Today the most important day for Theo Epstein?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
If he ends up as good as Mark Reynolds, I'd be okay with it.

Not me.

Mark Reynolds is fine as a short term stop gap that only costs money and a definite improvement over what the team has now.

But dumping an entire season in order to get the #2 pick, Bryant needs to be at least Evan Longoria and there is not a very good chance of that happening.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Is there an adult thread on the draft?

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately common sense tells me that a low BA for an 'elite' college player against weak competition and questions about his ability to make consistent contact and a very long swing translates to big time struggles as a pro.

You see the floor with Bryant, I see the potential. Can't guarantee that he will live up to his potential, but I sure can hope.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
I can say with great accuracy that the dumbass reported over three hundred of my posts within a six-month time frame.That would have been almost every one.

I would hate to guess how many of KB's within that timeframe.

He would be banned from just about everywhere else for doing that.

CBS mods weren't anywhere close to being as good as the ones here.

I know you won't believe me, but the only posts I ever reported were the ones that targeted me personally, ie calling me and idiot, moron and so on. If you don't agree with something that I write, call the statement stupid, but don't attack me personally. There is no reason we cannot be civil in our arguments.

Reactions: X

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Really wanted Gray. The kid may have been able to step into the closer role right away on this pathetic team, just for starters.

Several people are speculating that the Cubs wanted Appel and took extra time before announcing Bryant. Could have been that Gray's demands were greater than Bryant, or he could have told Cubs he wouldn't sign with them. Or, Cubs could have have Bryant rated higher and just wanted to make sure they could meet his demands. We will likely never know.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When you start a sticky thread claiming all things Ricketts/Theo need to be placed here........

It definitely points the finger at a few of us that are making our points backed with factual evidence most of the time.

I wonder if you have skipped over others posts just to read ours. Which I don't blame you because the group here from CBS is very opinionated, intelligent,, mostly rational, and to be honest very entertaining.

As you can see willrust gets bashed quite often. But there is a reason why he voluntarily came here. It's because he loves it. So keep that in mind.

The main point of my response to you is that there are no hard feelings. It is just a message board and you seem to be a stand up guy. Hope I've been able to enlighten you a bit.

Fair. I don't have hard feelings towards anybody on here. We all have our opinions. Hell, Dews (white sox mod) can tell you, he and I use to bitch back and forth constantly on here...once we realized the approach the other person took, and the side of the fence they're on on most issues, we get along well. I don't feel as if I've been enlightened a whole lot, but I've definitely been entertained. :eek:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know you won't believe me, but the only posts I ever reported were the ones that targeted me personally, ie calling me and idiot, moron and so on. If you don't agree with something that I write, call the statement stupid, but don't attack me personally. There is no reason we cannot be civil in our arguments.

For what it's worth, to everyone who reads this....this won't be tolerated here, either. Whether it's reported or not, there's no need for the immaturity.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And most of those players are never successful at the major league level, even those drafted in the first round.

That is the reality of the situation.

This isn't the NFL where your top 5 picks often make the Pro Bowl or better. This is baseball where only a very small percentage of even the high draft picks become above average major league players.
Nothing is guaranteed. Just saying the guy seems really talented to me. He was nearly in everyones top 3 or 4 mock in this draft and yeah they all new that he didnt face the greatest competition either.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Not me.

Mark Reynolds is fine as a short term stop gap that only costs money and a definite improvement over what the team has now.

But dumping an entire season in order to get the #2 pick, Bryant needs to be at least Evan Longoria and there is not a very good chance of that happening.

You are absolutely 100% correct. I'm trying to be "nice" and cut them some slack.

I guess I'm not very good at it. I haven't gotten laid for a week and a half so I may be softening a bit.

:beer:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

That is a lie. Imagine that.

I can safely say that maybe five percent of my posts actually were responding to you personally. The biggest problem is what you complain about you do yourself. I don't care if it was a hundred times or ten thousand or what your reasoning for it was.

The ONLY reason you came here is to fuel your fetish with KB and I. You are our personal stalker and troll.

That is a FACT that can't be argued.

To enlighten you even further.There was plenty of work going on behind the scenes. I actually requested and received a report from CBS on your posting activity before they shut down the message boards. It lists EVERY post you reported. You are not as smart as you might have thought afterall.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
That is a lie. Imagine that.

I can safely say that maybe five percent of my posts actually were responding to you personally. The biggest problem is what you complain about you do yourself. I don't care if it was a hundred times or ten thousand or what your reasoning for it was.

The ONLY reason you came here is to fuel your fetish with KB and I. You are our personal stalker and troll.

That is a FACT that can't be argued.

To enlighten you even further.There was plenty of work going on behind the scenes. I actually requested and received a report from CBS on your posting activity before they shut down the message boards. It lists EVERY post you reported. You were not as smart as you might have thought afterall.

Came to this site to talk Cubs on an active message board.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Came to this site to talk Cubs on an active message board.

Wrong. As evidenced here your intention was to stalk and troll mainly KB.

It is in writing here. Go back and look at your posts.

There are PLENTY of other "active" message boards. If you felt the need to report, nearly one thousand of KB and my posts at CBS in short of a six month timeframe and were a miserable victim there, why the hell would you follow us here ?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
If you felt the need to report, nearly one thousand of KB and my posts at CBS in short of a six month timeframe and were a miserable victim there

I am almost speechless that a grown man would be so fragile and delicate that he would get all butt-hurt over anything a total stranger said to him on an internet message board.

Wow. Just wow.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
You see the floor with Bryant, I see the potential.

Wrong.

I see the BOTH the floor and his potential. You only see best case scenario as you do with all prospects.

But you have consistently demonstrated you are incapable of grasping the meaning of both.

I am the only person here to mention his weaknesses or floor in his future.

If it wasn't for me, everyone here would already have him batting clean up and in five straight All Star Games.

However reality (no matter how much you ignore it) dictates that there is a better chance he never reaches the majors than makes five straight All Star Games.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I am the only person here to mention his weaknesses or floor in his future.

If it wasn't for me, everyone here would already have him batting clean up and in five straight All Star Games.

However reality (no matter how much you ignore it) dictates that there is a better chance he never reaches the majors than makes five straight All Star Games.

^This.

Its ok to be excited, but some of the proclamations here are too short-sighted. Like I said, I take it from day one, let him sign, let him play in AA or what have you.....and if he continues a tear, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd prefer McThoyer not to wait in signing him.....what's the old saying? "Theres no day like today?"

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not ready to annoint him 4th in the line up prepped for 40+ bombs like some have with Rizzo.....I want to see him adjust, then readjust, then readjust again, and again when pitching changes up on him. He does, I'll buy a jersey.....

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
There has been more than one poster in this thread to make the point that Bryant is capable of failingt to become just a major leaguer much less an impact player. There are legitimate questions about the bat and especially the glove, but many experts, not the experts we have here, were :fap:ing to the pick a couple nights ago. As I've said I understand the rationale behind the pick. I think there is reason for optimism in it, but anyone drawing up a future lineup based on guys below AA is crazy.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
There has been more than one poster in this thread to make the point that Bryant is capable of failingt to become just a major leaguer much less an impact player. There are legitimate questions about the bat and especially the glove, but many experts, not the experts we have here, were :fap:ing to the pick a couple nights ago. As I've said I understand the rationale behind the pick. I think there is reason for optimism in it, but anyone drawing up a future lineup based on guys below AA is crazy.

Most of the experts have stated that Gray should have been the pick over Bryant. That includes Mayo, Callis, MLB Network.

In this day in age most of the elite young pitching is drafted and signed to extensions by their parent ballclubs, never reaching the free agent market.

The best way to get a young arm is to take a chance in th draft at getting one. Which the Cubs once again failed at doing by passing on Gray.

The best arguement has been that Bryant could play 155 games to Gray's 35 starts. But it's much more difficult to get that legit powerful young arm than it is to find a thirty homerun guy.

I defintiely believe the Cubs haven't used the draft to their advantage to get those fireballers in the draft over the last two years.