This Trestman/Tucker shit proves our fandom has too many derps

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, I totally agree, what an awful job the 8 win Packers managed this season, fire your D coordinator, and for that matter the woeful Offense should release Aaron Rodgers immediately as he was directly responsible for that poor performance the O had this year for the Packers. We need a back up anyway.

Rodgers went 6-3 which would equate to about a 11-5 season. Sure he lost a close game to the current NFC champions but with a SB win on his resume he and McCarthy (6/8 playoffs for McCarthy) have earned their jobs.

Trestman took over a 10-6 team. Had a breakout season from Jeffery and managed an 8-8 record which included some very questionable in game decisions. Cut your losses, that's my opinion.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Said credible. Give me a journalist. I like Football Outsiders but that line seems "as many know" was just some ass pull, because if many knew, why is that the only reference out there?

I got references that Tucker ran a 4-3. I also know due to talent that Tucker simplified his defense the year they were #4 in the league. But I haven't seen any coaching tree or person who mattered who called what Tucker ran in Jacksonville or his previous stint in Cleveland a Tampa 2.

Seems to me you just took a throwaway line and ran with it.

Your ass just got steamrolled yet again, and by me of all people. Let's see who the board believes, does the board believe me or does the board believe you. I'll hang up and wait to see if someone will answer whose Mel Tucker's defensive background seems more credible.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mel is part to blame but also is losing lach, multiple injuries and the players who did start failing to maintain their gaps and make tackles. The who mess was a defensive team effort starting at Mel and ending at failures like Cohen

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Your ass just got steamrolled yet again, and by me of all people. Let's see who the board believes, does the board believe me or does the board believe you. I'll hang up and wait to see if someone will answer whose Mel Tucker's defensive background seems more credible.

Whatever you tell yourself and your overinflated ego to sleep at night hack.

Of course, I hit the nail on the head because you got nothing else - you took a one liner and ran with it, like the hack you are, rather than checking other sources to verify if what was said on Football Outsiders is true. NO credible journalist trusts one source implicitly.

You are such a fuck up its hilarious, only to be outdone by how much you try to cover your own ass for your fuckups and try (and always too hard and too desperate) to get others to believe in them too.

rudder

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You nailed it. Only solidifies my point on how clueless these meatballs are.

I think you are the fucking meatball, talking about "doom and gloom" posters, wtf. I'm 45 y/o, was 16 when the Bears won the super bowl...it's been pretty much crap since. When you've seen the Bears make the same mistakes over and over and over and fucking over, it's pretty hard to just sit back and smile as you happily swallow the steaming load of shit they keep feeding you. Glad you find it so easy, I think I'd need some sort of brain injury to not find this move infuriating.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think you are the fucking meatball, talking about "doom and gloom" posters, wtf. I'm 45 y/o, was 16 when the Bears won the super bowl...it's been pretty much crap since. When you've seen the Bears make the same mistakes over and over and over and fucking over, it's pretty hard to just sit back and smile as you happily swallow the steaming load of shit they keep feeding you. Glad you find it so easy, I think I'd need some sort of brain injury to not find this move infuriating.

Not as old as you, but you flexing your war wounds is a sign you're a meatball - its a dead giveaway.

I've seen my share of shit too - started being a fan right before the Wanny and Jauron years, but you don't hear me bitching, because an intelligent person knows that those were different setups, different coaches, different front offices, hell, different team presidents. But I am not going to no more judge Mel Tucker for something Greg Blache did back then than anything else. Heaping past failures on current players, coaches and staff is a sure sign of a meatball idiot.

I am not sold on Tucker, personally, but I also am not out to hang him because there are a LOT of extenuating circumstances here that are far from the norm.

I'll reserve judgement until 3-4 games in next season.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not as old as you, but you flexing your war wounds is a sign you're a meatball - its a dead giveaway.

I've seen my share of shit too - started being a fan right before the Wanny and Jauron years, but you don't hear me bitching, because an intelligent person knows that those were different setups, different coaches, different front offices, hell, different team presidents. But I am not going to no more judge Mel Tucker for something Greg Blache did back then than anything else. Heaping past failures on current players, coaches and staff is a sure sign of a meatball idiot.

I am not sold on Tucker, personally, but I also am not out to hang him because there are a LOT of extenuating circumstances here that are far from the norm.

I'll reserve judgement until 3-4 games in next season.

"We don't hear you bitching"...Well on this website its mainly about reading text and you could fake that all day long. I could guarantee you on your own time you are as pissed and bitching about this move just like the majority of the fans are. Just because you complain about a move the Bears made, it doesnt make you meatball. It actually shows you care about the team and want them to succeed. So you trying to act like a tough guy and calling everyone meatballs is kinda pathetic, because other fans want Tucker gone so the defense could get better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Even though i didn't want Tucker back, he is back so i'm gonna support my team and hope Emery gets the RIGHT players in to play defense.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
"We don't hear you bitching"...Well on this website its mainly about reading text and you could fake that all day long. I could guarantee you on your own time you are as pissed and bitching about this move just like the majority of the fans are. Just because you complain about a move the Bears made, it doesnt make you meatball. It actually shows you care about the team and want them to succeed. So you trying to act like a tough guy and calling everyone meatballs is kinda pathetic, because other fans want Tucker gone so the defense could get better.

Nice try.

Yes, criticism shows you care about a team. No one said Meatballs care or don't care. What makes them (and you) a meatball, is because the things you choose to bitch about are COMPLETELY STUPID AND EMOTIONAL. And when someone tries to reason with you guys, YOU IGNORE REASON AND GET EVEN MORE STUPID AND EMOTIONAL.

So yeah.

Do I want the D to get better? Yes. Do I think Tucker is the guy? Not sure. Got dealt a bad hand and ran something other than his own D this year and didn't have his own positional coaches, not to mention the injuries.

LOT of unusual extenuating circumstances. So NO, I am NOT acting like a petulant little child over the Bears keeping Tucker. I honestly didn't care either way because either side had just as valid an argument. However, the decision has been made, and it is a reasonable expectation to expect the defense to improve enough that we make the playoffs this coming year.

Which at the end of the day, is all ANYONE should be caring about.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, Emery pretty much rebuilt our O in one season too.

I think you can rebuild one side of the ball in one offseason if you so chose. Some try to strengthen both sides, but that usually means while the overall level of the team is raised, the team isn't as dominant on one side of the ball or the other. Only time that really helps is when you already are at the top and maintaining.

Otherwise, better to just go all in on one side of the ball and game plan for that side to carry you that season. Then fix the other side in the upcoming offseason.

I could see a quick turnaround here.

I agree about going all out on one side of the ball per season. It gives that side ( our O ) an extra year , their second, to become even more consistent, smooth, and well oiled in the delivery.

Now if Emery can add two High Quality DLinemen to the roster and draft two big scores in #1 and #2 this upcoming draft we can be looking at that big ass turnaround we saw in the O this year on the D.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Nice try.

Yes, criticism shows you care about a team. No one said Meatballs care or don't care. What makes them (and you) a meatball, is because the things you choose to bitch about are COMPLETELY STUPID AND EMOTIONAL. And when someone tries to reason with you guys, YOU IGNORE REASON AND GET EVEN MORE STUPID AND EMOTIONAL.

So yeah.

Do I want the D to get better? Yes. Do I think Tucker is the guy? Not sure. Got dealt a bad hand and ran something other than his own D this year and didn't have his own positional coaches, not to mention the injuries.

LOT of unusual extenuating circumstances. So NO, I am NOT acting like a petulant little child over the Bears keeping Tucker. I honestly didn't care either way because either side had just as valid an argument. However, the decision has been made, and it is a reasonable expectation to expect the defense to improve enough that we make the playoffs this coming year.

Which at the end of the day, is all ANYONE should be caring about.

So now I am a meatball after one post about Tucker hahahahaha ya why bother to listen to a meatball like you!

If you are okay with everything that has happened, why so many Tucker threads? How many more are you going to post?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I agree about going all out on one side of the ball per season. It gives that side ( our O ) an extra year , their second, to become even more consistent, smooth, and well oiled in the delivery.

Now if Emery can add two High Quality DLinemen to the roster and draft two big scores in #1 and #2 this upcoming draft we can be looking at that big ass turnaround we saw in the O this year on the D.

I think fixing the D line is HUGE. Fixing the line makes everyone behind it better, as it buys them that extra second or two to adjust to a mistake they make and get in a better position, especially on the run.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think fixing the D line is HUGE. Fixing the line makes everyone behind it better, as it buys them that extra second or two to adjust to a mistake they make and get in a better position, especially on the run.

I think Emery gets the idea that it starts with the lines first also.
Angelo always felt that the oline was trivial in pressers, whereas Emery floods a position with replacement battles.

I think Emery is going to bring 4-5 big new bodies to camp for the Dline and let the positional fight begin.

I have far more faith in Emery than I ever had with Angelo. Once Angelo said he had done everything possible to fix the oline that one year, I skipped everything and
anything the dude said after that point.

Emery has a real shot at fixing the D bigtime if he can get that Dline sack and pressure to Top Ten

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think Emery gets the idea that it starts with the lines first also.
Angelo always felt that the oline was trivial in pressers, whereas Emery floods a position with replacement battles.

I think Emery is going to bring 4-5 big new bodies to camp for the Dline and let the positional fight begin.

I have far more faith in Emery than I ever had with Angelo. Once Angelo said he had done everything possible to fix the oline that one year, I skipped everything and
anything the dude said after that point.

Emery has a real shot at fixing the D bigtime if he can get that Dline sack and pressure to Top Ten

I agree. I think they are going to get bigger up front and I also hope they retain David Bass. Other than that, I see no one worth keeping thats out of contract on the D line.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
David Bass was a great pickup. Now if Phil can hit bigtime with the first two picks in the draft on D and in FA we can see a remakable turnaround.

An opposing QB always running for his life and dlinemen jumping up in his face on every play does wonders for the back 7