Today the most important day for Theo Epstein?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
but many experts, not the experts we have here, were :fap:ing to the pick a couple nights ago.

And most of those experts livelihood is based on :fap:ing every and all prospects.

An entire industry has been created by overhyping all prospects and very few people understand how many of these overhyped prospects bust.

Two years ago everyone was :fap:ing over Bubba Starling and now there is probably a better chance he plays QB at Nebraska before OF for the Kansas City Royals.

but anyone drawing up a future lineup based on guys below AA is crazy.

And yet there is already one person placing four players below AA in the major league lineup in two years.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I defintiely believe the Cubs haven't used the draft to their advantage to get those fireballers in the draft over the last two years.

Exactly.

They could have had both Appel and Gray to add to Shark and Garza and also my personal belief that they should have held onto Cashner.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The best arguement has been that Bryant could play 155 games to Gray's 35 starts. But it's much more difficult to get that legit powerful young arm than it is to find a thirty homerun guy.

just wondering.. why is it ok for you to feel that gray will be able to contribute 35 starts and be a legit powerful arm but some cant say that Bryant will be able to contribute and be a legit power bat ?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
just wondering.. why is it ok for you to feel that gray will be able to contribute 35 starts and be a legit powerful arm but some cant say that Bryant will be able to contribute and be a legit power bat ?

Um, he DID say that Bryant would be playing 155 games compared to Gray's 35.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of the experts have stated that Gray should have been the pick over Bryant. That includes Mayo, Callis, MLB Network.

In this day in age most of the elite young pitching is drafted and signed to extensions by their parent ballclubs, never reaching the free agent market.

The best way to get a young arm is to take a chance in th draft at getting one. Which the Cubs once again failed at doing by passing on Gray.

The best arguement has been that Bryant could play 155 games to Gray's 35 starts. But it's much more difficult to get that legit powerful young arm than it is to find a thirty homerun guy.

I defintiely believe the Cubs haven't used the draft to their advantage to get those fireballers in the draft over the last two years.

The only guy without any real questions was the guy taken first overall in this draft. Gray could just be a reliever if he can't develop a major league change or third offering. It will be interesting to see how this will play out. One advantage the Cubs have with taking Bryant over Gray is that they don't really have to limit his workload once signed which will hopefully be quick despite Boras.

Ultimately we will find out if the front office was right or not. I am not pencilling Bryant in a major league lineup, and I am definitely not penciling him in at 3B right now. I like the pick based on his skill set of patience and power. Now we have to wait and see if they were right.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

I made a comparison. Please re-read what I had written.

A one hundred mile per hour fastball is legit and can translate to the ML field immediately, where his fastball will be one hundred miles per hour. It doesn't lie.

Bryant's batting statistics probably will not be the same as they were in college at the ML level.

A pitcher brings much more tangible evidence to the table. From there it's durability, brains, and control.

Those are my thoughts.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
The only guy without any real questions was the guy taken first overall in this draft. Gray could just be a reliever if he can't develop a major league change or third offering. It will be interesting to see how this will play out. One advantage the Cubs have with taking Bryant over Gray is that they don't really have to limit his workload once signed which will hopefully be quick despite Boras.

Ultimately we will find out if the front office was right or not. I am not pencilling Bryant in a major league lineup, and I am definitely not penciling him in at 3B right now. I like the pick based on his skill set of patience and power. Now we have to wait and see if they were right.

Agreed. Very good points made.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

They could have had both Appel and Gray to add to Shark and Garza and also my personal belief that they should have held onto Cashner.

Those five right there make my nipples hard wondering what that would be like to have on the mound every start.

Would have been very interesting to watch develop to say the least.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fai enough.. I did read this part wrong, thought you were saying he couldnt hit 30+ HR

But it's much more difficult to get that legit powerful young arm than it is to find a thirty homerun guy.

A one hundred mile per hour fastball is legit and can translate to the ML field immediately, where his fastball will be one hundred miles per hour. It doesn't lie.

Bryant's batting statistics probably will not be the same as they were in college at the ML level.

I agree with what your saying, but it goes both ways with kids out of college.. Its just a matter of which ones are able to make adjustments and be able to escalate their games to a higher level..
just as hitting 30 Hrs in college dont automatically translate into being able to do so in the pros, just because you can hit the radar at 100 occasionally, sure it shows you can do it, but it doesnt mean your going to be able to control it and be successful with it in the pros as a starter..
seen quite a few guys get lit up over the years that can throw hard, need to be able to control it and have other pitches working if your going to be a starter, ML hitters can hit fastballs after seeing it a couple times.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Fai enough.. I did read this part wrong, thought you were saying he couldnt hit 30+ HR

But it's much more difficult to get that legit powerful young arm than it is to find a thirty homerun guy.

I agree with what your saying, but it goes both ways with kids out of college.. Its just a matter of which ones are able to make adjustments and be able to escalate their games to a higher level..
just as hitting 30 Hrs in college dont automatically translate into being able to do so in the pros, just because you can hit the radar at 100 occasionally, sure it shows you can do it, but it doesnt mean your going to be able to control it and be successful with it in the pros as a starter..
seen quite a few guys get lit up over the years that can throw hard, need to be able to control it and have other pitches working if your going to be a starter, ML hitters can hit fastballs after seeing it a couple times.

Not quite sure why you would respond by basicly saying the same things I did and wording it differently.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Wrong. As evidenced here your intention was to stalk and troll mainly KB.

It is in writing here. Go back and look at your posts.

There are PLENTY of other "active" message boards. If you felt the need to report, nearly one thousand of KB and my posts at CBS in short of a six month timeframe and were a miserable victim there, why the hell would you follow us here ?

How many posts have I reported here on this board? I am sure the mod will help you verify that I haven't reported a single post. Keep the discussions civil and I won't have to. Start up the racist rants against the jewish and mentally handicapped and that will change. Start with calling people (not statements or ideas) idiots, morons and Special person, that will change. It's known as responsibility and suffering the consequences for your own actions. I teach these things to my kids, and would hope adults, even on the internet, would be able to follow suit.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
And yet there is already one person placing four players below AA in the major league lineup in two years.

It is a projection, not the fucking 10 commandments.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
I made a comparison. Please re-read what I had written.

A pitcher brings much more tangible evidence to the table. From there it's durability, brains, and control.

Those are my thoughts.

Arodys Vizcaino has been clocked at 101. How do you feel about him?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Arodys Vizcaino has been clocked at 101. How do you feel about him?

On what planet???

Jesus, I have never seen one person over hype and exaggerate every single prospect alive even half as much as you do.

I have NEVER read a scouting report that says Vizcaino can hit triple digits.

I've read many that say he hits mid 90's and I have even read some that have him listed in the low 90's, but none that said he throws triple digits.

And most scouting reports project him as a #3 starter or late inning reliever.

But to hear you talk, he will be an ace and consistent Cy Young contender.

Of course you will probably find a scouting report from an 'expert' who is actually a bartender at a curling club in Canada or something equally ridiculous to 'prove' me wrong.

How do I feel about him??

I feel it will be at least 18 months at the earliest after he was traded for that he will throw an actual competitive pitch in the Cubs organization.

Last edited:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
How many posts have I reported here on this board? I am sure the mod will help you verify that I haven't reported a single post. Keep the discussions civil and I won't have to. Start up the racist rants against the jewish and mentally handicapped and that will change. Start with calling people (not statements or ideas) idiots, morons and Special person, that will change. It's known as responsibility and suffering the consequences for your own actions. I teach these things to my kids, and would hope adults, even on the internet, would be able to follow suit.

Who gives a fuck.

We know why you are here.

You are an idiot, stalker, and a troll.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
I have NEVER read a scouting report that says Vizcaino can hit triple digits.

Go google Arodys Vizcaino and 100mph. There are plenty of references there.

Straight from Salami:

Crow???

Willrust

Liked Posts:
No it isn't. It is a fairy tale.

Projections are based on reality, not on the best case scenario.

Have you ever read a top 10 prospect report from Baseball America? It's all projection based upon best case scenario!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Go google Arodys Vizcaino and 100mph. There are plenty of references there.

I knew your ignorance would not disappoint!

So I did as you suggested and Googled Arodys Vizcaino and 100mph and here is what I found......

A link to his wikipedia page that lists he was clocked at 101 mph and uses as a reference a link to an article in the local Atlanta newspaper that is no longer active.

A link to a post on a Yankees message board by a poster named drgoofy that said he throws 100 mph.

So a non existent newspaper article and a post by someone named drgoofy are your expert references??

This almost tops your claim that a Canadian bartender is a baseball expert.

Straight from Salami:

Crow???

Salami was talking about Jonathan Gray not Arodys Vizcaino you halfwit.

Last edited: