Thoughts and Observations: Week 2 Seahawks

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
I don't think Nagy is calling the plays but is a lot better coach than I thought. White is non existent which increases his total games played. Burton is as advertised. Trubearski overthrows easy completions but I give him a pass because hes got a gunslinger mentality with the handcuffs on. Mack Trade was the best thing to the happen to the franchise in about 20 years.

jc456

Liked Posts:
We need to shore up our Oline in the next few years. We should have some FA dollars, hopefully someone good becomes available

I've seen this statement far too many times over the last seven years.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to shore up our Oline in the next few years. We should have some FA dollars, hopefully someone good becomes available

Pretty sure that will be the concentration next year. Very few needs, at this exact moment anyway.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thank you for not saying "sure up" like one of those imbecile commentators last night.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fully anticipate that Coward will win the right tackle job next year.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure that will be the concentration next year. Very few needs, at this exact moment anyway.

Weird to say there aren't many needs when at this time for the last few years, there have been so many holes to fill.

Oline could use shoring up, but it's not an emergency. I think we could use a real playmaking corner, but Prince and Fuller are solid enough.

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the roster.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't think Nagy is calling the plays but is a lot better coach than I thought. White is non existent which increases his total games played. Burton is as advertised. Trubearski overthrows easy completions but I give him a pass because hes got a gunslinger mentality with the handcuffs on. Mack Trade was the best thing to the happen to the franchise in about 20 years.

Trubearski overthrows easy completions but I give him a pass because hes got a gunslinger mentality with the handcuffs on.

what does that have to do with missing wide open wr's? How does "gunslinger" = missing wide open wr's? I call it inaccurate.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Coaches.

What are their jobs? If you have never been a coach its not a dude barking orders telling you what to do.

Coaches are paid to grow people. That's what they do. I think we should all appreciate how new this thing is for everyone on the offensive side of the ball and especially for the guy behind center. We paid Matt Nagy to come in here and help groom Mitch. Is it possible we cut Mitch slack and let Nagy do his job?

Mitch is still new to high level football so I do not get too disturbed by his play especially when he does make good passes and reads (obviously mixed in with some unfortunate decisions). You guys are smart enough to realize that the more you do something, the better you get at it because your eyes get trained to the experiences of the past. The familiarity of things allow things to slow down for you so you do not have to panic or press.

Nagy's job is to groom this young man and he has a LONG leash with me in order to do that. The more Mitch plays and more film Nagy has to teach him from that experience, the more progression we will see. That's just how this thing works and those who want Mitch to be throwing 40 TDs by Year 2 are being unrealistic.

My observation after two weeks. The Chicago Bears have led for 1 Hr, 57 Minutes and 21 seconds of football in the two games they have played.

My reaction to this piece of information is first, the Bears are putting themselves in a position to win every game this year. Having a great defense gives you the opportunity to do that. My second reaction is how will this team react and play when they are down by 10-20 points? It will happen at some point so I am curious about the mental toughness of this team to claw themselves back into games when necessary. That is a traditional hallmark of great teams. Not leading wire to wire, but the ability to face deficits, come back and win.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Glad others are mentioning oline so I don't have to.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Kevin White with another goose egg in the targets column. Wims should be dressing over him. In the event, you need to get some PT out of your 4th-5th receiving option, I'd rather it be Wims due to the fact he is locked up for the next 4 years on a dirt cheap contract. Wims you take the chance to develop at this point. That window for White closed 2 seasons ago.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Weird to say there aren't many needs when at this time for the last few years, there have been so many holes to fill.

Oline could use shoring up, but it's not an emergency. I think we could use a real playmaking corner, but Prince and Fuller are solid enough.

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the roster.

Agree, but we need better depth at CB. If Fuller or Prince gets injured, who are we trotting out there? Cooper?

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
what does that have to do with missing wide open wr's? How does "gunslinger" = missing wide open wr's? I call it inaccurate.

Gunslinger mentality . When he can let loose he has an itchy trigger finger therefore he is overthrowing.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Gunslinger mentality . When he can let loose he has an itchy trigger finger therefore he is overthrowing.

Im saying he is handcuffed and maybe they should just let him loose for a game. 4 TD's and 4 interceptions. just do it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not a football genius but I think if you watch the tape he missed a plethora of wide open pass catchers.

so we have between 1 and a plethora....he had 9 incompletions......unless all of them were to wide open receivers I think plethora might be overstated....

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
so we have between 1 and a plethora....he had 9 incompletions......unless all of them were to wide open receivers I think plethora might be overstated....

Okay I was including the GB game too. Plethora is 8 or more. my bad