Trade news before season

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nah, I'd hate it if I was a Texans fan. They are supposed to be a contender and traded away a potential all-pro pass rusher. Granted, they do have other guys, but depending on who they got back, they still don't have enough protection for Watson (who has been sacked more than any QB) and the division just opened wide up with Luck retiring.
Both teams need lines and I assume Seattle is going to fork over some significant draft capital. Yes in the short term it’s not smart for Houston because they are locks in the AFCS but this is definitely a long term forward thinking decision to help Deshaun.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Exactly. They’re getting a very good player but not a game wrecker like we did in Mack. It just seems counter productive to what should be priority #1 in Seattle (getting Wilson a line and some weapons)

The person you quoted mentioned pedigree, and Clowney definitely has the pedigree that Mack has. He hasn't quite put it all together, but he very well could be a game wrecker. Still just 26. 18.5 sacks in the last 2 years. And Seattle has a pretty good history under Carroll of getting the best out of pass rushers. Guys like Clemons, Irvin, Clark, Bennett have had their best sack numbers in Seattle.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Both teams need lines and I assume Seattle is going to fork over some significant draft capital. Yes in the short term it’s not smart for Houston because they are locks in the AFCS but this is definitely a long term forward thinking decision to help Deshaun.

Yeah, but if they aren't going to get a LT somewhere in the next 3 days....then they are risking Deshaun's future by putting him out there this year for a team that's probably not good enough to win the AFC. I still think they may not be done, but it's iffy right now.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're actually implying that trading away ONE free agent player is suddenly going to destroy a reputation and culture Pace has established in the past 5 years? Okay bud.

You don't think agents wouldn't notice this?
Get back to me if you can find any instance of this ever happening in which the player didn't ask for the trade. It's quite rare

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The person you quoted mentioned pedigree, and Clowney definitely has the pedigree that Mack has. He hasn't quite put it all together, but he very well could be a game wrecker. Still just 26. 18.5 sacks in the last 2 years. And Seattle has a pretty good history under Carroll of getting the best out of pass rushers. Guys like Clemons, Irvin, Clark, Bennett have had their best sack numbers in Seattle.

I hate to start talking subjective terms though. Everyone has a different interpretation of it. For instance to me Clowney is not on the same level as a Khalil Mack in pedigree. Mack is Tier 1 game wrecker and Clowney is a tier 2 player for me.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't think agents wouldn't notice this?
Get back to me if you can find any instance of this ever happening in which the player didn't ask for the trade. It's quite rare

I don't know why you're asking obvious questions. Every single agent notices the NFL landscape. That isn't the point at all. You're implying a single trade would wreck 5 years worth of culture and reputation Pace established. Which is ridiculous. No matter how you paint it. Oh by the way, for a backup level player at THE most replaceable position in the league.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I hate to start talking subjective terms though. Everyone has a different interpretation of it. For instance to me Clowney is not on the same level as a Khalil Mack in pedigree. Mack is Tier 1 game wrecker and Clowney is a tier 2 player for me.

Yeah, i agree with that. By pedigree, i meant that Clowney was probably the top defensive prospect I've seen in the last 5 years. He has more natural ability and talent than Mack, but is not near the player that Mack is.....which could still be a really good player.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know why you're asking obvious questions. Every single agent notices the NFL landscape. That isn't the point at all. You're implying a single trade would wreck 5 years worth of culture and reputation Pace established. Which is ridiculous. No matter how you paint it. Oh by the way, for a backup level player at THE most replaceable position in the league.

It wouldn't wreck it; but it would be a conversation with agents for a bit. I think you're getting a bit hyperbolic with this but again, please find how common this is and when you figure out why it isn't, posts your thoughts accordingly.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, i agree with that. By pedigree, i meant that Clowney was probably the top defensive prospect I've seen in the last 5 years. He has more natural ability and talent than Mack, but is not near the player that Mack is.....which could still be a really good player.

Okay I can agree with that interpretation of pedigree too. Hard to argue against it. Ever since he came out of college he carried that high pedigree.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wouldn't wreck it; but it would be a conversation with agents for a bit. I think you're getting a bit hyperbolic with this but again, please find how common this is and when you figure out why it isn't, posts your thoughts accordingly.

I have no problem admitting you're right on the point you're making. Just saying how I view it if such a trade did happen.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have no problem admitting you're right on the point you're making. Just saying how I view it if such a trade did happen.

I would love to see a trade like that, Pace could find a similar player on the scrap heap. Just don't think it'll happen.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Texans are only getting a 3rd and 2 defensive players. What a steal for Seattle.