Training Camp - Day 4

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He literally had a higher completion % than Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes last year. (factual information)

Is he supposed to be 100% in practice? Do other QB's miss in practice? Can someone please research this for me? I was unaware that the standard is perfection in practice.

Thanks.

Other QB's with small hands miss in practice in the rain too, yes.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Will practicing against this great defense help the offense or just cripple their confidence for the rest of the year?

You would think the constant powerhouse Ds over the years in practice would have the offenses being on a cake walk in games. Hasn't worked out that way.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Short Fingered Vulgarian's" Hands > Trubisky's Hands

Where did Pace come from? Doesn't he know cold weather franchises always choose the big hands...should have made the Watson/Mahomes/Trubisky decision easy.

EDIT: Pace is off the hook.I didn't realize they are all three little bitch hand guys.Trubs-9.5, Watson 9.75, Mahomes 9.25

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You know Mitch has bigger hands than Mahomes right? Of course you don’t.

Where did Pace come from? Doesn't he know cold weather franchises always choose the big hands...should have made the Watson/Mahomes/Trubisky decision easy.

EDIT: Pace is off the hook.I didn't realize they are all three little bitch hand guys.Trubs-9.5, Watson 9.75, Mahomes 9.25

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
T-shirt makers rejoice. Here's Akiem Hicks' assessment on why these Bears are wired properly to embrace big expectations and to enjoy the grind of pursuing excellence together. "Pace doesn't bring in assholes."

Last year I went to an OTA at Halas Hall and after practice we went back inside and had a Q&A session with one of the personnel guys. He said it took a lot of research and debate before they agreed to bring Toliver in even as an UDFA because of concerns about his attitude.

They're really trying to build a team with great players that have strong character. Guys with character are accountable and don't quit. Having a great culture can really build a strong foundation for a successful organization.

The Ray McDonald fiasco was born of a young GM trusting a veteran D coordinator that had a history with the player. Pace won't do that anymore. He learned his lesson.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

No shit Pace traded up for 9 1/2's when he could have snagged some 9 7/8+ gems in round 2 or later. Now if we only knew the throw velocity of all these guys.

Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame, 6-4, 233, 9 7/8
Trevor Knight, Texas A&M, 6-1, 219, 9 7/8
Mitch Leidner, Minnesota, 6-3, 226, 10
Sefo Liufau, Colorado, 6-3, 232, 10 3/4
Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh, 6-3, 226, 9 7/8

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No shit Pace traded up for 9 1/2's when he could have snagged some 9 7/8+ gems in round 2 or later. Now if we only knew the throw velocity of all these guys.

Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame, 6-4, 233, 9 7/8
Trevor Knight, Texas A&M, 6-1, 219, 9 7/8
Mitch Leidner, Minnesota, 6-3, 226, 10
Sefo Liufau, Colorado, 6-3, 232, 10 3/4
Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh, 6-3, 226, 9 7/8

I will bet that Allen has some big old hands in Buffalo. (not really... only 10 1/8th at 6'5")

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Mitch might not end up being the guy Pace thought he drafted but he gets this season and possibly next for me to decide exactly what I think of him long term. His season last year was the most promising I've ever seen out of a Bear QB since I've been a fan. In '95 when Kramer played well for the Bears, he was 31 years old. McMahon never had a season even remotely close to what Trubisky did last season.

Grossman - No
Harbaugh - Hell No
Orton - Nope
Cutler - He never had a passer rating over 90 until he was 32.

Currently it's an incredibly low bar. The futility has to end. Hopefully, Mitch is the guy to do it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Personally, I'm rooting for Piniero, but that's based on nothing but the fact that we traded for him.

Right but we don't have to make that trade if he isn't on the team at a certain date which i can't remember exactly what date that is but i know it's at least game 1 and might even be game 4 or some shit like that.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man Andie MacDowell was hot.
She lived down the street from me... She was unfair... One early Sat. morning I was driving down to grab a waffle, pulled out of the drive about 7 am, I saw what I thought was a High School girl in shorts and a halter top and thought to myself, awful early for kids to be out... Yup, it was her.... So not fair. We spoke a few times, neighborly hi, hi kind of thing, but we all basically left her alone. Her sister lived on the other side of me, so she often walked by. She moved up to NYC 4-5 years back.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McMahon never had a season even remotely close to what Trubisky did last season.

Are you sure? You can't compare QB statistics across eras. This is a passing league and everyone's numbers are something that would have been all pro 30 years ago. You can only compare how good they were relative to other QBs at the time.

What was Trubisky's rate+ in 2018 compared to McMahon's in 1985? I'm pretty sure I remember reading that McMahon was top 10 in '85.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
fDYnCy.gif
Can't believe you went Milli Vanilli...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch might not end up being the guy Pace thought he drafted but he gets this season and possibly next for me to decide exactly what I think of him long term. His season last year was the most promising I've ever seen out of a Bear QB since I've been a fan. In '95 when Kramer played well for the Bears, he was 31 years old. McMahon never had a season even remotely close to what Trubisky did last season.

Grossman - No
Harbaugh - Hell No
Orton - Nope
Cutler - He never had a passer rating over 90 until he was 32.

Currently it's an incredibly low bar. The futility has to end. Hopefully, Mitch is the guy to do it.
McMahon was clutch and could win with a limp arm. Why does everyone diss him?

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Right but we don't have to make that trade if he isn't on the team at a certain date which i can't remember exactly what date that is but i know it's at least game 1 and might even be game 4 or some shit like that.
lol why would you keep a kicker for only a handful of games if he's the kicker you're keeping out of the kicker competition? Just to keep a late round pick? WTF

ARE YOU AN ACTUAL Special person?