Trade Quentin for Dunn?

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
well how the hell u supposed to compare em when one is on the way out and the other still in his prime? HELLO!!!

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya Dunn has been playing since 01 and well this year is his best BA year by far and Thome has had BA's anywhere from .277 to .316 i was too young to watch thome in his prime

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
well how the hell u supposed to compare em when one is on the way out and the other still in his prime? HELLO!!!

It's obvious, you compare them on how they are right now because that's the production we will get if we get them, duh.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Theres no way Dunn is far better. Quentin can hit for better average. Q wouldve been MVP if he didnt break his wrist. And Quentin give it his all when he is out ther. His diving catches he gets hit alot because of his stance. We shouldve just kept Thome if we trade for Dunn who is a FA. Id rather try for maybe Luke Scott of Baltimore

warfgif.gif

ichitownclowni

Liked Posts:
Carlos has better numbers than Dunn in less games played, That would make absolutley no fucking sense.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quentin doesn't have better numbers. He just doesn't. Dunn has a higher career SLG%, higher career OBP, higher career wOBA, consistent production over a decade.

Quentin has had one brilliant season and recently a hot month. Every single time he gets touched he misses a week of games.

If you want Quentin because you like him more, say that. Quentin is in no way better at baseball than Adam Dunn. To think otherwise is silly.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Quentin doesn't have better numbers. He just doesn't. Dunn has a higher career SLG%, higher career OBP, higher career wOBA, consistent production over a decade.

Quentin has had one brilliant season and recently a hot month. Every single time he gets touched he misses a week of games.

If you want Quentin because you like him more, say that. Quentin is in no way better at baseball than Adam Dunn. To think otherwise is silly.

I'll repost my post from earlier:

WAR since 2008:

Quentin: 4.6 (in 308 games)

Dunn: 5.1 (in 410 games)

Is Dunn really all that much better?

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is the value of each guy's bat since 2008, each has equally bad defensive value in RF and both should be a full time DH.

Dunn- 84.1
Quentin- 50.8

Like I said last time Dunn's WAR took a massive hit in 2008/9 because he was playing right field when he should have been playing first base. Dunn is a much better, more accomplished, more consistent hitter.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Here is the value of each guy's bat since 2008, each has equally bad defensive value in RF and both should be a full time DH.

Dunn- 84.1
Quentin- 50.8

Like I said last time Dunn's WAR took a massive hit in 2008/9 because he was playing right field when he should have been playing first base. Dunn is a much better, more accomplished, more consistent hitter.

UZR/150 in the OF: -13.3

At 1B: -17.3

Face it, they're pretty equal players.

And Quentins UZR/150 in the OF: -8.8

Quentin is still pretty bad in the OF, but he's not Dunn-bad.

And their UZR's since 2008:

Dunn: -68

Quentin: -31.9