Thoughts and Observations: Week 2 Seahawks

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Gunslinger mentality . When he can let loose he has an itchy trigger finger therefore he is overthrowing.

OK...so my definition of "gunslinger" is a Qb who accurately slings the ball around the field hitting wr's for big plays i.e. Mahomes, Rodgers, Luck, Watson and back in the day Staubach, Moon, Marino, Stabler, even Jim McMahan just to name a few.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Good thread, seemed penalties slowed the Bears down a bunch , ST were solid again, Nagy was a good hire it looks ,just pray he can help Mitchell develop, I did a lil golf clap on that second TD , seeing him struggle in camp with picks not sure why I expected more.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay I was including the GB game too. Plethora is 8 or more. my bad

You probably should have stated you were counting both games...not what anyone was discussing at the time...

jc456

Liked Posts:
Okay I was including the GB game too. Plethora is 8 or more. my bad

the real outrageous one was the wide open Burton in the end zone against GB. hly fk. dude, no player can get any more wide fking open. and Mitch didn't even look at him right in fking front of him less than 15 yards.

I didn't notice how open until the Monday night crew showed it to us. I laughed and cried.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I went and charted every time that Mitch left the pocket against the Seahawks. It was actually a significant net positive when he decided to bail on the pocket.

In 35 pass plays he left the pocket, non designed, 9 times.

6 positive plays and 3 negative plays.

6 positive plays

1. Leno beat inside quickly, Trubisky avoids sack and completes pass
2. Blitz, 17 yard run
3. Leno late pressure, rolls out and hits Cohen for 17 yards
4. Pressure from he left, rolls hits Miller witha TD pass that is dropped
5. Rolls left and hits Miller for 17 into FG range [illegal formation]
6. Sims gets worked and Mitch runs for 6 yards on 1st down

3 bad plays

1. Horrible role out, did not need to leave, almost INT throw
2. Massie gives up pressure, but recovers and Mitch bails
3. Runs for 8 yards on 3rd and 10 and had Robinson coming across the middle

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy....going back to last yr. he's shown a propensity for missing wide open wr's and don't forget the under thrown pick last night

Robinson is not wide open. He has a step and a better throw is probably a contested completion.

Last night he missed Gabriel who was wide ass open and it was a lay up.

Last year we did not have a single WR that could get open.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the real outrageous one was the wide open Burton in the end zone against GB. hly fk. dude, no player can get any more wide fking open. and Mitch didn't even look at him right in fking front of him less than 15 yards.

I didn't notice how open until the Monday night crew showed it to us. I laughed and cried.

That play was gone over in detail last week by just about every analyst.

He needs to see Burton sooner, but his back is to the play because of play action. Then he looks at Cohen because it is a screen pass. By the time he gets back to Burton he needs to rip the ball or it is a pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hell yeah DENNEHY

ONIONS ONIONS ONIONS ONIONS ONIONS

Someone finally gets it. The greatest Chicago-themed song of all time.

Grew a mustache the size of Mike Ditka's forehead.

jc456

Liked Posts:
That play was gone over in detail last week by just about every analyst.

He needs to see Burton sooner, but his back is to the play because of play action. Then he looks at Cohen because it is a screen pass. By the time he gets back to Burton he needs to rip the ball or it is a pick.

I agree, and what makes him not an average QB. I believe, an average QB hits burton. I'm just saying.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I will give you that one as well.

Although, that one we see air mailed by most QBs from time to time.

how about the first interception, AR had the guy by two steps. threw it short, and had it intercepted.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I agree, and what makes him not an average QB. I believe, an average QB hits burton. I'm just saying.

why else would the national broadcast team show it?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I believe you are wrong.

I think it is one challenging play that he did not make. You can screen shot any QB in any game and make them look like a dumbass. The best QBs in the NFL leave plays all over the field.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I believe you are wrong.

I think it is one challenging play that he did not make. You can screen shot any QB in any game and make them look like a dumbass. The best QBs in the NFL leave plays all over the field.

the national team enjoys showing the bears ones off for us.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
how about the first interception, AR had the guy by two steps. threw it short, and had it intercepted.

He has him by a step and that is hardly wide open. That pass is very commonly not completed and intercepted.

It is a high risk, high reward throw.