This Trestman/Tucker shit proves our fandom has too many derps

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Do I think Tucker is the guy? Not sure. Got dealt a bad hand and ran something other than his own D this year and didn't have his own positional coaches, not to mention the injuries.

LOT of unusual extenuating circumstances. .

I'm still waiting for you to bring forth an article from somewhere on the web from what you would define as a credible source to tell us all what Mel Tucker's defense really is.

You keep hammering on this point that Mel Tucker didn't run his defense last season, but you have yet to bring forth anything other than the shit that rolls out of your own mouth to tell us what his defense is.

Show us something ANYTHING that says Tucker doesn't run a 4-3 one-gap Cover-2.

jc456

Liked Posts:
The biggest misnomer in today's NFL is that you have to have a dominant offense to complete. The reality is you have to be dominant on one side of the ball and at least average on the other. All the teams that made the playoffs were at least very good on one side of the ball. The 4 teams left are very good on one side of the ball and at least average on the other. The reality is Tucker doesn't have to turn this defense into one of the best in the league. I would like to see a defense ranked in the mid teens and at least upper half in turnovers. This offense is a #3 WR away from being unstoppable. I like Earl but if your the #3 WR on a team with Brandon and Alshon and your consistently facing nickel backs and teams #3 CB you better be dominating.

So is that why the teams with the best QBs are squaring off? Really, Manning against Brady top two QBs probably in history, and it's about the D. Right!

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting for you to bring forth an article from somewhere on the web from what you would define as a credible source to tell us all what Mel Tucker's defense really is.

You keep hammering on this point that Mel Tucker didn't run his defense last season, but you have yet to bring forth anything other than the shit that rolls out of your own mouth to tell us what his defense is.

Show us something ANYTHING that says Tucker doesn't run a 4-3 one-gap Cover-2.

Still trying to cover your ass? No one cares.

bearmuff

Liked Posts:
Too many people have their panties in a bunch over Tucker staying. Pissing and moaning over "oh, what could have been!" if the Bears had someone else @ DC, people wanting Trestman fired now even though he just made our offense the 5th best passing offense in the NFL, people claiming they will now abandon the team over this, etc.

I want to tell all those people, from the bottom of my heart:

GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP WITH YOUR WHINY BITCHY DEAD-ENDER RANTS.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Mel. But I a m not going to slit my wrists over him staying either. He's a guy running someone else's system, no matter what some pompous dickhead journalist wannabe hack blogger wrongly insists. This isn't a defense-driven team anymore. The offense pays the bills now. All Tucker has to do is get this defense to 25th in the league or better and we're contenders. And once we flush all the undersized DL from our roster and bulk up up the middle do I think Tucker can at least manage that now that he gets to run his system? Yes, yes I do. Anything above 27th in the league on D is gravy.

Seriously folks, take a fucking Xanax and go put on an Alshon Jeffrey highlight reel or something...

I'm happy that you enjoy mediocracy. Being a winner in genetic and it seems neither you or Tucker carry that gene.

http://www.dailymail.co.duk/science...ay-scientists--DNA-dictates-triumph-fail.html

Ok - My real point is.... even Tebow has had success at the NFL season. Yeah, Tucker had the 9th defense in the league one season. Tebow went 8-5 as a starter for the Broncos in 2011 and I don't see anyone campaigning to sign him to any squad.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'm happy that you enjoy mediocracy. Being a winner in genetic and it seems neither you or Tucker carry that gene.

http://www.dailymail.co.duk/science...ay-scientists--DNA-dictates-triumph-fail.html

Ok - My real point is.... even Tebow has had success at the NFL season. Yeah, Tucker had the 9th defense in the league one season. Tebow went 8-5 as a starter for the Broncos in 2011 and I don't see anyone campaigning to sign him to any squad.

Oh, cry me a river, nancy.

I care about winning with OFFENSE. Since this team was designed to win with OFFENSE. If the D can get to middle of the road and be top half in pass rush, the Bears are making hay in the playoffs.

I know that OFFENSE is something new to you meatball dead ender rejects, but You'll get used to it soon enough - by then I am sure you and your ilk will be claiming the reason the Bears offense is so good is because they based their offense off Buddy Ryan's 46 defense, but whatever...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
derp... 3 games into the season .... derp..... ill make my decision then......

Making fun of rational intelligent thought as you just did is a surefire sign you are an idiot. Dumb people hate smart people for making them feel stupid, just as you are making fun of me for making a rational point and not having an emotional meltdown as you are.

Not that we needed any proof that you're an idiot. It's as plain as an ass on a goat.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing how the Bears squandered the defense before getting an offense..This is how I see things going.

2014..Keeping Tucker and getting some new players= Bad result cause Tucker sucks and for the most part the new players will be in their rookie year

2015..Bears finally realize Tucker sucks, fire him, and bring in a new guy with a few more new players= Another bad year cause of a new system and more new players

2016..The new system is starting to pay off, but it still isnt in full swing= D rated at 23

2017...The D is now complete and playing well, however our offense is now 4 years older and we need to address that to make the playoffs

And the cycle starts all over again cause the Bears were too slow on pulling the trigger on Tucker in the off season after the 2013 season

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Seeing how the Bears squandered the defense before getting an offense..This is how I see things going.

2014..Keeping Tucker and getting some new players= Bad result cause Tucker sucks and for the most part the new players will be in their rookie year

2015..Bears finally realize Tucker sucks, fire him, and bring in a new guy with a few more new players= Another bad year cause of a new system and more new players

2016..The new system is starting to pay off, but it still isnt in full swing= D rated at 23

2017...The D is now complete and playing well, however our offense is now 4 years older and we need to address that to make the playoffs

And the cycle starts all over again cause the Bears were too slow on pulling the trigger on Tucker in the off season after the 2013 season

ROFL - if this were the old NFL I could see that. But teams can make a quick turnaround. You can rebuild a side of the ball in one year in this NFL, 2 tops. So I think while I am curious to see how Tucker does (and yes, if he still sucks running his system would want him fired), I think if the D just improves 7-10 spots, the offense will be good enough and we will be playoff bound. Any higher than those 7-10 spots is just gravy.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Seriously folks, take a fucking Xanax and go put on an Alshon Jeffrey highlight reel or something...

Unfortunately, a few of the dumb fuckers whining are the same crew that said Alshon Jeffery would suck, because he has a bad attitude and is fat. Just remember the leader of the Alshon is fat jokes, this poster couldn't help making a comment in every thread whether the thread was about Alshon or not. Sound familiar? These are a couple of legendary posters that are nearly always wrong about everything football. I will not name names, but most people know exactly who they are.

:fuckthis: