This Trestman/Tucker shit proves our fandom has too many derps

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman should have been fired.

Not an overreaction from a homer. An observation from an outsider. Enjoy your mediocrity.

We are not the Browns..nor should we do idiotic cap that you suggest..

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
What defense did Tucker run while he was in Jacksonville?

According to multiple articles it was the same 4-3 one gap Cover-2 that Lovie Smith ran in Chicago:

First article

Mel Tucker Blitz Percentages
Year Team Pct. NFL rank
2008 Browns 33.4 12
2009 Jaguars 37.4 13
2010 Jaguars 36.3 12
2011 Jaguars 23.3 26
2012 Jaguars 20.4 28

In 2011 and 2012 Tucker called the plays in Jacksonville when Jack Del Rio turned the defensive duties over to Tucker in Del Rio's final season.

Jack Del Rio you say? Who is Jack Del Rio? Jack Del Rio is a former Minnesota Vikings player under former Vikings defensive coordinator Tony Dungy.

Tony Dungy is one of the principle founders of the Cover-2

The roots of the Tampa 2 system actually are in the Steel Curtain days of Pittsburgh football.[2] "My philosophy is really out of the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers playbook," said Dungy during media interviews while at Super Bowl XLI. "That is why I have to laugh when I hear 'Tampa 2'. Chuck Noll and Bud Carson—that is where it came from, I changed very little."[3] Lovie Smith mentions having played the system in junior high school during the 1970s, though Carson introduced the idea of moving the middle linebacker into coverage. Carson's system became especially effective with the Steelers' addition of aggressive and athletic middle linebacker Jack Lambert.[2][4]

Tony Dungy if you recall developed the defense further with Lovie Smith and Monte Kiffin in Tampa Bay, but the roots of the Cover-2 system remain the same as they were since it's inception in Pittsburgh. Mean Joe Greene at the 3-technique, Jack Hamm at the WILL, Jack Lambert at the MIKE and Tony Dungy played in the secondary.

Dungy coached as the defensive coordinator in Minnesota from 1992 to 1995
Jack Del Rio played under Dungy from 1992 to 1995

Del Rio ran a one-gap Cover-2 in Jacksonville as head coach and developed the system that Mel Tucker followed in Jacksonville, the same system he played in under Tony Dungy. Dungy coached the same system he played in, Gus Bradley in Jacksonville now coaches the same defensive system he played in as a player (linebacker for the Tampa Bay Bucs) Bob Babich (Lovie's linebackers coach is now the DC in Jacksonville because like Bradley and Tucker they coach the same one-gap 4-3 Cover-2 system. Tucker did most of his coaching and defensive development under Jack Del Rio.

Tucker's defensive roots trace to Del Rio's roots which trace to Dungy's roots, obviously one of Dungy's branches is Lovie Smith.

Articles from you on your hack blog don't count as a source, numnuts.

Got a link to, you know, a CREDIBLE JOURNALIST?

You're the only one I've seen making this claim that Tucker and Lovie ran the same D - EVERY OTHER NFL PERSONALITY, PLAYER, AND JOURNALIST UNDER THE SUN has been saying Tucker has NOT been running his own system here.

Oh, but you got a blog, so that makes you right and a special snowflake, right? Come on, you pathetic piece of carbon-based wastage. You probably do yoga so you can keep limber enough to suck your own dick.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:

According to multiple articles it was the same 4-3 one gap Cover-2 that Lovie Smith ran in Chicago:

First article

Year Team Pct. NFL rank
2008 Browns 33.4 12
2009 Jaguars 37.4 13
2010 Jaguars 36.3 12
2011 Jaguars 23.3 26
2012 Jaguars 20.4 28

In 2011 and 2012 Tucker called the plays in Jacksonville when Jack Del Rio turned the defensive duties over to Tucker in Del Rio's final season.

Jack Del Rio you say? Who is Jack Del Rio? Jack Del Rio is a former Minnesota Vikings player under former Vikings defensive coordinator Tony Dungy.

The roots of the Tampa 2 system actually are in the Steel Curtain days of Pittsburgh football.[2] "My philosophy is really out of the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers playbook," said Dungy during media interviews while at Super Bowl XLI. "That is why I have to laugh when I hear 'Tampa 2'. Chuck Noll and Bud Carson—that is where it came from, I changed very little."[3] Lovie Smith mentions having played the system in junior high school during the 1970s, though Carson introduced the idea of moving the middle linebacker into coverage. Carson's system became especially effective with the Steelers' addition of aggressive and athletic middle linebacker Jack Lambert.[2][4]

Tony Dungy if you recall developed the defense further with Lovie Smith and Monte Kiffin in Tampa Bay, but the roots of the Cover-2 system remain the same as they were since it's inception in Pittsburgh. Mean Joe Greene at the 3-technique, Jack Hamm at the WILL, Jack Lambert at the MIKE and Tony Dungy played in the secondary.

Dungy coached as the defensive coordinator in Minnesota from 1992 to 1995
Jack Del Rio played under Dungy from 1992 to 1995

Del Rio ran a one-gap Cover-2 in Jacksonville as head coach and developed the system that Mel Tucker followed in Jacksonville, the same system he played in under Tony Dungy. Dungy coached the same system he played in, Gus Bradley in Jacksonville now coaches the same defensive system he played in as a player (linebacker for the Tampa Bay Bucs) Bob Babich (Lovie's linebackers coach is now the DC in Jacksonville because like Bradley and Tucker they coach the same one-gap 4-3 Cover-2 system. Tucker did most of his coaching and defensive development under Jack Del Rio.

Tucker's defensive roots trace to Del Rio's roots which trace to Dungy's roots, obviously one of Dungy's branches is Lovie Smith.

Holy shit that's a thorough explanation

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are not the Browns..nor should we do idiotic cap that you suggest..

Injuries or not, your team should have made the playoffs. Trestman directly prevented that. He should have been held accountable and been let go.

I don't care if you are the Browns, Bears or Packers. That's just what should have happened. Enjoy.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with Vash on that one...Haven't seen any other claim on Tucker/Lovie defense other than Dipshit51

Which Biff has already proven to be the village idiot of evaluations.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

First article

Year Team Pct. NFL rank
2008 Browns 33.4 12
2009 Jaguars 37.4 13
2010 Jaguars 36.3 12
2011 Jaguars 23.3 26
2012 Jaguars 20.4 28

Holy shit that's a thorough explanation

The problem is, its full of shit. He dressed it up real well, but it's a load of crap. He's the Michael Moore of football blogs.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Holyshit...Tucker is running the 70's Steelers D...

No wonder they suck!

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Articles from you on your hack blog don't count as a source, numnuts.

Got a link to, you know, a CREDIBLE JOURNALIST?

You're the only one I've seen making this claim that Tucker and Lovie ran the same D - EVERY OTHER NFL PERSONALITY, PLAYER, AND JOURNALIST UNDER THE SUN has been saying Tucker has NOT been running his own system here.

Oh, but you got a blog, so that makes you right and a special snowflake, right? Come on, you pathetic piece of carbon-based wastage. You probably do yoga so you can keep limber enough to suck your own dick.

Football Outsiders article and quote

Many think of the Bears as a classic Tampa-2 team. Indeed, after firing Tampa-2 aficionado Lovie Smith, they hired long-time Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker. Tucker, as many know, is another traditional Tampa-2 guy. That said, don’t be surprised if Chicago changes things up a bit in 2013. That’s what they did fairly often and successfully in 2012, using more single-high coverages and even playing some man-to-man with blitzes on certain third downs.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Holyshit...Tucker is running the 70's Steelers D...

No wonder they suck!

The fuck you talking about? LeBaeu doesn't go back that far - he's been a DC in the 90's and for Pitt since 2004...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The fuck you talking about? LeBaeu doesn't go back that far - he's been a DC in the 90's and for Pitt since 2004...

Wasn't he the Cards coach?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Said credible. Give me a journalist. I like Football Outsiders but that line seems "as many know" was just some ass pull, because if many knew, why is that the only reference out there?

I got references that Tucker ran a 4-3. I also know due to talent that Tucker simplified his defense the year they were #4 in the league. But I haven't seen any coaching tree or person who mattered who called what Tucker ran in Jacksonville or his previous stint in Cleveland a Tampa 2.

Seems to me you just took a throwaway line and ran with it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Injuries or not, your team should have made the playoffs. Trestman directly prevented that. He should have been held accountable and been let go.

I don't care if you are the Browns, Bears or Packers. That's just what should have happened. Enjoy.

Wow, I totally agree, what an awful job the 8 win Packers managed this season, fire your D coordinator, and for that matter the woeful Offense should release Aaron Rodgers immediately as he was directly responsible for that poor performance the O had this year for the Packers. We need a back up anyway.