Trade news before season

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And Mingo is a colossal bust too. Typical Brown's pick from the prior regimes. Wonder if Houston swings a trade for Tunsil now

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s real cheap for Clowney. Would have gladly dealt Floyd + mid round pick for him.

Bears likely couldn't afford his contract. That said, if Floyd has a monster season(by benefitting off all the other defensive talent) he could drive his price tag up too high. Pace could get a decent package back for him next off-season.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Bears likely couldn't afford his contract. That said, if Floyd has a monster season(by benefitting off all the other defensive talent) he could drive his price tag up too high. Pace could get a decent package back for him next off-season.
Yeah Floyd won’t be cheap.

I do think the Bears could justify a 1-year Clowney rental though. Bears need to be aggressive while the young talent is on their draft deals.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard he wants Mack/Donald money..... which is fucking laughable IMO.

I honestly was looking at Clowney's numbers and they are quite underwhelming. I was expecting at least 30+ sacks by now and a couple of TDs but he only has 29 sacks and just one td. If he really is asking for Mack and Donald money he might want to get his head checked. He is only 26 so im guessing the Seahawks are banking on his upside

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I honestly was looking at Clowney's numbers and they are quite underwhelming. I was expecting at least 30+ sacks by now and a couple of TDs but he only has 29 sacks and just one td. If he really is asking for Mack and Donald money he might want to get his head checked. He is only 26 so im guessing the Seahawks are banking on his upside

Clowney plays all over the field his 9 sacks is extremely impressive considering what was asked from him with the Texans. Clowney plays a wide 9 , 5 technique, 3 tech, ILB, DT, and OLB. Clowney does some things that even Khalil Mack can't do not saying he's a better player but Clowney can be a pro bowler in multiple different positions and he's used as needed if they want him to shut a RB like David Johnson down he can do it.

JJ Watt is going to get most of the sacks because that is how the Texans run the defense but Clowney can have 15-20 sack seasons.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Texans are a train wreck.

You could not have bbutchered this more

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Houston traded for Carlos Hyde. Man Houston front office is having a rough day.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Texans really are fucking morons. They could have waited him out and traded him next year for considerably more. Halfwits.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Feel bad for Deshaun. He’s gonna get ruined by this incompetence and he probably knows it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Houston traded for Carlos Hyde. Man Houston front office is having a rough day.
That is fucking brutal lol. Hyde has been on what 3 teams in the last 5 years? He is garbage at this point.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That is fucking brutal lol. Hyde has been on what 3 teams in the last 5 years? He is garbage at this point.
Every rotoworld report on him this preseason had him getting cut by the Chiefs.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It’s a ‘steal’ of a deal for one year but imo what are the Seahawks doing??? You gave up draft capitol for a 1 year rental player. The Seahawks are trying to win now but imo their roster is not at that point.

Why pay Clowney top end money on a long term deal? They just got rid of frank clark because they didn’t want to pay him. Why the hell pay Clowney? The Seahawks need an edge rusher.

This deal makes no sense to me unless the Seahawks really believe Clowney was the missing piece.