Training Camp - Day 4

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Club Dub DJ leader has been found.

Not half bad, in a "Just hangin' with da fellas" kinda way. Looks like he'll be taking Bezo's place.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I try not to judge the youthful music decisions people make (Greg Olsen!) but dang that is just terrible.
lol I liked it, but I would say not necessarily for its musical excellence. Made me want to fire up a BBQ.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No worries. I was assured that after a year in the system this wouldn't be an issue in 2019. It has nothing to do with Trubisky maybe just not being a very accurate passer beyond the chains. Should be fine.

Any updates on the rain?
Lame...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

How so? I have serious doubts about his accuracy. I was told that in the second year in the system this would no longer be an issue. He's still missing, even in the comfort of practice.

Commenting on factual information is lame?

Or is pretty much anything other than unquestioning adoration for him lame in the eyes of you fanboys?

Look, I didn't make the Bears shit at the QB position. It's just the natural order of the NFL.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy playing the long game... Trubisky looked too good yesterday, so he told him to look worse today to allow bad media to help the Packers underestimate them for week one... Nice :)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What’s worrying to me is that trubisky is not completing ? % of his passes. Has he spoke with the press yet, and if so has he addressed this fact?
I mean it benefits nobody to pretend like he didn’t suck today. This is year 3. He gets no excuses from me.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey did you guys know that Joe Namath had THREE 6 interception games in his career?

Peyton Manning and Brett Favre even accomplished the same feat!

Its almost like a QB is allowed to have a bad day or something.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How so? I have serious doubts about his accuracy. I was told that in the second year in the system this would no longer be an issue. He's still missing, even in the comfort of practice.

Commenting on factual information is lame?

Or is pretty much anything other than unquestioning adoration for him lame in the eyes of you fanboys?

Look, I didn't make the Bears shit at the QB position. It's just the natural order of the NFL.

You're the hot take king. I'm hardly a "fan boy" but I've watched a bunch of NFL QBs develop over the years. Guys like you would have been running Drew Brees out of here after two years.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I will say, almost all the beat writers have noticed Mitch has been very good on anything inside of 20 yards and his “fastball” throws are very accurate. The issue seems to be anything with touch which is obviously very concerning.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will say, almost all the beat writers have noticed Mitch has been very good on anything inside of 20 yards and his “fastball” throws are very accurate. The issue seems to be anything with touch which is obviously very concerning.

You literally can't be concerned. It's not allowed. If you express concern, you want to cut him and you hate the Bears.

This place is getting worse.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe Mitchell needs MORE touch on his touch passes? I still say it's because of the rain/ball being wet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean it benefits nobody to pretend like he didn’t suck today. This is year 3. He gets no excuses from me.
All that and I've been thanking Bearmick but this is what preseason is about. Finding timing and working out the kinks. I don't sweat this stuff for a few weeks. That said, I'd rather see better long balls getting picked than throws being that off. I like that Mitch hasn't been floating a lot of mid level throws and that his deep balls have all missed the same direction but we now need to see the correction as he finds his timing etc.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
All that and I've been thanking Bearmick but this is what preseason is about. Finding timing and working out the kinks. I don't sweat this stuff for a few weeks. That said, I'd rather see better long balls getting picked than throws being that off. I like that Mitch hasn't been floating a lot of mid level throws and that his deep balls have all missed the same direction but we now need to see the correction as he finds his timing etc.
Honestly I kinda think it’s him overcompensating. He probably saw / heard everybody talking about how bad his overthrows were, especially deep, so now he’s naturally trying to avoid that again and as a result he’s now consistently under throwing. With that being said, he’s gotta figure it out. Hopefully it comes with reps and time.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe Mitchell needs MORE touch on his touch passes? I still say it's because of the rain/ball being wet.
Rain,wet ball, and/or bad day, it matters little. Every QB on every team will have a bad day during TC. If it becomes a trend, then it will be a concern. As for rainy day games, well teams tend to run it a hell of a lot more in those conditions, but they aren't about to do hand off drills all day long.