Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks Windy good stuff as usual. Mitch on top of his ball early was great to see. I though Nagy could have called it better at the end of the 1st 1/2 and most of the 2nd.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As for Parkey:

Matt Nagy didn’t pause one bit when asked whether the team will look at other kickers this week.

“Oh no,” the Bears coach responded. “There’s zero chance of that.”
According to a source of Bernstein's at Halas Hall, Parkey is out of chances. Next time he is gone

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to a source of Bernstein's at Halas Hall, Parkey is out of chances. Next time he is gone

while I don't necessarily doubt this source....Bernstein hasn't always been correct on his scoops...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
while I don't necessarily doubt this source....Bernstein hasn't always been correct on his scoops...
He is correct more than most on air personalities. We will see.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Special Teams

-This unit in general needs to get it's collective head out of it's ass.

-Cody Parkey should be replaced, he will not be, but yesterday was unacceptable and when you add it to the fact that he hasn't been good before that and at some point he is going to cost the Bears a game they need to have.

-The onside kick is unacceptable. Idiotic penalty by Miller, and then a lame effort on the next one.

-Every kick to the endzone was brought out to the 30, that is unacceptable.

explain the rule on the onsite kick Miller swatted out of bounds. How is it a possession foul when he didn't have possession.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I also thought the Miller play on the onside kick was a good play ( and looked funny too), but it’s dumb that it’s a penalty. Should just spot it where it was batted.

I am more upset that he was not more aware of the situation.

The penalty flag flew immediately when the ball was kicked and it was on his side. He should have noticed it and realized that it was, in effect, a free play and go for the ball. Even if the other team recovers, it was going to be a do-over.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I really do not think they need a special RB.

I am the biggest worrier on the board and I am not concerned about the "holes" they need to fill.

They need a RB with more speed and burst that can bounce runs.

I am looking at it as more of an Eddie Jackson effect. Find a RB who fell into the late 5th or 6th because of injury if someone special doesn´t fall to the 3rd.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
explain the rule on the onsite kick Miller swatted out of bounds. How is it a possession foul when he didn't have possession.

can't bat a ball forward

It is an illegal bat if:
a) any player bats or punches a loose ball in the field of play toward his opponent's goal line
b) any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone
c) an offensive player bats a backward pass in flight toward his opponent's goal line

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why haven't we been able to find one since we let Gould go then

I never said that all UDFAs are good. I said that you can find them as UDFAs, Gould being an example.

Going further, I looked up the top 10 in career field goal percentage (Pro Football Reference)

1. Justin Tucker - UDFA
2. Chris Boswell - UDFA
3.Steven Hauschka - UDFA
4. Dan Bailey - UDFA
5. Stephen Gostkowski - 4th round
6. Robbie Gould - UDFA
7. Mike Vanderjagt - UDFA (drafted in CFL)
8. Nate Kaeding - 3rd round
9.Matt Bryant - UDFA
10. Kai Forbath - UDFA

See a trend?

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Mack's sack where he dipped a shoulder and finessed the first blocker then knocked the second one on his ass with power - a showcase of all he can do.

Smith has improved every week. His tackles are violent but clean and within the rules.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;8rCUDpLB1VA]https://youtu.be/8rCUDpLB1VA?t=434[/video]

7:14 mark

He gave up a first down to a shifty RB for like 12 yards, so what? He also forced him OOB, nobody cleaned up after him. I’d hardly call that a big play. How many 10+hardest did the CBS give up?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They will give Parkey a chance to clean up his mess but I think he'll be on a short leash.

Bob LeGere
@BobLeGere
#Bears coach Matt Nagy reiterates team will not try out kickers but there's "a possibility" PK Cody Parkey could go down to Soldier Field during the week to practice.

10:52 AM - Nov 12, 2018

With all the Trubs and AR12 and R.Pace and K.Mack talk today i can't believe A.Miller hasn't been talked about more today. He had his best game as a pro but as windy said he needs to slow down with the attitude shit on the field. He got into it a couple of times with Lions players. One time he pushed one and the Lions player was waiving his arms to the refs looking for a flag but i guess no ref saw it and then one time on the sidelines after a play he got into it when Trubs got pushed late out of bounds which i love sticking up for your QB but ya gotta be careful and then he got the flag for spinning the ball which was stupid. Huge fan of the kid but can't get bad penalties that could hurt the team getting a win.

Kevin Fishbain

@kfishbain
An official told Matt Nagy that Anthony Miller was flagged for spinning the ball because it went toward the opponent, but Nagy notes that in slow motion, the reason it did was because the ball ricocheted off Miller’s knee when he spun it.

How’s that for day-after film breakdown?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You cannot bat a ball forward purposely to advance the ball. Straight out or back is fine.

It was a lazy play by him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You cannot bat a ball forward purposely to advance the ball. Straight out or back is fine.

It was a lazy play by him.

I don't think it was lazy, I think it was rookie....I have some adjectives for Miller...lazy isn't one of them

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I loved Mack's sack where he dipped a shoulder and finessed the first blocker then knocked the second one on his ass with power - a showcase of all he can do.

Smith has improved every week. His tackles are violent but clean and within the rules.

Adam Jahns

@adamjahns
Lost in all the hoopla that was Mitch Trubisky's big day, Allen Robinson's big day and Khalil Mack's big day was Roquan Smith's big day. He led the #Bears again in tackles with 10, had a sack on a blitz and made a PBU. He's getting better, too.

6:37 AM - Nov 12, 2018

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns

@adamjahns
Lost in all the hoopla that was Mitch Trubisky's big day, Allen Robinson's big day and Khalil Mack's big day was Roquan Smith's big day. He led the #Bears again in tackles with 10, had a sack on a blitz and made a PBU. He's getting better, too.

6:37 AM - Nov 12, 2018

Looks like we have a 1st rounder that may work out well