Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Offer Keith in a package to find a quality second line center.....

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Our Blueline goes to shit when Keith is out. Keith goes nowhere even though he will probably never match his Norris winning season he is still an elite blueliner who can move the puck. Who is going to move the puck when Keith is gone? No one else on the roster can do it other than Leddy and Leddy is not even close to top line minutes.

Dumb idea Maiden. You like most of us focus to much on Keiths brain farts and not enough on his good play. I know it looks like there are more brain farts season after season now...but it scares the shit out of me what our blueline would look like without Keith there. The depth sucks....we think its better than it is.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
PS with this new stupid fucking ringette rule coming in all blueliners are going to be fucked for a couple years until the adjust anyways. So why not? Sure trade Keith.

This ringette rule is going to wreck hockey and make it look so stupid and unrecognizable and slow. Thanks Scotty Bowman...go the fuck away already you are turning into that crazy fuck of a hockey mind that just wont fucking retire and go away. No wonder why your son has that wierd crazy look in his eyes like he is going to go postal someday.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Move Frolik for anything

That's the problem in your Lucic/Praise scenario.

Sharp for Lucic? In a heartbeat. But I doubt if Chiarelli makes that move, Lucic provides needed cover for Krejci.

As for Parise, I'd cream in my jeans. But given the uncertainty of the CBA and that other teams are in a better position to offer more than the cap hit of Kane and Toews, don't see it happening.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Whos to say Parise doesn't resign with the Devils? It's probably retirement time for Marty this season and there is 5 mill off the books right there (of course they have to find another goalie for cheap). I know the Devils aren't a team with a lot of money to spend anyways so the chances are parise will not return there.

So many teams rumored to be in the Parise sweepstakes already and his season isn't even over yet. Wings, Canucks, Sharks, Montreal, Colorado are names I hear constantly. They all have one thing in common. All out of the playoffs and need a shake up of some sorts. No surprise the Hawks will be part of the rumor mill also come seasons end. Would love him in Chicago but I don't see it happening either. Someone is going to pay him money the Hawks can't afford unless it also comes with a big shake up to the roster. Hawks are going to be playing their prospects before they sign another big name free agent.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure Parise is going to break the bank if going to a good team.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Minny is the team that gets him. I see him staying in the states. CHI, MINNY or DET...IMO

NJ is a bad place financially.

Also....fun fact...5 of the 8 captains left in the playoffs are USA boys!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Offer Keith in a package to find a quality second line center.....

<

supraman

Liked Posts:
oh yeah, I've been saying he's going to Tampa for a while. That's a no brainer.

And how will tampa bay his contract? Vinny aint going anywhere and I dont see marty leaving either. Lou is not coming to Tampa.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he still lives in Florida state in the off season with his wife and kids.

Maybe Van takes Vinnie's awful contract?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If the Hawks decide to go the "New coach" route, I wouldn't mind seeing them giving John Anderson a interview. Ex-Chicago Wolves coach who won many championships in the IHL and AHL with said Wolves and was also head coach of the Thrashers (had about .500 record). He's currently an assistant with the Yotes, but the guy has the credentials.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if they get a center, isn't Parise/Toews/Kane more tempting? Not saying that is a bad plan, it's a good one, just think we would look better with a real center as 2nd pivot.

Here's one positive about having McD for this off-season... he'll push Scooter to go out there and get Parise for his annual splash.

until Brian Burke swoops in and makes a bigger offer. LOL

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if the Habs buy out Gomez, he should then be available for a pittance, both because he's already cashed in and his latest contributions have been really poor. He could do well as the #2/#3 center, with no pressure of being the go to guy. Or is he really that shit.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if the Habs buy out Gomez, he should then be available for a pittance, both because he's already cashed in and his latest contributions have been really poor. He could do well as the #2/#3 center, with no pressure of being the go to guy. Or is he really that shit.

Best days for him are in the rear view mirror.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather see them make a splash move to improve the defensive top 4, than at #2 center.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't see the Hawks making a splash again, just like last year.

StanBo want's to be able to bring up his "guys" that he drafted and give them a shot before he spends big money on FA.

This scenario, IF it works, will make McDonough happy as Stan figures they will be winning, and keep Rocky happy because he won't be spending more money as rookie contracts are peanuts compared to FA contracts.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I disagree with your agreeing to his disagreeing

And Kruger will be replacing Bergevin