Trade news before season

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Go do line cook stuff, footballing is not your forte.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears had to pay Mack a massive salary. Tunsil is a bargain price for the next two years and is emerging as one of the best LT in the game. Kind of a necessity when your franchise is relying on Watson and dont want him to get killed.
He isn’t exactly going to be cheap next year on the 5th year option and he has a fuck ton of leverage.

Also, he’s had one good year. For Texans sake that better continue.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isn’t exactly going to be cheap next year on the 5th year option and he has a fuck ton of leverage.

Also, he’s had one good year. For Texans sake that better continue.
A little over 2 million this year and a massive upgrade from anything the Texans have on their team.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little over 2 million this year and a massive upgrade from anything the Texans have on their team.

They got better on the front line but at what cost?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile Miami is in full tank for Tua mode.
The Tunsil/Stills trade is not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile Miami is in full tank for Tua mode.
The Tunsil/Stills trade is not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
Absolutely.

They are picking up draft capital and in "full suck" mode.

Josh Rosen gets a second chance on a team that was already bad, and has traded away its best OT and a WR to boot.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bears had to pay Mack a massive salary. Tunsil is a bargain price for the next two years and is emerging as one of the best LT in the game. Kind of a necessity when your franchise is relying on Watson and dont want him to get killed.
I think getting a LT to protect Watson is a necessity, so that part is good.

But they won't be adding much to this team for a while, so their future is indeed right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They decided their future is now, on the day they gave away Clowney.
Clowney was holding them hostage. He wants top money. They didnt have much choice. They couldnt trade him until he signed his tender and it seems he wasnt going to do it for a non contender.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Doink-Doink

Bears cant even beat a one legged Aaron Rodgers playing only half a game. Talk to me after you lose your opener, again, to GB.

Staffords record against teams over .500 is his career defining stat. Cousins twinsie.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Clowney was holding them hostage. He wants top money. They didnt have much choice. They couldnt trade him until he signed his tender and it seems he wasnt going to do it for a non contender.
I understand why they lost Clowney. But that doesn't change the fact they did lose him. Giving up the haul they did for Tunsil is risky/bold, depending on how you look at it.

I agree they had to protect Watson, and the move may "save their season" as many have said. I just wonder why they are in need of a season saving, expensive trade a week before opening day when they had the OL problems last year, and didn't suffer a major injury there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are in a shitty division. Probably should win by default.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I dont think so, their division just got weaker with Luck retiring.
Agreed. Titans suck and Colts are dead. Only competition they should have is the Jaguars

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just an idiot franchise. Those picks going back to the Dolphins will be high.
Not sure about that. I haven't looked to see which divisions they play against this year, but their own division is certainly not strong.

Tennessee and Mariota don't score much.
Indy lost Andrew Luck.
Jacksonville picked up Foles and has a good D, but lacks weapons.

Much like last year, Watson and Houston don't have to actually be strong to get a lot of W's.

But are they a threat if they make the postseason?