Trade news before season

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
also have the fact the Bears finished last 4 years in a row, a feet that only the Bears have managed to accomplish in the NFC North.

doink doink
Sadly for you that's old history and all you have to hang your hat on. How's that Matt Patricia thingy working?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That would be a bad idea unless Davis wanted it to happen. Could potentially damage future free agent prospects into signing here

The fuck? For trading a backup player for a draft pick at a time when he could be worth more than he actually should be? Ugh, that is just smart GMing IMO. The NFL is after all a business.
It will be funny watching Bears fans this year when there turnover ratio and injury rate come back to the norm and they realize last year was mainly a product of luck. There is a reason no one is picking you to win the SB, or hardly anyone picking you to win the division even, your not all that.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. This man called the formation of the #1 defense in the NFL a product of luck? I guess when you're a Detroit Lions fan you have to believe its luck. Considering you've never witnessed what good drafting and free agency moves create over a span of a few years. Oh, and the fact we have coaches worth a shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Better to have a QB in his 3rd year you hope can be franchise material than a QB in his 10th year who you know isn't.

Why did this nerd skip over my comment.

Its the only one that matters. Mitch might not be good right now but at least he has promise. Shit he showed more than stafford did in two seasons.

Stafford is just a flaming trashcan full of stats. He's a QB going on his 10th year with decent stats but no ability to win at all.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The fuck? For trading a backup player for a draft pick at a time when he could be worth more than he actually should be? Ugh, that is just smart GMing IMO. The NFL is after all a business.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. This man called the formation of the #1 defense in the NFL a product of luck? I guess when you're a Detroit Lions fan you have to believe its luck. Considering you've never witnessed what good drafting and free agency moves create over a span of a few years. Oh, and the fact we have coaches worth a shit.

It was also luck that the only touchdown stafford threw on thanksgiving was to the navy and orange.

Wait nvm, he was just that good.

5k yards fam.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Keep arguing with Lions fans......but a huge trade is going down. Clowney is a Seahawk pending physicals of him and other unnamed players

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact he has to go all the way back to the literal footnote in Bears history that is Mike Glennon to find some ammunition...is insanely entertaining to me. "Awww shit, they don't suck anymore. Let me talk about when they used to be a dumpster fire then." Reaching into the past has to be a time honored tradition as a Lions fan I suppose. Because their future doesn't signal hope.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Could have been worse, they could have picked up Glennon for 18 mill.........oops
Actually we could have had Matt Millen be our GM. That is the worst!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Clowney was traded to the Seahawks per Jay Glazer.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keep arguing with Lions fans......but a huge trade is going down. Clowney is a Seahawk pending physicals of him and other unnamed players

I mean I don't see why we can't talk about both. If the trade goes through I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion about its impact to the NFC.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Can we at least get a halfway intelligent Lions fan to join this forum? This thread is more pitiful than the past 50+ years of Lions futility...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Depends on both cost of draft picks players and salary involved. They definitely aren’t getting Mack pedigree of talent here
Exactly. They’re getting a very good player but not a game wrecker like we did in Mack. It just seems counter productive to what should be priority #1 in Seattle (getting Wilson a line and some weapons)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not good business go sign free agents & then trade them in just a few months against their wishes. This isn't Madden

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If I was a Seahawks fan I don’t think I would like this trade

Nah, I'd hate it if I was a Texans fan. They are supposed to be a contender and traded away a potential all-pro pass rusher. Granted, they do have other guys, but depending on who they got back, they still don't have enough protection for Watson (who has been sacked more than any QB) and the division just opened wide up with Luck retiring.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not good business go sign free agents & then trade them in just a few months against their wishes. This isn't Madden

You're actually implying that trading away ONE free agent player is suddenly going to destroy a reputation and culture Pace has established in the past 5 years? Okay bud.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Exactly. They’re getting a very good player but not a game wrecker like we did in Mack. It just seems counter productive to what should be priority #1 in Seattle (getting Wilson a line and some weapons)

Their oline is a tragic mess. Not sure to be honest if they addressed those issues