Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I disagree with your agreeing to his disagreeing

And Kruger will be replacing Bergevin

I hope he can at least be aggressive in the back office.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he still lives in Florida state in the off season with his wife and kids.

Maybe Van takes Vinnie's awful contract?

If it were a straight up deal Vinny for Lou the Canucks would be well over the cap. Vinny is almost double the cap hit Lou is and the Canucks as of right now are a few hundred thousand at the ceiling. Canucks are going to have a hell of a hard time dealing that guy esp when it involves an agreement from Lou as to what teams he will go to. Canucks shot themselves in the foot overpaying for a goalie..giving him a long contract and giving him a no trade clause.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Jarret Stoll IMO would be a nice 2nd line center for the Hawks. He's gritty, good on the faceoffs, hard forechecker, good hands and can put up points (Had a down year, but he played 3rd line as Kopitar and Richards were 1 and 2) . He has more skill than Bolland and could easily fit into our 2nd line.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Jarret Stoll IMO would be a nice 2nd line center for the Hawks. He's gritty, good on the faceoffs, hard forechecker, good hands and can put up points (Had a down year, but he played 3rd line as Kopitar and Richards were 1 and 2) . He has more skill than Bolland and could easily fit into our 2nd line.

He's the Kings' energy line center.... Its odd that he's there.... but scary thought ---- he'd be our 2nd line center? God, we do need work if we're looking at 4th line centers to tab as our 2nd line center.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
He's the Kings' energy line center.... Its odd that he's there.... but scary thought ---- he'd be our 2nd line center? God, we do need work if we're looking at 4th line centers to tab as our 2nd line center.

He would be a solid 2nd line center on this team until either McNeill or Pirri are ready (which Pirri IMO should get a shot at it). Unfortunately, there are not many, if any, 2nd line centers going out and being UFA July 1st. I know that if Stoll is on the ice, I don't need to worry about who's helping the defense in the house or on faceoffs.

Kane isn't a center. His two-way game is not good enough for it, and the fact that he has the skills to be an offensive threat every shift, I'd rather him play the wing where his lack of defensive capabilities are not as much of an issue.

Or, put Patrick Sharp back at center considering he can play that, and move up one of our rookies or younger players to the top two lines.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
ive been wondering why Sharp wasnt at Center much (at all?) last season. I know he doesnt like it. but he isnt Hossa, nor does his game suffer as much as Kane's when playing Center because he is better all around on D than Kane.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
ive been wondering why Sharp wasnt at Center much (at all?) last season. I know he doesnt like it. but he isnt Hossa, nor does his game suffer as much as Kane's when playing Center because he is better all around on D than Kane.

Q

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought Kane's D was good, or at least VASTLY improved since he started wearing the Head, but for a player like him, he needs to be able to move about the whole O zone without having to worry who is "3rd man back". That skill set is not common and him at center does not allow him to use it.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I thought Kane's D was good, or at least VASTLY improved since he started wearing the Head, but for a player like him, he needs to be able to move about the whole O zone without having to worry who is "3rd man back". That skill set is not common and him at center does not allow him to use it.

His two-way game has improved, but he's a liability at center.

Not just as in his own zone, but for the fact that he can't be 100% as offensive as he would be on a wing with less demand on in-zone play. Keep him on the wing and he will be fine.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Looking at where we are cap-wise right now (same cap of $64 Million) we only have about 6 millionish to spend. Honestly, it maybe time to trade someone from the core, especially if we want a 2nd line center.

Sharp, Keith and Kane are the only ones I feel we could move and get a good return on (Keith being the worst of the 3). You can't move JT, who is arguably one of the top 5 centermen in the NHL. Seabs I don't think has a high return and to be honest, he's the only guy who plays decent defense. Nobody will take Hossa and his long contract. You won't get much for Hammer without taking a crappy contract in return.

While I would hate to see Kane and Sharp go (screw Keith), there return could be quite high and possibly bring in a second line center and blue chip prospect (goalie perhaps)?

I'm not trying to start a war here, just looking at options.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Strange you mention that...

The past couple of years of the BAP I've played in the EA NHL games, a few players that the game traded/signed to the 'hawks have *actually* come over to the 'hawks before happening IRL (Brunette, Oduja, Mayers). Three other players that the 'hawks have routinley got over the years have been Stoll, Smid, and Malone.

I won't say whether or not acquiring any of those guys would be good or bad for the team...but if we scored one of them--especially Stoll, that would be downright creepy. I'd need to start sacrificing virgins to my 360.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Strange you mention that...

The past couple of years of the BAP I've played in the EA NHL games, a few players that the game traded/signed to the 'hawks have *actually* come over to the 'hawks before happening IRL (Brunette, Oduja, Mayers). Three other players that the 'hawks have routinley got over the years have been Stoll, Smid, and Malone.

I won't say whether or not acquiring any of those guys would be good or bad for the team...but if we scored one of them--especially Stoll, that would be downright creepy. I'd need to start sacrificing virgins to my 360.

What are you waiting for? Start trading for Parise and Suter!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are you waiting for? Start trading for Parise and Suter!

Unfortunately, doesn't work that way--it has to be the BAP wich means that the CPU took over the GM side.

<

supraman

Liked Posts:
My favorite part about BaGM is wheelin and dealin. Hate the draft, still dont get it

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
after watching these resignings, we should change the title of this thread. It's painfully obvious there will be NO off season changes.

supraman

Liked Posts:
after watching these resignings, we should change the title of this thread. It's painfully obvious there will be NO off season changes.

Renamed