my avatar. All of you would be loving him when he along with the team brings a cup to Chicago, again if it happend and he was brought here. Remember Car bomb? Rodman was hated from the Pistons for all the dirty shit that the Pistons and him did, but when he was here everyone loved him, why because he was doing that now with the Bulls and they were winning. Every Redwing hated Cheilos, but when he went to the Wings he was the next coming of Jesus. Its part of sports people. You will always love the guy you hated because he does to others what he has done to you. Bobbu Lou would be a much needed improvement then what we have had in a long time. Again will it happen I don't think so, But as much as people bash him, its not all his fault look at the team infront of him, you give the excuse to Crawford for no support, did he have support in Vancouver. I would like to see someone say otherwise. I for one would cheer for him if he came here, go ahead and stone me for that, Lou has amazing skills which we all know.

And no cups for being one of the elite goalies for some time

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Crow > Luongo

sorry brah's. I'll take a 27 year old Crawford with a 2.5 mil cap hit for 3 years, over a 33 year old Luongo with a 5.5 mil cap hit for 10 years any day.

Plus, in last years first round series, Vancouver won the series, but Crawford won the goalie matchup hands down.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Nope, I don't want Lou or his large contract on this team. We should try developing our own goalies considering outside of Crawford and Niemi, none of our other goalies we draft pan out (on this team at least).

That's because we give up on them before they get a chance to prove themselves.

Anderson, Niemi, Leighton come to mind, although Leighton isn't in the NHL at the moment he still took the Flyers to the Finals. Give Crawford another year, if he shits the bed then we have no choice but to find another option. I still wouldn't dump him, but hope he would be open to a back-up position. If he proves himself, the Hawks find their #1 for years to come. It's a win-win situation, lose-lose if they trade him right now IMO.

Lets not make the same mistake again, give Crawford another year.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
why is there even discussion about Lou?

1) the team wouldn't welcome him in the dressing room

2) the team wouldn't pay that contract

3) he wouldn't waive his ntc to come to Chicago.

end of story...don't bring it up anymore

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why is there even discussion about Lou?

1) the team wouldn't welcome him in the dressing room

2) the team wouldn't pay that contract

3) he wouldn't waive his ntc to come to Chicago.

end of story...don't bring it up anymore

Thank you very much !!

He will go to Florida and Supra will get his jersey.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
If you swap coaches for this series, the Hawks walk away with it. Q and the Hawks' coaching staff is that bad.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Thank you very much !!

He will go to Florida and Supra will get his jersey.

Florida already has their goalie of the future. His name is Jacob Markstrom. If you haven't heard of him yet, you will, maybe as soon as next season.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
oh yeah, I've been saying he's going to Tampa for a while. That's a no brainer.

Ton

Liked Posts:
oh yeah, I've been saying he's going to Tampa for a while. That's a no brainer.

Never know, Garth Snow always has a hard on for having too many overpaid, aging goaltenders.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Florida already has their goalie of the future. His name is Jacob Markstrom. If you haven't heard of him yet, you will, maybe as soon as next season.

Saw him last night in Rosement. BIG kid, lightning quick.

Glove hand looked a little soft, but it's one night. He WILL be a good one.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only way Luongo plays in Chicago other than a visitor is as one of the Wolves.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Dale would never bring Lou and that contract into Florida. Not when he has a tight budget to work under anyways. Campbells his big contract player he can't go bringing in another long high contract there.

The only place I could possibly see Lou is in Tampa. They have the cap space but they do have to sign some blue liners. I really hope the Canucks get stuck with him though and have to carry that contract. Nothing would please me more.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Move Frolik for anything

Trade Sharp to BOS for Lucic

SIgn Parise to about 6.6mil

Still have 3.8mil to sign another Defenceman

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($6.600m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m)

Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)

Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)

Brandon Bollig ($0.578m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)

Nick Leddy ($1.117m) / Dylan Olsen ($0.870m)

GOALTENDERS

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)

Ray Emery ($1.150m)

------

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,484,294; BONUSES: $647,500

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,815,706

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'd rather get a center, especially if you trade Sharp.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Move Frolik for anything

Trade Sharp to BOS for Lucic

SIgn Parise to about 6.6mil

Still have 3.8mil to sign another Defenceman

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($6.600m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m)

Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)

Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)

Brandon Bollig ($0.578m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)

Nick Leddy ($1.117m) / Dylan Olsen ($0.870m)

GOALTENDERS

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)

Ray Emery ($1.150m)

------

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,484,294; BONUSES: $647,500

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,815,706

Lucic on the Hawks would be sick.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Parise and Toews together would be sick.

I'd be fine with seeing what Kane can do another season at center. He did well down the stretch without Toews there.

Lucic/Kane/Hossa would be ridiculous.

As far as D...would depend where Montador is/will be at with his recovery. Maybe just add a guy like Souray (toolbag maybe) or Foster - 2 guys that can shoot the shit out of the puck, which the PP needs. Teams would not be able to suck down to the forwards anymore and would have to go to/respect the shot - or break ankles. Those 2 wouldn't cost much and can shoot

Ton

Liked Posts:
But if they get a center, isn't Parise/Toews/Kane more tempting? Not saying that is a bad plan, it's a good one, just think we would look better with a real center as 2nd pivot.

Here's one positive about having McD for this off-season... he'll push Scooter to go out there and get Parise for his annual splash.

Seabrook has a really hard shot, Leddy has shown he can get the puck to the net. I'm not sure the Hawks really need someone that can just rip the puck, but IMO they need a guy who can control the play from the point and more movement from the entire team. Too much standing still out there. Dallas was 30th on the PP with Souray on the point, Boston was 15th with the hardest shot in the league, and 2nd to last in the post-season.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Bigger problem with the PP were forwards didn't have to challenge the points. Teams were able to slump back and take away the low passing lanes without the fear of a shot from the point. Forwards never had to go up to past the top of the circles. Seabrook's shot was hard - but not as heavy as a Souray or Foster's would be. There's big difference.

Leddy will be fine...he's mobile/moves the puck...but not a hard/heavy shot either.

Would improve both PP's as well.

Problem with Sharp is he's not one to create space with the puck. He relies on his line mates to do that. Putting these lines together -

Toews/Parise - both can create space, have ridiculous motors/determination

Kane/Hossa - know what they can do...add Lucic = there's more room

Bolland/Shaw...and Bickell last 20gms = all play a north/south game

Carcillo/Kruger/Hayes/Bollig = speed, hits, and some offense

The D this year let up about 28 shots a game...top 7 in the league. Crawford can get his save percentage up to .910 - which is just 20 more saves...and brings their team GA to top 10. That would be plenty to balance it out. A guy like Foster or Souray would be PP guys, both big sized players...and can play about 15-16min a game.

Hjarllmarsson needs to be better - bottom line. Leddy's smart enough and his game was up/down - which is expected for a 20 year old in his first full season. The Cup year, Hendry/Boyton/Sopel were the 5-6-7. Montador/Olsen/Souray would be just as good. That forward group may very well be as well.