To you prospects lovers

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keeping Utley, Rollins, and Howard allowed Philly to stockpile spects so they could make those trades without hurting their organization.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Victorino not PHI spec...he was RULE V DRAFT......

Cubs also have there own guys...Z,Soto,Castro,Colvin,Marmol,Marshall,Wood. PHI then spent money around there guys. So why cant the Cubs?

Ok.. So was wrong about one guy kind of... So what if he was rule 5 anyway?

You think any of those players you listed are at the level of Rollins, Howard, and Utley?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keeping Utley, Rollins, and Howard allowed Philly to stockpile spects so they could make those trades without hurting their organization.

That's the whole point in this..

The point the Cubs are at right now..

Castro, Cashner and Colvin are up. All with pretty high potential ceilings.

Hak Ju Lee, Carpenter, Archer, McNutt also have been pretty good and have decent ceilings.

There's no point in spending a shitload now and blocking spots when we have drafted and scouted better in the last years since Wilken has been with us.

Give the kids a shot.. It may be easier for us to spend when we need one or two full all star caliber players for a World Series run. Instead of hampering our spending to just make the playoffs again.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Rosenthal was suggesting that you should always trade your prospects.

Im not saying always either. Im saying to make your MLB team better you have to trade prospects. Greinke would make MLB team better NOW and FUTURE more then 4 prospects

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not saying always either. Im saying to make your MLB team better you have to trade prospects. Greinke would make MLB team better NOW and FUTURE more then 4 prospects

Well.. With a guy like Halladay I would say that..

With Greinke thats not a guarantee at all with some of his past mental issues.. He may not do well in a large market.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really recall him ever saying that..

Considering he's mainly a reporter.

No, he never did but what this whole thread is based on is Rosenthal saying the point is to win the World Series in that story.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he never did but what this whole thread is based on is Rosenthal saying the point is to win the World Series in that story.

The point is to win the World Series.

There are different ways of getting to that point.. If its a well developed franchise.. It may happen more than once in a close period of time..

That's what my ideas are trying to do..

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
The point is to win the World Series.

There are different ways of getting to that point.. If its a well developed franchise.. It may happen more than once in a close period of time..

That's what my ideas are trying to do..

Definitely... That statement was spun way out of context.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely... That statement was spun way out of context.

Completely agree

I think the Cubs can support a slightly higher payroll.. 160 ish would be supportable.. That's probably the max with having to do millions in Wrigley repairs every year costing 10-20 mill an offseason.. Plus paying all the staff.

We make plenty of cash.. It just needs to be spent wisely when it comes to player acquisition.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
cards and reds are still pretty dang good

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cards and CIN are good but i think MIL power offense and with these 4 SP will win division now.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Brewers have WON more WS in the last 102 years then the Cubs. Mil has been better lately. Made playoffs just 2 or 3 years ago.

Actually, the Milwaukee Brewers were founded in 1969 as the Seattle Pilots and became the Milwaukee Brewers for the 1970 season. And they have NEVER won a World Series, so stop pulling shit out of your ass and stop wasting our time with fake shit. :nelson: