Theoretical Off Season Changes If We Had A Real GM

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
uh huh

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Brad Boyes?

He's averaged 13 goals a season in his last 3 years. Why not sign Jonathan Chechoo while we're at it?

I'd actually prefer Kruger over Brad Fucking Boyes

Yeah because he played with some lights out guys in Buffalo; Vanek only got 26 goals this season. Plus he was coming off a knee injury.

He's an option that's out there, and while his numbers have dropped he probably would come to the Hawks at a cheap price especially for a 1 or 2 year contract.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Kruger didn't have a terrible year for a 21 year old rookie, but IMO he should of been in Rockford. He's not a flashy player, but he's willing to go to the net and plays good defense in his own zone. I think the fact that he isn't flashy and didn't have a huge stat total makes people unhappy with him, but he wasn't a liability on the ice and there were a few games where he played great.

Still way too early to throw him under the bus.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
he also had 17 last year, and 14 the year before. He's lazy

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
he hit 43 with Paul Kariya setting him up for every one.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
he hit 43 with Paul Kariya setting him up for every one.

and a guy as talented as Kane couldn't do that?

Point of the matter is he would come cheap, and if you sign him for one year who gives a shit? He could play the Frolik role as 4th line minutes if it doesn't work out.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Kruger didn't have a terrible year for a 21 year old rookie, but IMO he should of been in Rockford. He's not a flashy player, but he's willing to go to the net and plays good defense in his own zone. I think the fact that he isn't flashy and didn't have a huge stat total makes people unhappy with him, but he wasn't a liability on the ice and there were a few games where he played great.

Still way too early to throw him under the bus.

Sounds like a great 3rd line center....

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
As bad as you huys are shitting on Lou, which is a standered thing in here, hell I will be the first to admit with all the comments and my avatar. All of you would be loving him when he along with the team brings a cup to Chicago, again if it happend and he was brought here. Remember Car bomb? Rodman was hated from the Pistons for all the dirty shit that the Pistons and him did, but when he was here everyone loved him, why because he was doing that now with the Bulls and they were winning. Every Redwing hated Cheilos, but when he went to the Wings he was the next coming of Jesus. Its part of sports people. You will always love the guy you hated because he does to others what he has done to you. Bobbu Lou would be a much needed improvement then what we have had in a long time. Again will it happen I don't think so, But as much as people bash him, its not all his fault look at the team infront of him, you give the excuse to Crawford for no support, did he have support in Vancouver. I would like to see someone say otherwise. I for one would cheer for him if he came here, go ahead and stone me for that, Lou has amazing skills which we all know.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
^^^Beat me to it. If people are yammering on about how Crawford can't make the big saves when needed, Why spend nearly 10x that amount for a goalie that still can't make the big saves when needed?

Tim

Liked Posts:
Lou > Craw but I hope he goes to Tampa. Thomas will be available for a stopgap, or Vokoun for 1 year but who is the future? Is Bernier available??

Doesn't sound like the Hawks goalie prospects are impressive.

R K

Lou > Craw but I hope he goes to Tampa. Thomas will be available for a stopgap, or Vokoun for 1 year but who is the future? Is Bernier available??

Doesn't sound like the Hawks goalie prospects are impressive.

See how Hutton pans out. Was EXTREMELY good for the Ice Hogs in the 2nd half. Almost single handedly saved their shitty season. Too little, to late.

And I'm not sold Lou > Craw

When Lou actually wins something, then maybe I'll agree. Olympics, he almost choked that way at the end as well.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Nope, I don't want Lou or his large contract on this team. We should try developing our own goalies considering outside of Crawford and Niemi, none of our other goalies we draft pan out (on this team at least).

xatruio

Liked Posts:
future is bright, Bowman might suck at signings and trades, but he can draft damn well because he's still green and got a great advisor and scout staff. Bowman himself is still developing, sorta.

like tcd said once, if not at the trade deadline then definitely in July when his best signing was Emery and Montador (dont get the MOnty hate, really); Bowman really just showed the team he's waiting for his boys (who do seem damn high potential) to develop and mesh with the ever-so-slightly-older-young core.

Kruger obviously still has higher levels of skill to reach at such a high level of hockey. AHL for sure could help him, but wherever he is, his d game is good enough so he can develope the offensive game--albeit slower, delayed process-- up here in the NH, too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What are you smoking Acco? There is no scenario where I will ever want Lou here. And if he came here, I dont' see any scenario where he can be successful. Unless somehow it's as a backup. Which defeats the purpose. Carbomb is a different situation, he's a one dimensional player, Lou would be the goalie, not a guy you can make excuses for, not a guy you can put in the press box for long periods of time, not a guy who can be hidden on a line... He's be a main focus point on a team. And if he can't handle it in a metro area of 2.3 mil. just wait till he got here and it is multiplied by 4. He only chance is to go to a place like tampa where he can do his thing and there is no pressure except his cap hit. AND TAKE THE FUCKING C OFF HIM.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
What are you smoking Acco? There is no scenario where I will ever want Lou here. And if he came here, I dont' see any scenario where he can be successful. Unless somehow it's as a backup. Which defeats the purpose. Carbomb is a different situation, he's a one dimensional player, Lou would be the goalie, not a guy you can make excuses for, not a guy you can put in the press box for long periods of time, not a guy who can be hidden on a line... He's be a main focus point on a team. And if he can't handle it in a metro area of 2.3 mil. just wait till he got here and it is multiplied by 4. He only chance is to go to a place like tampa where he can do his thing and there is no pressure except his cap hit. AND TAKE THE FUCKING C OFF HIM.

They already did that mass.