HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love how people seem to ignore the elephant in the room with respect to the performance of Mitch and the rest of the offense. They're practicing against the best defense in the NFL...those guys win too. A lot.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love how people seem to ignore the elephant in the room with respect to the performance of Mitch and the rest of the offense. They're practicing against the best defense in the NFL...those guys win too. A lot.
Are you suggesting that Mitch's accuracy issues downfield are due to being pressured or hurried? In practice? 7 on 7? Really? Seriously? Not even kidding?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, that is what I said. Totally didn't say Mitch and the rest of the offense...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that is what I said. Totally didn't say Mitch and the rest of the offense...

I'm not sure you are actually following the conversation though, it's been about Mitch's accuracy issues downfield, like all day. What's the rest of the offense have to do with that? What's the defense have to do with that?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with Trubisky’s accuracy in training camp. He did just fine in good weather the other day.

Let’s soak up the body of preseason work first before we start heating up the spoon to self sooth.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is worried about the rest of the offense from what I see. Just Trubisky ‘s throws.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So no one was reading the tweets of the rest of the struggles of the offense aside from over/underthrows? Okay then.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I hate to agree with @xer0h0ur but there were plenty of beat writers saying the offensive line was atrocious too, but Mitch’s deep ball was clearly “the issue”. It’s also worth mentioning the that deep ball was really the only “issue” with Mitch today.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hate to agree with @xer0h0ur but there were plenty of beat writers saying the offensive line was atrocious too, but Mitch’s deep ball was clearly “the issue”. It’s also worth mentioning the that deep ball was really the only “issue” with Mitch today.

Here's the thing, nobody is missing any room elephants, the discussion has been pretty much focused on these under/overthrows. Has nothing to do with the defense or offensive line. Mitch is wearing a RED SHIRT and nobody is allowed to touch him. If he's getting shookened by pressure due to the elephant D or a bad line in practice causing him to have accuracy issues, there is a real problem.

I still say it's just his balls being wet and slippery.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Here's the thing, nobody is missing any room elephants, the discussion has been pretty much focused on these under/overthrows. Has nothing to do with the defense or offensive line. Mitch is wearing a RED SHIRT and nobody is allowed to touch him. If he's getting shookened by pressure due to the elephant D or a bad line in practice causing him to have accuracy issues, there is a real problem.

I still say it's just his balls being wet and slippery.
Yeah the offensive line had nothing to do with the inaccuracy, it was just a separate issue that the offense has. However most of his inaccuracies are beyond 20 yards, along the side line, and are consistently a step or 2 short, which of course is still a big issue.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’m still waiting on confirmation on wether or not he had his arm sleeve on for these under throws and over throws. I don’t think he had it on.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right but we don't have to make that trade if he isn't on the team at a certain date which i can't remember exactly what date that is but i know it's at least game 1 and might even be game 4 or some shit like that.
"The Bears acquired kicker Eddy Pineiro from the Oakland Raiders for a conditional 2021 seventh-round draft pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. If Pineiro isn't on Chicago's active roster for five games, the Raiders won't get the pick,"

So...IF, he beats out Fry,
You literally can't be concerned. It's not allowed. If you express concern, you want to cut him and you hate the Bears.

This place is getting worse.
if by "this place" you refer to Earth, I agree whole heartedly.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
It is concerning that Trubs is not connecting on the longer routes to the sidelines. It's a must have throw for any legit QB.

The fact that he is described as very accurate on longer throws to the middle of the field that require more of a fastball throw than a rainbow or arcing throw would seem to indicate a mechanics problem and not a strength or athleticism issue. Hopefully they can get it worked out because we've got the receivers to go get it. It's so nice to finally have a formidable receiving corps.

Great defense or not, the long arcing throw has not been consistently accurate and while I think Mitch's future is really bright, this is worth being concerned about at the moment.