Trade Quentin for Dunn?

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The latest rumors have the Nationals asking for either Gordon Beckham or Carlos Quentin in return for Adam Dunn. I say Beckham is a no brainer keeper, but I'd move Quentin in a second.

I blogged about it here, but the jist of my argument is that Quentin isn't reliable in the health department and also isn't as good when healthy. Dunn could also become the first baseman of the future.

BrendanB

Painting NH's Sox White
Liked Posts:
The latest rumors have the Nationals asking for either Gordon Beckham or Carlos Quentin in return for Adam Dunn. I say Beckham is a no brainer keeper, but I'd move Quentin in a second.

I blogged about it here, but the jist of my argument is that Quentin isn't reliable in the health department and also isn't as good when healthy. Dunn could also become the first baseman of the future.

They moved Viceido to 1B before he was called up... this was when the Ozzie/KW fight was really heating up and rumors of shipping Paulie were at the highest. Anyway, they seem to expect not resigning Paulie (unless he takes a discount, which he already did once, so it'd be tough to expect him to do again) and Dayan is probably going to be looking to take over 1B going forward.

I agree about Beckham, and I'm hesitant about CQ only because his bat is way too hot right now. If he was where he was at in May, I'd be more inclined, but I'd rather do what's possible to have the lineup include both Dunn and CQ.

Trading for Dunn now would also probably give the Sox 2 first round comp picks for next year's draft which is supposed to be insanely deep. Nats know this which is why they're being insane about their asking price.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think if the Nationals were willing to make the deal happen without Quentin or Beckham it would be done already. Cowley made it seem like Williams offered the pick of all minor league guys.

Perhaps I'm stupid optimistic when it comes to resigning Dunn, but really I think with Konerko coming off the books it wouldn't be that hard to do. Like I said maybe I'm way off on that.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what the fuck would be the point in trading quentin for dunn? thats stupid as hell.

I don't know the Sox near as much as you all do, but that was my initial thought as well. The point is to add offense, not break even.

In 13 fewer games this season, Quentin has 3 fewer homers and 5 MORE RBI's than Dunn...why would you do that?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kenny doesn't want to trade Quentin, I doubt he does.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I only have 1 thing to say to this...

LAUGHABLE! Dunn sucks AND is a FA that would be dumb cuz he will just leave

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
why trade power for power?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I only have 1 thing to say to this...

LAUGHABLE! Dunn sucks AND is a FA that would be dumb cuz he will just leave
Dunn sucks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Maybe defensively but he's not bad at 1st and in the AL he can be a DH. Getting someone who hits 40 HRs, 100+ RBIs, and always has a good OBP despite striking out a ton is a valuable piece to a lineup.

You sir are a delusional and mornic White Sox fan, and I'm a Cubs fan

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I just dont want him. Ya he hits for power. What did he do against us? I just see him as a version of Thome kind of. Does he have any speed left?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I want Dunn but not if we have to give up an already key guy in the line up.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Well enjoy the cellar cub fan. The sox wanted to be a different team this year. Wouldnt adding Dunn be like past teams?? The Power Sox?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want Dunn but not if we have to give up an already key guy in the line up.
Kenny has already said that Quentin isn't going anywhere.

Well enjoy the cellar cub fan. The sox wanted to be a different team this year. Wouldnt adding Dunn be like past teams?? The Power Sox?
So you like having Mark Kotsay and Andruw Jones at DH?:doorrofl:

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
No i dont like having them as DH but im not interested in Dunn's 114 K's

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
LOL i didnt deserve it either just dont think Dunn's Ks are good for the team we want to be